Status: Still working on the story, it will be long and evenul, bear with us.

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter 2

I had completely forgotten how this morning had gone, with my puking episode and all, and now all I could think about, alone at a bar that was like my second home, was what I was going to be doing in a few hours.
Now most people get excited about concerts because they like the bands and they get to meet everyone and then they get bragging rights and yaddayadda. But what I like about shows is the feeling of being alive. The whole crowd is there to see that band; they're there to enjoy the music that has saved them; to fraternize with the people who share similar stories; to feel like they belong. Thats why i go to shows. Thats why i love Emo's Austin. Its the one place that i know I'll always belong.
When Ralph came back into the room and coughed loudly from the cigarette smoke, I jumped off my barstool in a daze.
"Holy shit." I said as I dashed around the corner, just in time to see two black tour busses pull up with trailers attached.
"Holy shit." I repeated.
I stood there in shock. It was like something out of a fanfiction story. Here I was, with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I was frozen solid.
A heard woots and shouts coming from the inside of the first black bus, and from the second, I could have sworn I heard someone say "Yes! Bathrooms!" and as the doors opened, and eight or so people filed out and into the venue, my heart began racing.
I'm not normally a shy type; in fact, I'm not shy at all. So when I finally snapped out of my daze, I recovered quickly and walked up to the shorter girl in the front with a nose ring.
"Hi! How's it goin guys!?" I addressed the crowd with a smile.
"Yeah ok this is great. Where's the bathroom, I have to go. Now." replied the skinny boy with black hair and a shirt that read "Boner." No doubt that was Jack.
After I fraternized for a bit, I showed the two bands where the restrooms were and the crew started getting all of their stuff set up on the outdoor stage, I sat down with the nose-ringed girl, Tay, lead vocals for We Are The In Crowd, and also one of my very few girl-crushes. I loved this girl, even though I didn't know her; she was my inspiration.
"Holy cheese, Texas is hot as crap, man." she started.
"Oh god, I know. It'll be cooler when you start playing, since the sun will almost be down, but I can guarantee y'all will sweat like animals up there tonight."
She scoffed, "Yeah, no lies."
After explaining my love for the band and their music and having a short discussion before sound check, she asked me "Hey, so you are staying for the show right?"
With a smile on my face I replied "Wouldn't miss it for the world!" and then I laughed and added, "Plus, what else do I have to do?" and with that, she walked up on stage and WATIC began their sound check.
With one band up on stage, that meant the other would be waiting behind the scenes... Or in this case, in front of the scenes. All Time Low was sitting at the bar, almost half asleep, obviously because they hadn't gotten any the night before. I walked up to Zack, the bassist and my long-time celebrity crush, and he slowly turned to face me with that sexy grin he always wore.
"Hey!" he greeted me with a hug, as if we were long time friends, although we had only met an hour before.
"Hi!" I replied, blushing.
"So, are you excited for our show tonight!?" he said, just a little too enthusiastically.
I hadn't stopped smiling, and now my smile only got bigger. "Of course!"
"Good, it's always nice to know know someone in the audience and have someone to look forward to talking with afterwards." Zack said as he stood up and stretched.
The sound check was loud and I could barely heard what he was saying as he continued to talk.
"Zack, I'm so sorry, but I can't understand anything you're saying dude!" I yelled over the noise.
He looked discouraged and it made me wonder what he had been saying to me, but when the sound stopped, he spoke softly and shyly and asked me if I wanted to go walk around town with him until they were called back. My stomach did flip-flops, and my heart raced. This was not happening. It was a dream come true. Me and Zackary Steven Merrick, alone in the city. I think I must have hit my head when I fainted at the sheer sight of him. I must have been looked terrified and shocked, because he worriedly asked me if I was okay and if I needed to lay down, and told me that I didn't have to go with him, it was just a suggestion. I shook my head quickly, "No! Let's go." I said. And I smiled and walked towards the entryway. He looked reassured as he followed me out and down the street into the Texas heatstroke haze. I am one lucky little girl.

We has only gotten to the corner before we stopped to grab a taxi.
"Jesus Christ it's hot outside." he said. "How do you live with this ridiculousness?"
"We don't." I laughed.
The taxi took us to the greatest, most eclectic and exciting streets of the city: South Congress.
From the shops to the restaurants and food trailers, it was all just magical. We went in all the vintage shops and we ate at one of my favorite places, called Guerro's. It was, overall, a really great hour and a half.