Just A Small Wolf

Chapter Five: Adam Lup-Garou

After a quick run I found myself back at my humble village. The sun had lowered itself in the sky as many people walked along the main street, heading back home. I had always hoped to see May or even Felix but they never showed. Although my expectations were low my eyes peered around looking for them once again. By the end of the street I had given up and began walking at a faster pace in order to get home before Mother did. The wind had died down allowing me to re-style my hair quickly with my hand.

“Cassie!” I heard a warm voice call from behind Just as I was about to turn the corner. I spun around as I felt butterflies beginning to form in my stomach. I saw Adam with bags of groceries in each hand. He stood still waiting for my response. My heart began to pound as he stood in the middle of the side path, awaiting me.

“Adam!” I called back running up to him. He immediately dropped the bags preparing himself for an expected hug. As I sank into the hug I felt him pull away. I followed as I saw no point in trying anything. “How have you been?” I asked excitedly. The same wind that had blown through the forest was moving Adam’s sandy hair to the side. He moved it back in place with his hand but the wind ruined his efforts with ease.

“I’ve been great. The group’s been a little quiet without you,” he said, attempting small talk. I blushed a little at the thought of everyone missing my company but shook it off as I looked back up at Adam.

“Well, you know, I’ll be back tomorrow so-“ I stared before being interrupted.

“Cassandra Beatrice!” I heard an older woman’s voice call. Ugh. It was my mother. I turned back around towards home again to see her muscular figure. Her hands were on her hips and even with the bad lighting I could tell she was pissed. “What did I tell you?” she questioned looking behind me, at Adam. She released a large sigh, “we are going home right now! You’re grounded. Three more days.” My jaw dropped in result of her words.

“Mother, I was just-“ I attempted to explain.

“I am sick of your excuses, Cassandra!” she yelled embarrassing me further. She lunged out and grabbed my wrist squeezing much more than necessary. I gave Adam one last unsure smile as he shrugged nervously. I hated being grounded, especially because I had to stay in the house with my mother but a new idea popped into my head. I’d also have to put up with someone else now.

Hunter.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you guys didn't like this chapter last time but yeah, it's just a quick one to introduce Adam.
I'm not happy with it either.

Anyway, I love all my subscribers so much. KJbadba.

Hope you enjoy!
-Sarah