Status: Still working on the story, it will be long and evenul, bear with us.

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter 7

I woke up
stark naked and on top of a beautiful man, who was also completely unclothed. As I recalled the night before I smiled and nestled myself into the warmth of his broad chest and snuggled deeply into the white sheets. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt so peaceful and warm. I never wanted the moment to end.
Just then, my stomach growled at me.
"Shit." I whispered, thinking I was the only one able to hear myself.
"Looks like we've got a girl with an appetite." i heard in my ear.
I looked up at Zack, his big brown eyes were soft and crinkled as he smiled at me, and his curly dark hair was a mess atop his head, as I'm sure mine was as well. His gaze was alluring and I was quickly drawn into a kiss that was warm and soft and left me wanting more.
We both decided to get up and get dressed, and after a few minutes of the most delicious good morning kisses anyone could receive, we walked around the cab of the bus until we could gather all of the clothing that as strewn about in every direction. We walked together to the front end and grabbed the most substantial meal we could find in the empty cabinets, which, again, was mac-n-cheese.
The next show was in two days, and it would only take about 10 hours to get to Tempe, so time was not a huge issue to us, so we talked.... And we talked for hours.
We talked about his house and the town where he grew up, and about his family and the things that he never told anyone else, like the time when he tripped his grandma on accident, but had everyone else, including his grandmother, believe it was the dog that tripped her, and to this day, nobody knew the real story.
I told him about myself; my favourite colour, how many cats I've owned, why I prefer dried fruits over the real thing. I told him about losing my virginity, and he told me about the crazy parties that happened on their last tour. I found him intriguing and vibrant. He wasn't shy around me, like he was around most people. I found that he had more to say than anyone I've ever met in my life, and he was brilliant.
It was nearing 2:30 when we decided to hit the road. We wanted a straight shot to Tempe and it would be an all night drive. We had rested all day, so we would definitely be prepared for the trip ahead.
"You ready? Got everything you want? Need? No stops, no boredom?" he asked me.
"I'm all ready, Freddy!" I laughed in response.
We sat in the front cab; he was taking first driving shift, and I sat, in the passenger seat, ready with a crossword puzzle and a portable DVD player.
Earlier in the day, it was decided that we'd each take 5 hour shifts so that things would be fair.
Of course, I fell asleep for the first 7 hours and Zack, being the caring gentleman he was, didn't wake me up. And I probably would have gone the whole trip without so much as touching the wheel has it not been for the sudden thud and sound of screeching metal on the roadway from beneath our feet.
I jolted awake. "Zack what's going on?" I asked, still half-dazed.
"Shit!!!" Zack hit the breaks and pulled off to the side of the road. We were in the middle of nowhere and had been swerving between the two-way road.
"Zack, what the hell is going on!?" I repeated.
He stopped the car and undid his seatbelt and then swiftly exited the bus without answering my question. He was obviously irked, so I just let him figure out the issue on his own.
"We blew a fucking tire." he reentered the bus after a few minutes, fuming.
"Oh, shit." I replied, not sure what to say or do.
"It's gonna take a while for a mechanic to get out here; I can't change it on my own, and the jack we have isn't the right kind." he replied. "We might be able to push it a few miles up to the nearest gas station, but that's gonna take a lot of work, and it's almost 110 degrees out there."
"No, you're gonna over-exert yourself, and I won't be of much help, seeing as though I don't have much power to offer." I quickly replied. "I think it'd be best just to wait for a mechanic; we don't want to mess it up any more." I read the worried and exasperated look on Zack's face and then added, "Don't worry babe, it's all gonna be fine." I then quickly glanced down. I had accidentally called him babe. I hadn't known this man more than 48 hours and I was already going on a cross-country tour with him, and we had already had sex. On a tour bus. And now I was calling him babe. Who knew what would come next!?
He glanced at me," I guess you're right." he said, and then smiled and leaned down and attempted to kiss my cheek, but before he could reach all the way down, I stood up and we collided heads. Which hurt like hell.
"Ah's", "oh's", and "ow's.." filled the next few moments.
"Jesus Christ I am so sorry.. Are you okay?" I held my hand on my head and looked at him for a reply.
"Me? Yeah I'm fine, are you okay?" he said, concerned, as he came closer and stroked my hair, bringing me into a hug.
He really was the sweetest guy...