Our Writer Couldn't Think of a Title So We Got Stuck With a Fall Out Boy Pun

Chapter 10

“Thanks for coming here.” Pete told Patrick after the ceremony was finished and the students were allowed to go to their families
“Told you I would, and hey, you are my boyfriend aren’t you? Think I kinda have to go to your graduation right?” In the past two months since Pete had asked Patrick to go to his graduation not a lot has gone by, besides the fact that they actually consider each other boyfriends. Which had been an awkward conversation, even though Gabe hadn’t been there to start it. And to Gabe’s knowledge they hadn’t had sex yet either, but that was mainly because Patrick didn’t want to tell him out of fear of being made fun of and Pete was completely okay with that, because he still got his Patrick and that’s all that matters.
“Yes, and I’m very pleased that I got you to agree to that.” not that it took much but still, he had to like ask and stuff
“So um I got you a little something, but I had to leave it in my car, do you um wanna go get it now or later?” huh that’s odd, why wouldn’t Patrick bring the gift in with him? Maybe it’s really big and cumbersome and he didn’t want to have to carry it.
“Now, now’s good.” Pete said as Patrick took his hand and led him to his car.
When they got there Patrick instructed for Pete to close his eyes and a couple seconds later he opened them to the cutest sight that he has ever seen, it was the sight of Patrick (who already was the most adorable thing in existence) holding a baby bulldog puppy. “so I knew that you um were wanting a dog and I didn’t know what else to get you and Gabe was kinda joking around with the idea of us getting a pet together and I know that we haven’t been together all that long but I figured that it could just be yours and no big deal and um yea.”
“Oh my god I love you!” oh shit what did you just say?
“Oh um yea, iloveyoutoo.” could it be true? Did he say what Pete thinks he did?
“You what?” Pete knew that he was smiling like an idiot but frankly he just didn’t care
“I um I loveyou.” oh my god this is the best day of Pete’s life.
“You love me? Like real proper love me?”
“Well um yea, just I didn’t want to tell you because I was afraid that you didn’t feel the same way so…”
“Patrick, oh goodness wonderful Patrick, I the only reason that I believe in ‘love at first sight’ is because of you, Patrick, I’ve loved you for a very long time and I didn’t want to scare you away so I just didn’t tell you.”
“Oh…so Gabe was right.”
“Yea, I guess you’re right huh?”
“Yes, now lets go enjoy the rest of your celebration, Dr. Wentz. But what should we do with the dog?” He said motioning to the squirming puppy that he had since set down “and what do you plan on naming him?”
“I was thinking Hemingway, if that’s okay with you, ’s half yours by the way.”
“Whatever you want dude, ‘s your present.”
“Then Hemingway it is! You like that name boy?” the dog barked happily, which Pete took as an affirmative.

