Body Clock

.04 - Debates With Your Ego

“So you expect me to believe that after life, there comes heaven. That after a journey through some pretty crap times, we go to this ‘heaven’. A world of white robes and wings?” Ryan retaliated.

“Curb your language, Ryan. But no, I personally am not trying to make you believe anything. I’m simply exaplaining how some people view life and death.”

“So what is your view on life and death then, Sir?” he asked quickly.

“It’s not in my job to tell you my personal beliefs.”

“What if I was curious, then you could tell me, right?”

“Ryan, does this have anything to do with Catholic belief?”

“Nope. Now I’m just damn curious.”

“Language!”

“I said damn,” Ryan sighed, “I can think of twenty words far cruder.”

“As much as I would love to hear that, Ryan, now is not the time. Now, in Catholic religion, they believe that the Lord Jesus Christ suffered in pain to cleanse the world of it’s sins. Through doing this, people would be able to reach heaven. Basically he was a path.”

“What about all the bad things that have happened in the past 2,008 years? There’s no messiah paying for their sins. Where do those bastards end up?”

The tutor sighed from the front of the class. He was perched on the edge of his desk, tie loose and Abercrombie blazer flapped open. He ran a hand through his ink black hair, trying to hold back a smile.

“Those who have done wrong will be sent to hell to pay for their bad deeds.”

“Have you ever done any bad deeds, Sir?” he joked, wiggling my eyebrows.

“Don’t wiggle your damn eyebrows, Ross! I’m sure in my time I have done many bad and illegal things, that is part of human life. But I have payed the price of these ‘deeds’ and I have repented,” he paused as the lunch bell rang above our heads. “Lesson over.”

Ryan started to pile his work back into the white religion file. He could feel eyes on his bent head, but decided to wait to find out the owner. He made a show of being extra slow and carefully arranging his possessions. Eventually Ryan was the only person left in the classroom, bar the tutor.

“I’m atheist, if you were wondering,” he announced, as he slung his black messenger bag over his shoulder and walked out the classroom, leaving Ryan alone.

“Oh, snap.”

Ryan stopped packing and sat back on the desk. It was nice to sometimes be alone for a while. He plucked the bug-sunglasses from his bag and put them back on his head. He pulled a small mirror out at the same time and quickly checked himself over. The hair was still perfect, a wipe beneath each eye sorted out the smudged eyeliner, besides that, Ryan looked the same as when he left his house that morning. Behind the mess of his hair, Ryan almost thought he saw someone.

“That was quite a little debate you had going there. You wanna get in that tutors pants or something?”

“The fuck?!” Ryan shrieked, jumping a foot into the air.

“Calm down, love,” the voice said.

A tall black haired boy stepped out from the shadows. He radiated in energy and his chocolate brown eyes twinkled. Ryan choked on his own tongue, it was Mystery Boy.

“Who the hell are you? You don’t go to this school…”

“How’d you know that? I could go to this school and you just not know.”

“I know, because I know everyone. Except you.”

“Brendon, pleased to meet you.”

“What are you, flaming homo?” Ryan asked irritably.

“’Bout to ask the same.”

Ryan stuck his lip out angrily. This new kid was sharp. Possibly sharper than Ryan.

“I don’t like you,” Ryan told Brendon.

“Not sure I’m all too keen on you either, sweetheart.”

Ryan was getting angrier by the minute. Not only was this kid stopping him from going into the sun and eating his salad, he was also down right rude.

“What’s your problem?!” he cried.

“What’s yours?” Brendon replied coolly.

Ryan let out a cry of disgust, threw his hands into the air and stomped out the room.

Outside the classroom, Ryan lent against the wall with a huge grin on his face. He liked this new kid. He was definitely one to watch. The realization hit Ryan, he wanted to know everything about this boy. He wanted to explore every inch of him. The smile on Ryan’s face only wavered slightly, before he grinned wider.

With an ego too large to carry, Ryan sauntered down the hallway and into the yard; knowing perfectly well that there were far too many people out there eager to talk to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm super sorry for taking so long to update. I had major writers block and also lost Word. But I'm on a writing spree at the moment and I'm determined to finish a story.