Status: Almost done~

He's Not My Soldier

Wait

"When is he gonna be here?" Colyn paced, holding the new iPhone 5 and her best friend to her ear.

"I asked you that same question two seconds ago and you didn't know," Alyssa reminded her, her voice ringing wryly through the new technology.

"Those racist assholes,"Colyn fumed, almost savagely. "They're just jealous that we're a world power. I mean, wanting to start a war with us. America! Over a 13-minute video, how stupid. What the hell!" Alyssa made a noise of agreement. "There's nothing, nothing on the news. Ever. What if something else happened in Libya? You know, they never did hunt down those fuckers that burned down the embassy."

Alyssa listened patiently as her friend paced the San Francisco Airport, and heard the noise of plastic hitting metal. "Are you drinking coffee?" There was a huff, but no reply. Of course she was. Colyn certainly was fond of Starbucks fracppuchinos, with triple shots of espresso. No wonder she was so antsy. "Go get yourself a bottle of water."

"But-"

"Do it." There was a pause, the sound of coins dropping, and the sound of Colyn drinking an icy bottle of Aquafina.

"It is important to stay hydrated," she murmured.

Alyssa smiled from her favorite salon, glancing down at her nails and toes drying off in navy blue. "You haven't been blowing up his inbox and voicemail, have you?"

"Nope, juts yours." Alyssa rolled her eyes. "I don't want to interrupt him and his guys or seem overly emotional," Colyn added. Alyssa picked up her iced tea and took a sip. Colyn was a rare case for a woman. Having once looked into the military, she quickly made friends and through those, et many more. Colyn wasn't a slut either- never once slept with any of them, but she loved them all- as friends. And once she decided someone was her friend, they would be for life.

Landon, a young Naval officer, was one of many young men who fell immediately for Colyn's sweet personality and brilliant smile. her constant willingness to talk, worry, and love, clicked right into place with his ideal of the perfect partner. She allowed him to take her out a few times, but after realizing how much he was willing to give her, she cut him off.

Colyn loved Landon, as she did with many others but she would never be in love like he was with her. She was genuinely worried as she waited for him, but it wasn't going to be a romantic, spin-her-around-and-kiss-her reunion.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is part one! Totally unfinished but I haven't decided on exactly where I want the story to go. I might take out the next part I've written and move it to another part of the story, or take it out. I've been watching Revenge and I'd feel so terrible using that as inspiration to twist one of my characters, but I might not be able to help myself.