Status: Still working on the story, it will be long and evenul, bear with us.

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter 20

Before he could say anything, i connected our lips and pulled him in close. My insides burned as he kissed me back, more passionately than ever. I tightened my body against his and wrapped my arms around his neck. In the parking lot of the IHOP, Zack and I were melting together, and we didn't give a duck who saw.
"I'm so sorry." I whispered, struggling to breathe.
"For what?" He whispered back.
"I need to show you something, but it can't be here." I said after a moments silence.
Zack looked confused, but agreed to go back to the bus with me. When we entered, we found a note that said 'We went out. Don't expect us back soon. Video games with WATIC ftw.' It was signed in Jack's name. At least we wouldn't have to worry about anyone interrupting.
I sat down in the front lounge area, still in my sweats and t-shirt from the night before. Zack looked at me with pleading eyes and sat across from me.
"You're not going to like what I'm going to show you. You're going to be shocked when I've finished explaining. Please promise me that you won't freak out. This doesn't change who I am." I said calmly, looking him straight in the eyes. He nodded and I stood up and pulled off my sweatpants to reveal a multitude of dark scars on my hips and thighs.
"When my mother saw these, she thought I was crazy. She didn't understand why I did this to myself, and still doesn't. She put me in a mental ward for 8 months when I turned 16. I was suicidal and addicted to pain." I paused and took off my t-shirt as well. Underneath the hem of the shirt, and extending all the way up my sides were more dark scars. Big and small. I was so ashamed of my body in that moment, but I couldn't stop here. I had to help him understand. I had to show him. His face was struck with sadness and pity. Tears welled up in my eyes and I continued, " Fat. They called me fat, I called myself fat. I tried cutting the fat out if my body. All that came out was blood. I hated who I was, what I had become. I couldn't make anybody proud, I felt unloved and unwanted and fat. I had nobody, and nobody needed me. Years I was stuck like this. Trapped inside my own mind. Cutting the misery out of my body until one day-" my voice cracked, "-I just couldn't take it a-anymore." I was crying now, as I told the story of how I had tried to kill myself the year before. How I had downed an entire bottle of pills and slit my wrists in the bathtub, hoping nobody would care. His eyes were brimmed with tears now and as I told the last of my story, and explained why I had retaliated when the fan called me a bitch, I collapsed onto my knees in a fit of sobs, covering my face, hoping he couldn't tell how badly I was really crying. He rushed over to me and held me in his arms. I cried into his chest and he held me and told me that everything was alright. We stayed that way for a long time.
Once I had finally settled down, I looked up at Zack's dark green eyes, which were now red and puffy, and I told him something I had never told anyone before.
"Zack, I love you so much."
"I love you too." He said, and he leaned down to kiss me.
We layed on the ground of the bus for a few minutes before Zack broke the silence.
"Why didn't I notice them before?"
"Hm?" I replied, sleepily.
"I have seen you completely undone and not once did I notice a single flaw on that perfect skin."
"I really don't know. I was surprised you didn't say something about them the first night, actually." I replied.
After a few minutes where only quiet breathing filled the air, Zack said, "I think it's because I know you're more than your scars. You're human and you are beautiful. No scar can make you any different than what you are to me right now. You're perfect."
I felt as if an entire world had been lifted off my shoulders.
Just as i was about to respond, someone walked into the bus. I quickly sat up and grabbed the clothes I had scattered on the floor, but it was too late- Alex had already seen everything.
"Oh shit.. Um.. Sorry guys. I'll come back later." He looked about as pink as his hair. Before either Zack or I could respond, Alex bolted out of the bus, slamming the door behind him. I suddenly felt really bad.
"Okay then." Zack said, and we finished picking up and putting my clothes on before we walked out of the door together, hand in hand. Time to go find Alex...
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to update as much as possible. I have some more ideas! Get ready for a bumpy ride. -Cheers!