Status: Still working on the story, it will be long and evenul, bear with us.

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter 13

It was just 20 minutes after Alex had left that I heard yelling from down the way. We had parked on the McDonald's parking lot to sleep because the damn owners of the venue were pissy bitches. But that's besides the point.
I heard a girl yelling in the parking lot, screaming for someone to 'open up'. I was half asleep so I wasn't paying much attention. The noise died for a few minutes and then the yelling came from outside OUR bus.
"LEILA YOU'VE GOT A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO!"
My first reaction was, "What the fuck?" My second reaction was instantaneous after my first and I hopped out of bed and down the narrow corridor to the door. Upon opening it, I smacked the noisemaker in the face, causing her to turn away for a monent before turning back and bluntly stating "Um, ow." My face lit up at the sight of her.
"JESS!!!!!!!!" I practically tackled my best friend and I squeezed her until she forced me to let go, due to lack of air.
"Holy shit." I said. "God, I missed you."
"I missed you too. You wanna tell me why you texted me to come out here at such an unholy hour?" Her face was sincere.
"Um, let's walk." I said.
We walked into the McDonald's and sat down at a table. Thank God they're a 24 hour restaurant. We didn't order anything, and you could feel the old women station is down behind the counter. Whatever.
I sat down on the cold plastic seat and began telling my story. I told her how I lied to my mom and how Zack and I had a thing and I thought I was falling in love with him until tonight when I had caught him with another girl and he had pretty much crushed my soul. I hadn't gotten the chance to talk to him yet and clarify things up because Alex had told me I should wait until we had both calmed down to talk. Jess was in shock. She knew me better than anyone. She knew that I never lied and that I was terrified of sex and how I was scared of the world and of people. She knew why I had been in an institution and what really made me scared. What she didn't know was that I so desperately wanted a life like they show in the movies. I wanted to go buck-wild and have fun before my life was over. She hasn't seen me change. Her face was indescribable. She waited a few minutes to collect herself before she responded to my story.
"Well..." Jess, for once, was lost for words.
"I don't know what to do Jess." I said. I was almost in tears.
"You've changed darling..."she said, finally. She looked at me and sighed. "Come with me." She said after a few seconds of silence.
I walked out the door, my hands in the big deep pocket of the sweatshirt Alex had managed to snag from his bus for me. It was a nice gesture, but it depressed me more than anything. He didn't know that it was Zack's. I followed Jess outside to the bus, but it wasn't the one I had come out of and hour earlier.
"Jess, what are you doing?" Mu heart raced as i called to her. she reached up and pulled the handle to the door of the bus and stepped inside.
"Zachary Merrick had better get his ass out here before I have to go in there and kick him out myself!" She yelled from the stairs inside of the bus.
"No, Jess, no..." I whispered to myself. There was a lot of yelling from inside the bus before a handsome sandy-blonde head poked out and a rippling shirtless body followed. He walked towards me, Jess behind him. He looked like he had been crying and he smelled of liquor. I looked at my feet. I wasn't sure what to say. Jess came around from his backside and stood between the two of us."I did not drive my ass more than 400 miles in the middle of the night for this problem not to be resolved right this very second. Talk to each other. Now." She said very scary-like.