Our Writer Couldn't Think of a Title So We Got Stuck With a Fall Out Boy Pun

Chapter 3

The following two weeks went much the same as the first day had, they actually got a few easy cases, which was nice. It’ll be nicer once the hospital trusts him with bigger and harder ones, but he’s still a new doctor so he understands. Lunch with Gabe was as awkward as ever because he was still determined as ever to get the two of them together, despite Patrick’s many warnings not to. Pete and Patrick never really did get to finis their conversation that got interrupted a few weeks back, but he did make the mistake of telling Gabe about it.
“wait so you talked about it?” Was Gabe’s response when they were having their first Pete-free lunch in weeks, he’d called in sick and while the guy was awesome, it was nice to have some time with just Gabe.
“Started to, we got interrupted by one of the nurses down at the clinic. I told him we’d talk about it later but we never got around to it, ‘s not like it’s a big deal or anything…” it really wasn’t, because despite what Gabe thought he didn’t really want to date Pete
“It’s not a big deal? It’s not a big deal? Dude! What if he was going to proclaim his undying love to you and you just brushed it off and now when ever you’re not looking he’s staring longingly at you and just wishing that you’d ask him about the conversation and it just got so bad that now he’s sitting at home crying and he had to call in sick today because he just couldn’t handle being around you any longer without just pushing you up against a wall and fucking your brains out?”
“Gabe, is there someone that you want to tell me about?”
“Okay so you probably won’t have any idea of who I’m talking about but, did you happen to see a really gorgeous guy with this really adorable girl that had a rash on Pete’s first day? I think her name was Ivy or something”
“Evie? Her name’s Genevieve and her dad’s name is William, I think, we treated her on that day.”
“Oh!” Gabe’s face lit up with excitement “So you do know who I’m talking about, well I saw him on their way out and I wanted to go up to him to say something ‘cause he was just amazing looking and he looked all adorable with his little girl so I tried to think of a good reason to go talk to him and just as I thought ‘Fuck it he’s perfect, I’ll just go ask him out’ stupid Dr. Cameron asked me to do something and hot guy William got away!”
“Wait if this was two weeks ago why are you still having issues with it?” Gabe has the attention span of a three year old, so usually he doesn’t care too much about hot guys that he gets a glimpse of on the way out of the hospital.
“Because I found this really awesome bar last week and guess who the bartender is?”
“William?”
“Yea! and we kinda kinda flirt and stuff but I don’t even know if he’s into me and he has a kid so I don’t know if he’s dating right now and did I mention that he’s really super good looking and nice and perfect and god, why can’t he just ask me out?”
“Just ask him out, say that you totally get it if he isn’t dating now or whatever but you’d really like to just take him out for coffee or whatever and see what he says.”
“But what if he says no?” God when did they turn into teenage girls?
“Then you’re never going to be loved and will die alone. Iunno, why do you care so much? It’s just one guy, you’ve asked out more guys than I have time to count, you know what to do and I don’t see why this is such a big deal.”
“Because he’s perfect you just don’t understand Patrick! It’d be like you asking out Pete and him saying no and then you’d still have to work with him everyday, it’d just be terrible.”
“Minus the fact that you’re convinced that Pete would never say no and I have no plans on asking him out.” Maybe one day Gabe’ll get that through his head
“I’ll ask out William if you’ll talk to Pete about that thing.”
“What if I don’t care about if you ask William enough to ask out Pete?”
“Then I’ll just ask Pete about it tomorrow” Gabe said with an evil smirk on his face
“Why would you do that? Why do you care so much? ‘s not like it concerns you or anything so I don’t see what the big deal is.”
“The ‘big deal’ is all the fucking sexual tension between you two and it’s just getting ridiculous! And I just have to sit here and try to ignore it and it’s getting really annoying and I want it to stop, because if you haven’t noticed, which you probably haven’t, you two are kinda perfect for each other you need to just like fuck in a patients’ room or something and get it over with because there’s probably betting pools about the two of you!”
“Wow Gabe you really need to get laid”
“I just gave you that whole big speech about how you need to ask Pete out right the fuck now and that’s what you took away from it?”
“Yea, because I don’t need to ask to ask Pete out, you just want me to and there isn’t any sexual tension, that’s just you needing to get laid by William or whatever, but if it’ll make you shut up I’ll talk to him about it tomorrow morning and then you can ask William out tonight and tell me all about it in the morning.” Correction, they’re middle school girls.
“You promise that you’re just not saying that just to get me off your back and to force me to ask William out? Because I’ll totally kill you if you are.”
“Yea whatever, and if I don’t talk to him by tomorrow you can give him that big long embarrassing speech about sexual tension and fucking in the patients’ room that you gave me” God just the thought of that makes his cheeks heat up and wish that the floor open up and swallow him.
Gabe sat thinking over Patrick’s proposition “sounds like a plan, I’ll ask William out on a date tonight and you can rid yourself of the very evident sexual tension in the morning”
“It can’t be very evident if it’s nonexistent” Patrick said as he grabbed his empty tray and went to throw it away.
“Just because you and Pete can’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist!” Gabe yelled across the room, causing many people to look over at them.
“Yes it does!”
Tomorrow morning will be...interesting