Our Writer Couldn't Think of a Title So We Got Stuck With a Fall Out Boy Pun

Chapter 2

“Hey do you remember that guy that I told you about?” Patrick asked Gabe, who worked in the ER, as he slid into their booth during lunch.
“Which one, you’ve told me about a lot of guys”
“The one I went to high school with that I might’ve had a crush on?”
“Oh yea, Pete something right?”
“Yea, Pete Wentz, anyways he’s interning here now and I’m kinda in charge of him so he’s probably going to sit with us so just be cool okay?”
“Dude you sound like you’re fifteen but okay” Gabe said just as Pete walked over to their booth and motioned for Patrick to scoot over.
“Hey guys, what’s up?” Pete asked
“Uh Pete this is my friend, Gabe. Gabe this is my new intern Pete.” Patrick said motioning between the two
“Hello Pete, it’s nice to meet you” Gabe said, sticking out his hand for Pete to shake
“Oh um yea hi, it’s nice to meet you too” said Pete taking Gabe’s hand.
“So Pete, what got you interested in practicing medicine?”
“I dunno, I’d always liked medical shows as a kid and liked anatomy in school and my parents said I’d be good at it so I just kinda decided to become a doctor.” Pete offhandedly said with a shrug.
“Good good nice…” The air was getting more awkward by the minute with lack of things to talk about. “hey Pete do you like boys?” Gabe said causing Patrick to choke on his food and Gabe a foot in his shin.
Turning to Pete Patrick said, “I’m sorry about him, you don’t have to answer that if you don’t want to, it’s really none of our business.”
“No it’s fine” Pete said turning back to Gabe “I’m bisexual, what about you, Patrick?”
“Oh um I’m straight” Patrick mumbled
“You liar” Gabe really wasn’t being a good friend right now, maybe Patrick will have to go find a new one. “what about that one boy you liked in high school?”
“A hormonal teenage crush barely credits me as bisexual.”
“You liked a boy in high school? Do I know him?”
“Oh um probably not, I don’t even remember his name” Patrick said as his cheeks turned bright red and he started plotting how he’d kill Gabe.
“oh...that’s too bad…” Pete said, and he genuinely looked sad that Patrick couldn’t remember.
“Yea isn’t that just terrible, Patrick?” Gabe said with mock-sadness
“Yes”
Turning to Patrick Pete said, “Hey you ready to go?”
“Yea, almost, I’ll meet you up in my office in a minute, ‘kay?”
“Okay” Pete said, grabbing his trash and turning to throw it away before it went up to Patrick’s office
“I hate you so much” Patrick said after turning back to Gabe “why would you tell him that! Now he’s going to think that I don’t trust him and it’s going to be awkward!”
“Because you’re face was priceless, and why do you care it’s not like you still like him or anything right? Wait you totally still like him don’t you!” Gabe practically yelled
“Why don’t you go yell that from the rooftops huh? Shut up, it’s no big deal, ‘s not like I plan on doing anything about it.” There’s no way, seriously, just no.
“Why not? He totally seemed into you.” apparently Gabe needs glasses
“Because he doesn’t and it’d be weird and I just rather not.”
“Okay, I was just trying to help you find your soul mate but if you rather I not I won’t”
“He’s not my soulmate, he’s just a guy that I find sort of attractive that I’m in charge of”
“If you say so, you can believe what ever you want to believe”
“Okay I really need to get back to him, and my job. But next time we sit with you don’t mention this okay? I just want to be Pete’s friend you got that?”
“Fine yea what ever you say, it’ll sound great in my best man speech at you guys’ wedding”
“I hate you.” Patrick said as he walked to the elevator.
“I’ll remember that!”

^^^^^^

“I’m so sorry about Gabe” Patrick said to Pete as he walked into his office and closed the door “he doesn’t really understand the meaning of personal boundaries”
“Oh it’s okay I’m used to things like that, but you honestly don’t remember the name of the guy you liked in high school? I would think that someone with a memory like yours would be good at remembering little things like that”
“Yea it wasn’t that big of a deal, it was just a small crush, not like I thought we were going to be soul mates or anything, I never really planned on telling him.”
“So you remember that you didn’t want to tell him but not what his name was? That’s kinda strange.” Damnit, why did Pete have to be smart? “you remember his name, don’t you? You just don’t want to tell me which means that it was like a teacher or something or you think I’ll get weirded out, so which is it?”
“Fine, it was out Trig teacher.” Patrick quickly lied
“Our Trig teacher was a girl, who did you like Patrick?”
“Why do you care so much anyways? It’s not a big deal”
“Because I li-” Pete got cut off by the ringing phone.
“Dr. Stump? You’re needed down in the clinic pronto” said the voice of one of the nurses stationed at the front desk.
“C’mon, well continue this later.” Patrick said leading them out the door and back down to the clinic.