Just A Small Wolf

Chapter Six: An Unconfessional

I woke up again feeling excited that I wasn’t grounded anymore. “Shit,” I mumbled to myself as I remembered Mother had grounded me for another three days. “Shit,” I said to myself again realizing I would possibly have another visit from Hunter.

“Cassandra! Get up!” I heard Mother scream from the kitchen. I slowly got up from the comfort of my bed; missing it almost immediately.

“Bitch,” I said quietly so she wouldn’t hear. I quickly got changed and made my way downstairs. “Morning,” I greeted trying to sound pleasant but instead sounded sarcastic. My family ignored me so I continued out the door, back to the forest again. As I walked outsaid I noticed the overcast cloud making the rest of the day look dreary. I walked back down the main street again seeing a few familiar faces. As usual I greeted them without creating any unnecessary small talk. Admittedly, the people in my village seemed to love me but I was unsure why.

Even with the usual greetings and mother screaming at me today felt different somehow. Not a good different but like something was missing. I peered down the street I’d usually go down to meet up with my friends as I felt my eyes tearing up. So much could have changed whilst I’d been gone and I wouldn’t even know. What if they had replaced me? Or if I didn’t fit in due to the past events? I clenched my teeth as I remembered whose fault it had been. Technically it was my fault but if mother understood that I’m not a little slut then maybe I wouldn’t have gotten grounded.

I didn’t bother shifting into my wolf form as I moped my way back to the border of my pack’s territory. I walked back into the same spot, resting against the same tree. I was surprised to see the effort I had put into my outfit. Wearing ripped stockings with army boots, some pale shorts and a white t-shirt with my favourite band written across the front. My hair was left down hanging completely straight except for the flick created on the edge of my side fringe by my straightener. I sighed loudly as I drifted off into a small dream.

ϰ

“Little-“ I heard Hunter’s mysterious voice awaken me. He interrupted himself as he saw my human form. “Cassandra, what’s wrong?” he asked after disappearing for a moment to shit into his human form. I’d usually be so charmed by his but today it didn’t show make the day yet drearier.

“Nothing,” I lied poorly. I didn’t mean to soften my tone but his concern changed something. I remembered the difference in his personality when he had asked why I was so afraid of him. I wasn’t affected then but now I felt something in my stomach drop. Maybe it was the lack of adrenalin that had rushed up once he had the chance to kill me.

“You’re lying,” he stated, pointing out the obvious as he sat next to me. He refused to touch me as he almost seemed nervous. He kept his hands in his lap away from me and that’s when I knew that he was all talk. I laughed to myself a little at the thought of this.

“You’re all talk,” I stated recalling my thoughts as I laughed.

“I’m what?” he asked in shock.
“You won’t even look at me,” I laughed once more. I felt regret come over me as I saw a devilish smile form on Hunter’s face.

“Is that right?” he asked. I felt butterflies come over me again as I saw his smile. There was just something about it… It was so sexy. I scolded myself immediately for thinking that though and continued the little ‘argument’ I had started.

“It is.” As when we first met I felt an unexpected weight shift onto my body but this time it wasn’t a huge black wolf. It was Hunter. Just Hunter. I don’t know how he managed but my legs had ended up on either side of his body as he lay, on top of me, in between. “But we’ve done this before, remember?” I said, recalling the wolf form incidents. That devilish smile turned his lips again as he pressed his body into my, via his pelvis. I felt so uncomfortable under his weight but didn’t feel the urge to move.

“Have we?” he asked leaning down to my face and kissing me gently at first. I felt the pressure on me as I couldn’t move. I squirmed a little at first but as I felt his lips touch grow into a deeper kiss I couldn’t resist. I hated that I had attraction towards him but it was unbearable. I soon found myself kissing back as I moved my hands up to wrap around his neck. I felt his hands carefully touch my waist with that small hint of nerves.

I smile formed on his lips as I gave into his charm as he pulled away from the kiss. I looked up at him wanting more but he simply laughed. “What?” I questioned.

“I’m all talk. You have no feelings towards me,” he mocked. Oh crap. I felt my skin turn red as I hid my face from Hunter. “And might I say, you look gorgeous today,” he compliment as he climbed off me. The same weight left me as previous times but this time I almost missed it. I lay in silence looking upwards as he sat beside my again.

“What the fuck was that?” I asked, not making eye contact.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here.
I'm not really happy with this chapter either but whatever.

I still love yoy guys!

Hope you enjoy!
-Sarah