Status: Completed!

To Call My Life My Own

Noah.

“How close are those baguettes to being ready?”

“Taking them out the oven now Dad!” Noah yelled back.

“Let me know when they’re in a loading tray!”

Noah sighed, wiping the sweat from his forehead with his arm. He really didn’t know how his parents could be out the back baking every single day. Sure, he’d only been working out the back of the bakery for three days, but it was torture! Still, it was better than working out front, running the risk of seeing Willem anyone. He just couldn’t right now.

Call his cowardly, call him a wimp, but this was his best choice. He just didn’t want to risk seeing the boy that took his first kiss and didn’t care. No way. Noah had felt bad for leaving Lucy’s apartment without saying goodbye the morning after Willem’s party, but he had to get out of there. He didn’t want her pity and he didn’t want the twins’ interrogations. And he’d been hiding out the back of the bakery ever since.

When Noah had finally finished all the baking he needed to do and when everything was cleaned down, he locked the building up and went home. A nice long bath and a evening of TV with his parents sounded pretty good right now.

“Mom? Dad?” Noah called, shutting the front door behind him.

No response. Huh. Noah frowned slightly, before walking into kitchen, frowning even more when he saw a note on the table.

Good evening Noah,

Hopefully you’ll see this when you get back from work – your father and I have gone out for the evening with Jan and Pete from next door. We probably won’t be back until tomorrow morning so we’ve left money for takeaway on your bed.

Enjoy a peaceful night in!
Mom x


Noah smiled, crumpling the note in his hand and throwing it in the trash, before heading upstairs. Order pizza, have a shower, be comfortable in pyjamas when the food arrives. That sounds like a plan.

*

Noah had just finished drying his hair when the doorbell rang. Fuck, that was fast. Quickly, pulling on a pair of briefs and some pyjama pants, Noah grabbed the money his mom had left him and ran downstairs, and opened the door.

“Hey Noah,”

Willem?!

“W-What are you doing here?” Noah asked nervously.

Seriously, what the hell?! Why did he have to come when Noah was all alone? He didn’t need this right now!

“I need to talk to you. Please?” Willem asked.

Noah was ready to say no and shut the door, but the sadness in Willem’s eyes made him hesitate. Damn it.

“I don’t know,” Noah said softly.

“Please? I hate that we’re not talking because of me being stupid. We need to talk about this, Noah,” Willem insisted.

Noah bit his bottom lip and let Willem into the house, closing the door behind him.

“Thank you,” Willem said.

Noah just stayed silent. This was exactly the situation that Noah wanted to avoid. Why did Willem have to come over?!

“Look, I’m just going to blurt this right out. Alcohol should never be an excuse for anything, but that’s why I did what I did. When I’m drunk I get really impulsive and I think everything is a good idea…”

Noah chewed his bottom lip as his eyes started to sting. Did Willem not actually want him after all?

“…and I really didn’t want to hurt you. The last thing I wanted was to hurt you, because I’ve wanted to kiss you for a really long time,”

Noah’s jaw dropped slightly when he processed what Willem said. He wanted to kiss him? Like, really? Willem wanted him too?

“R-Really? You w-want me like that?” Noah managed to choke.

“More than you can imagine,” Willem nodded.

Noah couldn’t stop the smile that spread over his lips, Willem smiling too. Holy shit. Willem Stone actually wanted him. He wanted Noah, of all people. How long had he been waiting for this?!

“I’m sorry that I treated you so badly. I should never have taken your first kiss like that before walking away and leaving you. You deserve so much more,”

“Why don’t you show me what I deserve?” Noah said shyly.

The corner of Willem’s lips curled into a smirk, making Noah blush.

“You have no idea what your blushing does to me,” Willem purred.

“Show me,” Noah repeated.

Willem smiled softly, cupping Noah’s cheek with a hand before leaning in and pressing their lips together. Noah inhaled sharply through his nose, his hands clutching at Willem’s shirt instinctively. This was way better than he remembered, the softness of Willem’s lips, the heat of his hands, the intensity of his embrace…this definitely made up for the drunken first attempt. Noah made a soft noise as Willem’s other hand held onto his bare waist, his cheeks heating with blush as he remembered how little he was wearing.

