‹ Prequel: Are You Kidding Me?!
Status: Don't fall asleep, guys

Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off

Prologue

"SCARLET! SCARLET! COME BACK HERE!" I shout desperately.

"Coming!" her young voice shouts back. I hear the soft pitter-patter of her footfalls on the ground and sigh as she stops in front of me, head down.

"Sorry, Mama."

"It's alright, baby, just don't wander off, remember? You never know what could happen..."

"I know, it's just that wave was so pretty! I had to go see it!"

"Then you should've asked me and Oliver to come with you."

"But you were already doing something! And it was so pretty!"

"Okay, but next time, come tell me. If you don't, then you'll be in trouble. Okay?"

"Yes, Mommy," she says, head bowed. I sigh and take her small frame in my arms.

"Hey, it's okay. I just don't know what I'd do if I lost you or Oli. Do you understand where I'm coming from?"

She nods into my chest. I take her chin in my hand and look at her.

"Go get your brother and you can go back in the water. But remember--"

"I know, any trouble and I have to get out."

I smile at her. "Good girl," I tell her, patting her cheek once. "Now, go get Oliver."

Scarlet runs off cheerfully to get her twin brother and I sit back, taking a deep breath in. The salty air fills my nostrils with a comforting familiarity. The sea has always calmed me. I can only hope that one day, it can do the same for Oliver and Scarlet.

Ever since they were old enough, I've been bringing them to this private beachhouse that used to be my dad's, hoping that the sea can be for them what it was for me: a safe place.

"Scarlet! Don't you dare!" I scream, running towards the six-year-old with sand in her hand and a mischievous glint in her eye.

Yeah, I think we've created some pretty good memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
Booty