Status: I can't ever

The Ripper.

Or So You Think

I remembered the night I walked past the T.V's playing the news. Was this article really anything I didn't know? I'd seen the name millions of times, "Jack the Ripper" "Jack the Ripper" "Jack the Ripper." Should I really just be concerned about this one article?

"Hey, Scarlet, are you alright?" Zack whispered over to me, looking confused.

"Uh, Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. I should... get going. You should come with." I got up and stuffed the paper into my bag, unlike my normal routine where I could keep the bag and neat as I possibly could.

Zack and I walked out of The Shop swiftly, or at least I did. My feet felt like they were fluttering inches above the ground. I slowed down just enough so I could hear Zack running to catch up to me.

Once he got to me, he was heaving and panting for breath.

"Sorry... I... you walk... really fast..." He muttered between breaths.

"It's alright. I'm just a bit spooked. You know, cause I'm in college, I'm an art major... I tend to get lost a lot..." I trailed off and scratched the back of my head nervously.

"Don't worry. I'd never let anything happen to you." Zack said before pulling me into a giant hug. We stayed like that until he finally pulled away and held my hand all the way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The house felt safe when I got home. Somewhere no one would dare enter.

I marched up the stairs as fast as I could and stripped almost before I reached the bathroom. Maybe a bath will help me relax. I thought silently.

I let the water run, as I hooked my Ipod up to the radio. I blared my music so loud, that I'm sure Zack could hear it while he was cooking dinner. The bath water was warm; inviting. I dipped my feet in slowly, letting my body adjust slowly.

As soon as my body was engulfed in the water, I sighed softly. I relax every muscle, letting myself drift into some sort of lucid dream.

Wake up. You're asleep.

I shot up. There was no water around me, no light. I was laying in bed, fully clothed. I had shoes on, my jacket, and a beanie. I looked around. Who's there? I tried speaking, but nothing came out.

WHO'S THERE!? Nothing. Nothing came out, I could feel the vibrations of my vocal cords, but nothing came out.
The corridor went on forever, my feet gaining speed with every step. What is this place? It's not my home. I thought to myself. Tears rolled down my cheeks as fear flooded my mind.

Would I be trapped here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shot up from the now cold water.
"Hi, My name is Ronnie. I'm an addict. Daddy shoulda never raised me on Black Sabbath."

I stepped out of the tub, whimpering. Slowly, I put a towel around myself and walked into my bedroom. Zack was folding his clothes and putting them into his drawers.

"Scarlet... what's wrong?" He ran to my side and wrapped an arm around me, "Are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine." My voice was small, almost nonvocal, "I fell asleep... I... was running through a long corridor and... I was scared, Zack."

He rubbed my back and held me until I fell asleep.

~ ~ ~
I woke up in bed, clothed. Zack must have put these on me. Considering they're his. I smiled softly at the thought, his smell still on the overly large T-shirt. He smelled like Axe and my shampoo put together. The smell was very enjoyable, but a bit odd.

I got up slowly, changed my clothes, and headed downstairs. Zack was asleep on the couch, holding the T.V. remote in his hand. I smiled softly, and headed into the kitchen. I got out a tub of ice cream and scooped some out into a bowl. A pair of hand wrapped around my waist and a chin rested on my shoulder.

"Did you sleep well? I hope you like the ice cream. Extreme Moose tracks. Your favourite." Zack kissed me on the cheek, and I smiled.

"I did and thank you for buying the ice cream. I really need it." I smiled softly licking the ice cream covered spoon.

We went to the couch and watched T.V. until I felt willing to do anything. I went upstairs to get dressed, and came down with my bag.

"Scarlet. Another murder... you won't like this." Jon said, sitting next to a spell bound Zack on the couch.

"What's... who was it?" I said, worried.

"it was Auggie."
♠ ♠ ♠
*Note.
I'm not sure if this counts as a chapter, so it's not. It's 6.5