Status: Still working on the story, it will be long and evenul, bear with us.

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter 5

The white picket fences that ran along the sidewalks, separating the cookie-cutter houses from one another all blurred together as we drove down the main road and into the neighborhood behind the perfect houses. That was no somewhere my mother would allow is to live, even for a second.
"Zack stop!" I practically screamed as we approached my house, and then continued to roll past it, almost hitting the 9 and 10 year old kids that were playing outside.
The he screeched to a halt and I braced myself for the biggest lie of my lifetime. I knew she would find out what I was doing eventually, and she had basically no control over it, but i knew my mother, and I knew she would try to convince me to stay.
My father was a musician and he was always on the road. Although my parents were still together and he has a job and is a big part of my siblings lives right now, I hardly knew the man. It took him 11 years after I was born to sober up and help this family, but by then it was too late. He worked too long for several years after cleaning up for him to ever be home and I was 14 before he really began sticking around. I was already practically grown up, and he wasn't there to watch it. My mother feels like the music scene will do the same thing to me.
I walked up to the porch and yanked open the bright red door.
"Hello!?" I yelled into the emptiness.
"Okay, we'll no one's home so come on in." I motioned for Zack to come inside, entering the house entirely. I walked to he back of the house and opened the door to my make-shift bedroom that my dad and his friends had built me when I was in the 7th grade. The orange and brown color scheme lost its flair after the few months, but I kept it because it reminded me of happier times.
Zack followed quietly behind me, obviously amused at the oddities around the house, and once we entered my bedroom, I grabbed my suitcase from the top of my bookcase and ripped through my drawers and my closet, taking all of my shorts, tanks, bras, underwear and socks, throwing in a sweater and then grabbed a pair of sandals and my vans, knowing that this all would suffice, plus the t-shirt, shorts and faded Toms I as wearing at the moment. I rushed to my bathroom and grabbed my straightener and my toothbrush and makeup bag. I was ready.
I was anxious to leave before my mom got home so I didn't have to make excuses, so I called her to double check that she was far enough away that she wouldn't see the giant black monster-bus leave the neighborhood, with it's narrow streets and dizzying round-a-bouts, it's a wonder we got through it the first time.
When I verified that she was at least 20 minutes away, I looked at Zack, who had patiently been playing on his iPhone, and he glanced up at me. His big puppy-dog eyes peered at me over the top of his phone, making him look vulnerable and incredibly adorable. I set my things down and walked up to him from across the room and he slowly put his phone down on the bedside table. He looked at me with such intensity that it made me weak in the knees. I stopped right in front of him, placed my small hands on his chest and looked up at him. I knew what was going to happen, and I had no doubts that it was the right thing to do. He leaned his head down, i closed my eyes and he put his arms around my waist enveloping me in the most beautiful kiss I had ever experienced. My arms reached up around his neck and I stood in tiptoe as his arms wrapped tightly around my midsection, almost lifting me off the ground. After what seemed like minutes we parted, breathless.
"So...we should put my things on the bus before my mom gets home." I suggested.
"Oh, yeah, the bus. Haha."
It only took a few moments to grab my things and start the bus. We drove out of the neighborhood in silence with only the roaring sound of the bus filling the air.
I called my mom and told her goodbye and it to worry about me, I'd be be home before I had to leave for college. She said that my dad and my siblings loved me very much and to keep them updated. I told her I would, and with that we said our goodbyes and Zack and I pressed onwards for Arizona.