“We should probably take him out and have him go to the bathroom and stuff, he’s been in the car for a while.”
“and we can go introduce him to my family!”
“Okay Pete what ever you want.”
^^^^^^
“So how long have you loved me?” Pete asked later that night after he’d gotten the rest of his…present.
“Iunno, a while I guess, was building up for a bit and then just one day I saw you with a patient and I noticed that hey, I kinda really love him. Just figured that it was too early in the relationship and that you’d freak out so I just kept it to myself.”
“God I’m never letting you go, because we think the exact same way, you’re mine forever.”
“…okay then, I guess I’m okay with that.”
“Good, so when’s the wedding” And then he hugged Patrick and fell asleep with a smile on his face
“Few years Pete, you have to get me a ring first.”
“Will do.”
Definitely the best day ever
^^^^^^
Epilogue
Today was the day. Today was going to be the best day ever because Pete was finally going to marry Patrick. After dating for five years they were finally here, finally able to get married and start a family.
Pete had proposed. Not that anyone expected anything different, they all knew his plan of going up to Canada to get married and then to adopt from Africa. So when the news reached their families and friends that they were engaged they all knew that Pete had been the one to do the deed. He’d asked him countless times, the first being the night Pete graduated but Patrick always just blushed and laughed it off. So Pete decided to get a little bit more serious, he actually got Patrick a nice ring and took him out for a picnic. It was a beautiful spring day, Pete couldn’t’ve asked for any better, and they ate their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which Pete made himself, and just enjoyed each other’s company. Then, when Pete couldn’t take it any longer, he got down on one knee and asked an astonished Patrick to marry him. Patrick was so in shock it took him a second to grasp just exactly what was going on, but when he did he had a giant smile on his face and stuttered out a yes, definitely one of the best days of Pete’s life.
But that was a year and a half ago, and today was finally the day that he was going to make Patrick his forever. He turned to corner and there Patrick was, at the end of the aisle just looking amazing, wearing a black tux with a light yellow shirt under, per Pete’s request. Looking down at his shoes Pete saw his own light yellow tux with his white shirt, this is exactly as Pete imagined them looking, and everything was perfect. Looking to the left of Patrick Pete saw Gabe, who had just insisted on marrying them, but Pete wouldn’t have it any other way. Patrick walked towards him to hook his arm in Pete’s and whispered to him “can’t believe this is happening.”
“Me neither, I’ve been dreaming about this for so long I can’t believe that it’s finally here.”
“Well if you two love birds are done, I’d like to get on the the marrying part of today.” Gabe interjected “We are all gathered here today to witness the union of Patrick Vaughn Stump and Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III, Patrick are you sure you want to marry someone with a name like that? Because it’s kinda snobby.” the audience chuckled
“Gabe you said you wouldn’t say anything like that during the ceremony.”
“Sorry, just making sure, but since you’re already talking, Patrick would you like to give your vows first?”
“Um okay, Pete, when I first formally met you I didn’t know what to think. You were this guy that seemed to think too much of me and acted like I was the greatest thing ever, not that anything’s changed. You are always so sure of yourself and me and I’ve been happier with you over these past five years than I was all my life up to that point. I vow to love you everyday of my life no matter how much of an idiot you act like or how much you annoy me, because you’re well mine. I promise to be as good as a husband as I can be and to always be faithful and kind. I vow to do all these things and more because I love you and I never want you to leave me.”
“Aw that was nice, now Pete, it’s your turn.”
“Patrick, from the first time I saw you, all those years ago I knew that you were something special, I knew that I needed you in my life in some way. But it wasn’t until the first time that I actually talked to you, that day when you were flustered and grumpy, that I knew that you were the one for me, that was the day that I truly fell in love with you. Because even though I know that you don’t believe in love at first sight or any of that stuff, I do, and that’s because I met you. I promise to always provide for you and our family in every possible way, to spoil you more then you think you deserve, because I know that that’s not enough. To always be there as a shoulder to cry on or even a voice of reason if that’s what you need. To take care of you when you’re sick and never forget our anniversary or your birthday. I say all these things because you deserve better than me but you still settled and I can never repay you for that. For everything that you’ve done for me and because I love you more than words can say.”
“Beautiful, now if anyone objects to this marriage I suggest that you leave because I’ve never seen a more perfect couple in my life.” there was silence “Good, now if I may have the rings.”
Evie walked up to to Gabe and said “Here you go Papa.” Gabe and William were still engaged to get married but either way Evie considered Gabe her other dad
“Thank you Evie” he turned to Patrick “Now Patrick, do you take Pete to be your lawfully wedded husband?”
“I-I do.”
“Thank god” He addressed Pete “And Pete, do you take Patrick to be your lawfully wedded husband?”
“I do.” Felt good to finally say those words
“Figures, now I announce you two as husbands. Pete, you may kiss your groom.” And he did, he grabbed Patrick’s face and smiled quickly before pulling him in for the most amazing kiss of his life.
^^^^^^
They never went on a honeymoon, neither of them were big on traveling so they both just took two weeks off and stayed at home and had the best time of their lives, filled with lots of kisses and not a lot of clothing. Two years later they adopted a little boy from Russia, because they were unable to get any kids from Africa, but Pete didn’t care, as soon as he saw his little baby, Knox he was absolutely elated and he couldn’t have asked for a more perfect baby. Three years after that they adopted a little girl, Maggie from the same family. They had their hands full but they couldn’t be happier. Though they fought from time to time and sometimes they wouldn’t be getting to bed until five and be woken up at six by the kids they wouldn’t have it any other way

End