Willem smiled into the kiss, knowing what Noah was thinking. All this bare skin was driving him mad and he couldn’t stop himself from exploring the young boy, teasing his tongue past Noah's lips, tracing and tasting the younger boy's tongue. How long had he wanted this for?

Noah broke the kiss, desperately needing to breathe, but Willem just kissed along his jaw and down his neck, his hands pulling their bodies closer, Noah letting out a quiet moan

“Shit, Noah, that moan was so hot,” Willem said breathily into Noah’s ear.

Noah just moaned again, tilting his head back, not being able to help himself. No-one had ever wanted him like this. No-one had ever made him feel like this. No-one had ever…

The doorbell rang.

“My pizza!” Noah yelped.

Willem chuckled as Noah scrambled to the door, flinging it open.

“1 large pepperoni pizza?” the delivery guy announced.

“Yeah, that’s me. Um, keep the change,” Noah said, taking the box.

The delivery guy smiled before leaving, and Noah shut the front door. He took a deep breath before looking over at Willem, who was now leaning against the wall, a smile on his lips.

Wow. Willem was standing in his house while Noah was shirtless. This was like the start of his many fantasies. No, bad Noah.

“Did you want me to go?” Willem asked, standing upright.

Noah shook his head, making Willem smile even wider.

“M-My parents are gone for the night. It’s just m-me here,” Noah admitted.

Willem’s smile turned into a smirk, making Noah shiver slightly, in a good way.

“Well then I most definitely can’t leave you on your own. Who knows what kind of guys will come to the door and kiss you?” Willem teased.

Noah blushed and grabbed his hand, pulling him into the living room. His stomach flipped slightly at how close Willem sat down next to him on the sofa, but he didn’t hesitate to lean into his touch. This was all new to him, but he knew what he wanted. How could he not? Willem was right there.

“Did you want some pizza?” Noah asked.

Was that the kind of thing he was meant to do? Offer food? What were the protocols for having someone over his house that he’d kissed twice and wanted to do more to?

“I already ate dinner, but I’m sure I could have a couple of slices,” Willem nodded, smiling.

Noah chewed his bottom lips briefly, before looking up at Willem.

“Did you want to stay over?” he asked nervously.

Willem raised an eyebrow, making Noah blush.

“I-I didn’t mean like that! I mean, someday maybe but not now! I just…I…”

“Relax, Noah, I knew what you meant. Totally innocent sleepover,”

Noah blushed even more, looking down at his lap.

“Well I’d like it if you’d shared my bed,” Noah mumbled

Willem laughed. “On one condition?”

“What?” Noah asked, confused, looking up at him again.

“I’ll share your bed, if you’ll be my boyfriend,” Willem smiled.

Noah inhaled sharply. Holy shit. Did Willem actually just say that?!

“So?” Willem prompted.

“Yeah. Yeah of course I will,” Noah nodded, eyes wide.

“Thank fuck, that could’ve been really awkward,” Willem grinned.

Noah giggled, batting at Willem’s arm, before grinning too as Willem pulled him even closer to his body, Noah practically sitting in his lap. Not that he minded of course.

“So…what’s the plan for the evening then, boyfriend?” Willem asked.

Noah smiled. Boyfriend he could get used to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

Um, yeah, I'm ending the story there. The other three chapters I had planned were just too wishy-washy and didn't tie off the story nicely.
So yes, this is the end!
Thank you to everyone who read and supported this story in its short but turbulent journey! While this has been a shorter length than a lot of my stories, it was a sweet one, short and sweet, so I'm happy with it :)
I will miss Noah and Willem though!

Please let me know your feedback! I would love to know what you thought of this chapter and what you thought of the story as a whole!

And please go and check out my new original slash which I shall be starting next week!

Again, thank you all. You've all been fabulous.

xo