Status: Still working on the story, it will be long and evenul, bear with us.

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter 11

I waited in the dark for what seemed like forever. I don't know that I was entirely sure of what I was doing, but I was sure that I had just seen a man, whom I was infatuated with, kissing a blonde tramp, and I was upset at the world, so I called the first person I could think of. I don't know why I has called them because in the long run, i had the feeling that it was probably going to end up as the worst decision I had ever made. After a few minutes I came to the conclusion that life was dumb, and being a teenager sucked. Now all I could do was wait.
I sat on the curb with my Dr. Pepper and found myself wishing Jess had been here.
When I had moved into town it was a new experience. I was zoned for a different school than all my friends and I didn't know anyone on that side of town. I had been positively scared out of my mind. My first two weeks of school had been torture, but then I met Jess and all of that changed. She and I had become friends through music. All Time Low, Mayday Parade, You Me At Six, Chris Drew... They were the soundtrack to our friendship. When we graduated she went off to film school in California and I wasted away in Austin. I never had a plan. She was the one with the big ideas. For the last 3 years of my life, she had been there with me and she had been there for me. Now that I needed her most, I didn't have her, and that was killing me.

Soon enough I heard the sound of feet hitting gravel and a voice calling my name.
"Over here.." I called towards him. His slightly faded pink hair was barely visible in the darkness and i could barely see his face, but the purple GK shirt, dark sweater and skinny jeans let me know that Alex Gaskarth had finally come for me.
Now, I was entirely bonkers at the time and honestly, I was not sure why I had called Alex, of all people, but I had a feeling that seeing him would make me feel better. Surprisingly, it did.
The streams of tears that has run down my face only minutes before had smeared my makeup and from first glance it was pretty obvious that I had been crying. I looked like a wreck, and honestly, I didn't want anyone to see me this way, let alone Alex. However, despite my discomfort with the situation, the feeling that I needed to stay on that curbside, and the fact that I was so low and depressed that I didn't even want to move, I stood up and began walking towards Alex.
"What happened? What's wrong?" he asked, as he half-jogged towards me. He looked so upset and distressed. My face said it all, i guess. As soon as he approached me I was taken into a warm hug. I began to sob more and more.
"Hey, hey don't cry... No worries, it's okay. Hey it's okay, everything's alright now, you're okay." He stroked my hair and rubbed my back while he cooed in my ear. I wasn't sure what to do or say or feel anymore. I felt betrayed and sad and lost, but I also felt relieved and comforted by Alex'a warmth and his words. I wanted to just stay wrapped up in his arms forever, but something told me that it would be a bad idea. I didn't even know how he has found me...
I realized then, that even though I was doing something incredibly dumb, for the first time, in a very long time, I finally felt safe. Confused and upset, but safe.

We stayed in the gas station parking lot for a while, just standing there. I told him what had happened. He seemed shocked and really upset at the situation. After I told him what I had seen, it was evident that he wasn't going to let me see Zack at all tonight.
"He's such an ass." Was his response. We were walking back to the venue. He held my hand and lent me his sweater. Arizona was hot when the sun was out, but it got really chilly at night.
"I've never seen him act like this. Ever. I love that kid like he was my brother, but now I'm pretty fucking pissed. Nothing gives him the right to make someone like you feel like shit." He said.
"I just want to talk to him. Let him know what I saw and how much it hurt me. I don't think that it would do any harm...Except maybe to me, honestly." I thought the last part silently. I tried to reason with him, but the thing about Alex is that once he has his mind set on something, there's no changing it and there's no getting around him. I was too tired and hurt to go on arguing, so I let Alex take me back to WATIC's bus. No chance of seeing Zack.
"Hold on a minute." He said before leaving me outside the bus for a few moments. I think he was checking to make sure Zack wasn't inside. When he came back outside he grabbed my hand and led me inside. Tay and Jordan were eating some Ramen and writing some new music when we walked in. Alex talked to them for a few minutes and let me explain my situation to help them understand why I'd be sleeping here tonight instead of with Zack. As I told my story Tay's facial expressions changed. At first she was intently listening, then she looked concerned, and then her face changed to one of pure shock. She stood up immediately after I finished and hugged me.
"I saw him a few hours ago, he was pacing around, it looked like he was freaking out. When Rian tries to go comfort him, he blew up. I didn't realize..." She trailed off, looking at me with puppy-dog eyes.
"It's okay Tay. Thanks." I replied with a half smile. It had been so long since I had felt this comforted and calm in such a shitty situation that I was actually okay with talking to someone. I didn't feel the need to restrain myself around these people. It was brand new and I liked it a lot.
Tay lent me some pajamas and underwear and found an extra toothbrush and a towel so I could get cleaned up and sleep comfortably. Alex, Jordan, Rob and Cameron all stayed in the front to play video games and eat all the food while Tay and I stayed in the back bunks. After I showered I sat on the bunk next to Tay and we started talking. We ended up talking for hours.
I told her about school and ex boyfriends and junior year.
Junior year was the hardest. I never felt like talking about it much, but I was so comfortable with Tay. I knew she wouldn't think I was crazy like everyone else had. She wouldn't try to put me in a mental institution or make me see a therapist like my parents had. She never tried to be a therapist like everyone else had. She just listened, which, in the end, isn't that all anyone ever needs?
Alex came back around 2am to say goodbye and go to his bus. He gave me a big hug and told me that he would always be here for me, no matter what. Then he kissed me on the forehead and turned down the hallway and out the door. I didn't find it surprising in the slightest. I actually found it very comforting. My heart just about burst with gratitude for all of the trouble he had gone through that night for me. He was such a good guy.
That was the night that decided I was pretty sure I liked Alex Gaskarth.