Status: Still working on the story, it will be long and evenul, bear with us.

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter 9

A sudden knock at the door of our trailer interrupted my thoughts.
It was the mechanic. He had finally fucking made it. About time too.. We had only a day or so to be in Arizona before the show. Between our 'encounters' Zack and I talked and had decided earlier in the trip that I would be their merch girl for the remainder of the tour. It was a measly task, Zack explained, but little did he know that it was, quite honestly, my dream job.
The mechanic made quick work of fixing our blown tire and soon enough we were back on the road to Arizona. The bus was steaming hot, and the air was dry and dirty when we pulled into the venue. Zack shut the bus off and unbuckled his seatbelt, but instead of getting up immediately, he kept his hands on the steering wheel and stared straight ahead. He took a deep breath and sighed heavily.
"You might want to just go find Tay once we get in. Alex and Jack are gonna have a shitload for me..." He glaces over at me and gave me a sheepish smile.
I leaned in and kissed him on the check, then got up and walked towards the door.
"I'll go in first so they don't give it to you on the spot." I said, and I bounced out of the trailer and walked up the blazing hot sidewalk into the white brick building.
There was nobody in the building from what I could tell at first, so I went towards the stage and jumped up on top of it. WATIC already had their equipment set up so there was either a sound check very soon, or we had missed it.
"Hello!?" I called into the blackness called backstage.
A sudden roar of voices and the sound of multiple footsteps flooded the stage area and I was attacked by about 6 people, of varying sizes, and I ended up on the ground.
"You're alive!!!" Tay yelled in my ear, her arms wrapped around my torso tightly.
"Good now I don't have to beat up Zack.." said Jack coming to give me a hug once Tay let go.
"Speaking of... Where is that little bastard, I need to talk to him." said Alex, jokingly, coming in for a hug as well. "I'm gla you're okay." he whispered in my ear, just soft enough for the two of us to hear. What the fuck was that? I thought to myself for a few moments about the awkward situation that had just occurred and realized that Alex had a thing for me. That's why he always get mad at Zack for being gone too long or for hanging out with me. Not because he was an overprotective leader, but because he didn't want Zack near me. Oh shit this was gonna be one hell of a tour...
I was cut off in mid-thought by the sound of banging doors.
"Zack!" the small crowd of friends turned their attention towards the man at the door and I was left on stage with only my thoughts and an aching for real food. After a few minutes of greetings and socializing, Alex, Jack, Rian and Zack stepped to the side and asked for some privacy. The team obliged and Jordan led Tay, Cameron, Rob and I to the back room for some refreshments. I hoped Zack wouldn't be chastised too badly. This was a really big problem, and I happened to be right in the middle of it.