Just A Small Wolf

Chapter Nine: Changes Were Made

Once I had returned to the village my thoughts had already turned into a massive tangle. There was the kiss with Hunter but the long-lasting attraction towards Adam. I was caught between the mystery behind Hunter’s identity or Adam’s pure heart. Then Hunter’s kisses flooded into my thoughts. Memories of his hands on my waist, his lips locked with mine, his sweet words “I like you.” I couldn’t handle these emotions.

“Cass?” I heard a far too familiar voice call. I spun around immediately to see Adam’s brilliant figure. A flutter filled my stomach as he approached me. “I called your name like five times,” he laughed. Oh shit. My skin turned bright red as the embarrassment took over my body. The nice-boy attitude kicked in as he reached out for a hug. I sank into the hug immediately feeling Adam’s warmth and being consumed by the smell of his cologne.

“I need to tell you something,” I said nervously as we began to pull away from the hug. My palms were already sweaty but I knew I had to say it. I was grounded for another two days and I couldn’t risk being forgotten. Ever since I was sent out on patrol I feared the group would forget about me and find someone new. Adam arched an eyebrow and looked at me with concerned eyes. I took a deep breath feeling the world stop around me. I looked into his gorgeous eyes shyly, “Okay, I’m just going to go out and say this,” I began, “I like you, Adam.”

My words felt right but I couldn’t handle the rejection. I didn’t want to. I felt like running but my body told me to stay. I continued to look into Adam’s eyes to see his reaction. “Cassandra…” he said softly. I felt my stomach drop as I predicted to be turned down. His face was full of concern and guilt but as I waited for what felt like forever he had still said nothing.

I couldn’t stand in front of him, having confessed to him, and not get a response. My body turned as I released a sad sigh. “Wait,” I heard Adam say gently, “Cassandra,” he barely whispered. He jumped in front of me in order to stop me from leaving but still couldn’t tell me what he was trying to say.

“Adam, don’t-“ I began. My words were interrupted abruptly though by something I had been wanting for a long time. I couldn’t say any more as I felt Adam’s lips press against mine. My cheeks grew bright shades of red as his hands gently brushed against my waist. Unlike Hunter’s kiss there was no hesitation from me. I immediately kissed back enjoying the feeling of Adam’s lips. They were as soft and perfect as I had always dreamt.

Usually I’d find it odd kissing in the middle of the footpath but it didn’t matter because I was so consumed in the kiss it was like nothing else mattered nor existed. Hunter didn’t enter my mind once, it was just Adam. Just Adam’s lips, just Adam’s hands, his touch, him. Everything felt perfect. He pulled away slowly and looked me in the eyes. He went to say something but I could tell he was shy. I gave a soft laugh and pulled away being filled with regret instantaneously. As I did Adam caught my hands in his and looked at me again. He still couldn’t say anything. I looked behind his tall figure at the sun and realized I needed to go home. “I’m so sorry, Adam,” I said quickly before pulling myself away from him.

“Cassandra,” I heard my mother call as I walked in the door. This was new. I walked into the kitchen where her voice came from. “Cassandra, we need to have a little talk,” she explained upon seeing me. My body froze completely. We need to have a little talk. That’s never good. I walked into the living room and sat down as mother gestured. I waited nervously for her to begin speaking. “Okay, I know I’ve been a little harsh on you lately,” she began softly.’ Only for my whole life,’ I though. “So, I think we should make some changes,” he smiled.

“Changes?” I asked curiously.

“I understand you’re 17 now, and so you’re nearly an adult,” I nodded in excitement, “so, I’m going to lift your punishment and your curfew is now 1:00am,” she told me smiling. I could tell her smile was partially forced but at the same time it was as if she wanted me to happy.

“Lift my punishment?” I questioned.

“Yes, you’re no longer grounded,” she said. I squealed in excitement and rushed to my room. I quickly changed into my favourite shirt and black skinny jeans and ran down the stairs texting my friends madly. I slipped on a pair of red converse and quickly looked in the mirror near the front door to fix my hair. I looked down at my outfit and admired image of a masterball printed on it. I had always loved Pokémon, it was the most common interest between me and Adam.

I found out May was working and there was really no point in asking Felix to come along considering we have nothing to talk about. There was only one other person I was dying to see. Adam. I texted him quickly asking if we could meet up and waited eagerly. After a few minutes he replied telling me to go to his house. My body froze but at the same time excitement filled my body.

So I began the short walk. To Adam’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not so sure about this chapter but I was so done with Cassandra being grounded.
There is more Adam to come. If that's a good thing?

Enjoy!

~Sarah