Another Life

four.

Harry's head quickly shot up as he instantly regretted colliding with another body. He felt a wet patch quickly forming on his white shirt. The girls drink had left her hands and was now all over the front of his shirt. The girl mumbled that she was sorry a few times whilst placing her now empty cup on the table next to them and grabbing some tissues to try and dry his shirt.

"Seriously, don't worry about it," Harry smiled, "It's happened plenty of times before," he added with a laugh. The girl simply smiled back, unsure of whether she should keep the conversation going or whether to just walk away and go home. She wasn't one for parties like this.

"I'm Harry. How come I haven't met you before?" the curly haired boy spoke through the silence of their conversation.

"Uh, I don't, uh, normally come to parties," she stuttered out, thumbing the hem of her dress out of habit.
Harry laughed once again, pouring a drink and offering it to the smaller girl, "What made you come to this one then?"

She shrugged as she took the plastic cup from Harry's hands, "End of school, I guess. I don't have anything to worry about for the next 6 weeks."
"Fair point," he agreed, looking around at the crowded kitchen, "Want to go get some fresh air?" Harry pointed to the door as she agreed and followed him out, “It might dry off my shirt,” he added with a laugh.

"So, I never caught your name," Harry smiled, sitting down on the side of the road and taking another sip of his drink.

The auburn haired girl blushed slightly, amazed at the fact that someone in this damn town wanted to even hold a conversation with her. "Olivia," she smiled over at Harry.

"Olivia," he repeated, "I've always liked that name for some reason."

His comment made Olivia blush more as she brushed her dark fringe out of her face and smiled once again. She couldn't even remember the last time she'd met someone who could actually make her smile within the first 10 minutes.

"What school did you go to, then?" Olivia sparked up a new conversation, shocking herself slightly at how confidently she was talking to him.

"HC Comprehensive," he smiled proudly, referring to the only high school here in Holmes Chapel, "You?"

"Wilmslow High," she mentioned, "I used to live in Wilmslow and so my parents just made me stay there when we moved out here," Olivia explained before he asked. Everyone did when they heard she had to drive half an hour to school every morning.

"Shit," she mumbled straight after checking her phone, "It's nearly midnight, I should be getting back home," she stood up and brushed off the back of her dress from where they were sat on the cold concrete.

"I'll drive you," Harry smiled, pointing over to his black Mustang on the other side of the road.

"No, it's fine," Olivia threw her cup into the bin, "I can just walk."

Harry grabbed her arm as she started to walk off and pulled her back, "Let me drive you. It's the least you can do after spilling your drink all over me," he smiled, now pointing to his still wet t-shirt.


“Oi, wake up,” Harry was pulled away from his slumber by his best friend and band mate, Louis. Letting out a small groan, he rolled over and attempted to fall back asleep before Louis decided to sit on top of him.

It wasn’t until he was fully awake that he thought back to the dream he just awoke from. Why the hell was he having dreams about Olivia Alexander?

“Come on, get up!” Louis bounced up and down on his back with every word he spoke, “We’re meeting up with Tay today and apparently her friends are hot.”
Harry couldn’t see his face, but he could tell Louis would have a smirk on his face right now.

“I kind of can’t get up if you’re sat on me,” he spoke matter-of-factly. At this, Louis quickly jumped off of Harry’s back, giving him a slap on the bum and telling him to hurry up because they were leaving in half an hour.

Image


Olivia was awoken that morning by Andie pulling off her covers and leaving her in only a tank top and a tiny pair of shorts, causing goosebumps to form all over her legs straight away.

“Rise and shine!” Tay called from beside her. Olivia sat up and attempted to grab her duvet back from Andie.

“Andie, did you sleep on the couch again?” Olivia questioned, trying not to laugh at her best friend so early in the morning.

“Maybe...” Andie shrugged with a guilty look on her face, Olivia should probably be annoyed at her but instead it just made her laugh.

Tay shook her head at the two, “I thought you went home last night!”

“I was going to! I just, fell asleep?” the blonde girl shrugged once again.

“We’re gonna make you start paying rent soon,” Tay laughed, throwing a pillow over at her. “Anyway, we’re meeting with Louis and some of his band today, so get up cause we’re leaving in half an hour!”

Olivia groaned at the thought of going out, yesterday was her last day at work for the summer and all she really wanted to do was sleep, not socialize. After deciding on sleeping for the first 15 minutes before they were leaving, Olivia was rushed to get ready when she finally emerged from her bed. Quickly checking the weather on her phone, she realized today was supposed to be one of the hottest days of the year, so Olivia settled on a pair of high waisted shorts and a cream shirt. She also pulled out a pair of wedges and a light brown blazer in case it did get cold. She threw the three items carelessly towards her doorway as she headed into the bathroom.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she noticed the dark circles around her eyes, she was so exhausted from this whole ‘wish’ thing, and it didn’t calm her anymore whenever she realized that anything could happen from now on.

“Olivia, you nearly ready?” Taylor called from the kitchen, the excitement clear in her voice. Olivia called a ‘coming’ after deciding to leave her hair in its natural loose curls. She grabbed her bag, blazer and slipped on her wedges on the way out of her room.

Passing by the kitchen, she saw Andie jump off the counter and throw a blueberry muffin at her whilst Tay was waiting eagerly at the door. Olivia grabbed the muffin and continued on her way to the apartment door with Andie following behind rambling on about her ‘good throwing skills’.

“We both know it was my quick reflexes that made it work,” Olivia scoffed as they reached the elevator.

As the doors opened at ground level, Tay instantly spotted the boy she’d been looking forward to seeing all morning and ran up to give him a hug. Olivia and Andie walked slowly behind, noticing only two other boys were stood behind Tay and the boy she was hugging.

“Guys, this is Louis,” Tay smiled, pulling away from him and looking over at her friends, “And this is Olivia and Andie,” she pointed to each of the girls, introducing them to Louis. The two girls instantly recognized him from the signing at their work a week ago.

“Nice to meet you,” he smiled back pleasantly, engulfing them both in a hug.

“This is Niall and Harry,” Louis introduced, but Olivia stopped listening at the word ‘Harry’. When Tay had told them they were meeting ‘some of his band’, she honestly hoped that didn’t include Harry.

“Olivia, wow,” a familiar voice came from beside her, “I haven’t seen you since like, high school!” Harry exclaimed, moving forwards to give her a hug.

Olivia slowly placed her arms around him and smiled at him unsurely, instantly sending Andie a look as soon as her face was out of Harry’s view. Was this where it was supposed to start? That certainly wasn’t a greeting from someone you used to date. Andie simply shrugged and introduced herself to the boys, mentioning that they were working at their signing.

As Olivia pulled away from Harry’s embrace, she felt her phone vibrating in her blazer pocket. Reaching in to get it, her fingers felt a piece of paper she didn’t remember leaving in there. Pulling it out, she recognized it as the same type of note that was left on her bathroom mirror the night before. She opened up the note and read it a few times, pulling Andie to the side and showing it to her as well.

“It all starts now. Good luck.”
♠ ♠ ♠
havent reread this over from when i wrote it probably about 6 months ago so i hope it's still alright! x