Status: I can't ever

The Ripper.

Splash Back

The sun came in like a bullet, aimed straight at my eyes. Somehow, even millions of miles away, the sun was the best at sniping. My boots were still soggy from the night before, so I had to let them dry a bit longer.
I opened my curtains all the way, letting sunlight ooze out onto everything in the room. I opened my closet door, grabbing out an already set outfit. The pants were always a bit tricky with the zipper. Somehow I managed to get them stuck, so either my fly would be down all day or I would have to squeeze into them.
My outfit was a simple pair of black skinny jeans and a white tank top. The shoes I wore that day were bright red with black laces. I brushed my hair and pulled it back into a messy bun, and left for the front room.
I jumped down the stairs four at a time, hopping straight onto my couch. My laptop was charging all night on the arm on the sofa, so naturally I took it down and sat it on my lap. My social media site was blaring with notifications from people.
Everything was about the new Jack The Ripper case. It might seem like they're worrying about me, yet they just wonder how he got away with all of these things. It somewhat brought it up to my attention. I couldn't really believe one person could do this.
Maybe I was over thinking this, I mean, why should this concern me?
"Do I smell bacon?" I said out loud.
"Yes, you do. C'mon dumb ass, you don't think I wouldn't make bacon?" I could hear someone shout from the kitchen. "Did you forget you gave your dear old boyfriend keys?"
"God Damn it, Zack, you scared me!" I barged into the kitchen and flung my laptop back onto the couch. I smiled and jumped onto the counter top next to where he was frying himself some food. I snatched a piece of bacon and munched it.
"Hey, Hey, Hey. My bacon," he chuckled softly. "Kidding, help yourself."
"Nah, I just wanted a piece. I'm going to get some coffee soon. I'd like you to come with me, if you could." I pleaded with my puppy dog eyes out.
"I can't, work demands it," he smiled and kissed me softly. "Have a nice day touring the place you've lived in your whole life."
I smiled softly as I hopped into the living room. My messenger bag was soon in my hands, filed with books and my laptop. I slid my hands into my jacket sleeves and headed out the front door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fresh air invaded my nostrils as I walked down the pavement. Why couldn't all days be like this? Nice, fresh, green, and not cold. The sides of the road still showed signs of the melted snow from last night. The puddles reminded me of how I used to be as a child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Le Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Scarlet! Come play with us in the mud!" Silvia yelled form across the playground. She was so innocent, care free.
All I could do was shake your head. The book I was reading under the small ledge was far too interesting for me to set it down to get dirty. I thought about it for a moment though, had I ever jumped in a mud puddle, or a puddle of water at all?
I glanced over at a small puddle of water and smiled.
Splash! Splash
"That's it Scarlet!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Present~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I tapped my foot into the puddles I passed. Oh how I loved the familiar noise. Why couldn't all life be carefree like it used to be? I looked to my right to see a playground with swings.
I plopped myself into a nice swing and pulled out my book. It wasn't very popular, but I loved it. My messenger bag beside me, a book in my hands, and on a swing set. Oh how this felt great.
~~~~~
The snow started up again, softly landing on my hair. I smiled and put my things back into my bag. The snow wasn't falling very hard, in fact, it was barley noticeable.

I smiled as I walked down to the coffee shop. It was just a block or two down the road from the playground. The shop was called "The Shop". It was a bit... odd. Everyone in there was odd, honestly.

The bell of the shop rang as I stepped inside. I recognized a few people off the top. Most of my friends would hang out in here and get onto their blogs or write. I walked up to the man at the counter and ordered some coffee.

"The usual, I expect?" He chuckled softly.

"Of course, Johnathan. Let me...find my money" I stammered out, searching my back pocket for my wallet.

"No need, this one's on the house," Johnathan walked a few feet away to fetch a coffee with cream. "Here you go, ma'am. Have a nice day, Scarlet."

I smiled and nodded. I walked over to my friend, George. He was a bit tall, with short black hair. He had an oddly deep voice, and was a bit of a nerd. He was on Tumblr, which wasn't a big shocker for me.

"On my blog again, Georgy?" I giggled, sitting next to him on the small couch in The Shop.

"Of course, Scarlet, aren't I always?" He spewed out with total sarcasm.

"Oh please, dude. My blog is obvi superior." I spewed right back at him. We carried on our conversation for over an hour or so. Soon enough I had to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok... so I got lost. Not a big deal, you know. I'll just back track." I muttered to myself. I had decided to take a new route home; that didn't work out too well.

My feet didn't want to move anymore, soon enough I parked myself in the nearest alley way and sat. My phone had no bars at the moment, and Johnathan was probably still at work with his phone off. I didn't have anyone else's phone number, either. I'd never been to this part of town, ever.

I laid my head down on my knees, that were now against my chest. Ever so slowly I drifted into sleep, and my body went a bit numb from the cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Note
OH MY GOD IT ISN'T THAT SHORT WHAT IS GOING ON WHAT IS SHARLA DOING.
Well, her back hurts. Oh and SKRILLEX LAUWL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRlHcAhUMY8&feature=related
Just not the first song. I've heard Bangarang all too many times.
please tell me if I put it as third person in some parts by accident god I fail so hard