Our Writer Couldn't Think of a Title So We Got Stuck With a Fall Out Boy Pun

Chapter 4

Today is the day. Today is the first day of Pete’s internship that will hopefully land him a job beside Dr. Patrick Stump, who, in his opinion, was the greatest doctor to ever live. Pete had gone to high school with Patrick for a little while, and even had some of the same classes, but he never got up the nerve to talk to him. Over the years he’d kinda been...keeping tabs on Patrick, just y’know seeing what he’s up to and stuff, which is how he had found out that the hospital that Patrick worked at was doing an internship so of course he had to apply. Not that he was getting his hopes up on being able to work with Patrick. Because he knew that it was an incredibly long shot and he really didn’t want to get his hopes up.
“Um Mr. Wentz? You with me? I just need you to sign this and then you’ll be all set to start you internship here.” said the lovely nurse that had been assisting him, pulling him out of his inner monologue.
“Oh yes, um thank you, do you have any idea of who I’ll be interning under?”
“Oh um it doesn’t say.” She said lifting up the form just to make sure.
“Hey Penny” Pete whipped his head around at the voice of an angel, more commonly known as Dr. Patrick but still…
“Hey Dr. Stump, because you don’t have a case right now can you do a giant favor for me?” said Nurse Penny, quickly making all of Pete’s dreams come true.
“That depends on the favor.”
“Well we have a new intern here, Pete”
“Hi”
“...right and we forgot to put down a doctor for him to give him a tour and intern under and I figured since you’re nice and know your way around and you’ve yet to have an intern, you could take care of Pete.” wow, way to make him sound like a five year old.
“Well…”
“Great! Pete, this is Dr. Patrick Stump you answer to him from now on.” this might be the best day of Pete’s life.
“Oh um okay, hi Pete I’m Patrick, but you already knew that” the wonderful angel said holding out his hand for Pete to shake, which of corse he took because it’s Patrick.
“‘s nice to meet you.” even though they technically have met before there was no guarantee that Patrick remembered him so it’d be best to just go along with it, and just be cool and stuff”

^^^^^^

Patrick was just as nice as he remembered, if not more so now. Despite all the various awards given to him over the years because of his intelligence he was still very down to earth and nice. They’d gone on a tour of the hospital and Pete was even able to actually pay attention to what Patrick was saying at some places, instead of just staring at various parts of him, mainly his ass, thighs, and lips. But somehow he managed to magically remember where the cafeteria was in order to full fill the job of getting the angel his coffee and remembering where his office is. Doing the knocking and walking in thing that he had told his mother not to do countless times he entered into Patrick’s office
“Hey um Dr. Stump? I got your coffee”
“Ah yes thank you um…” wait did he really not remember Pete’s name? Did Pete really expect him to remember?
“Oh it’s Pete”
“Thank you Pete, and please call me Patrick, Dr. Stump makes me sound far greater than I really am” What is he talking about he’s the most amazing and greatest and perfect person to ever live.
“What are you talking about? You’re amazing, you’re like the youngest doctor ever” way to stay cool Wentz
“Well I um, I mean you’re right, I just kind of forget. And thank you”
“What do you mean you forget? If I was as amazing as you I would never forget that I became a doctor when I was twenty, I mean seriously I think you’re really cool” you’re going to freak him out, just shut up now
“Y-you do? How do you know all these things about me anyways?” shit, now you’ve done it Pete
“Oh well I um it’s just-it’s not important”
“No I want to know, unless you’re like a stalker or something I won’t have any issues with it” then you’ll probably have issues with it.
“We um went to the same high school for a little while and I thought you seemed cool, we shared a few classes once you got to my grade but we never really talked but um once you graduated I still kinda kept tabs on you, I never like intentionally looked you up or anything but if I happened to um see something about you I’d read it.” wow now he’s going to file for a restraining order against you and you’ll never be able to marry him
“Oh hey yea I kinda recognize you” All is good in the world again! Patrick Stump remembers him from high school!
“Really!” and now you sound like a teenage girl after her idol tells her that he likes her name “because that’s cool, we weren’t in the same grade for that long, just a few months”
“Um yea, what classes again?”
“Uh Trig and English Junior year?”
“Oh yea! I remember you, Wentz right?” Praise the lord!
“Yea! I didn’t think you’d recognize me”
“Of course I did, I thought you were-” what? what? “I thought you looked like a cool dude, I wish we could’ve gotten to know each other better.”
“Yea me too, but hey we get to hang out now right?” good way to make a comeback Wentz, you are now the epitome of coolness.
“Yea…so hey why did you sign up for this internship anyways, it says that you have enough credits to graduate and usually that’s why students take the class.” Because you’re super attractive and I wanted to get to know you better and have you fall in love with me and then we could go to Canada and get married and then adopt four babies from Africa,
“It seemed like a cool idea, and who knows, maybe I could get a job here when the internship is done.”
“Don’t you have classes to study for though? In med school taking extra things like this would’ve been the farthest thing from my mind if I didn’t need credits”
“Well then I guess I’m just a better doctor than you.” Pete said teasingly
“You’re not a doctor” reminded Patrick
“Yet” Pete reminded him with a smirk on his face. “so...do you just sit around and do nothing all day or are we actually going to get to do doctor-y things?”
“Oh yes we will, I don’t currently have a case so we get the pleasure of going down to do clinic hours” Patrick said sarcastically, clearly the angel didn’t enjoy clinic duty
“Wonderful”
“Yea I know, oh the life of a doctor.” Patrick said as they started down the hall to the elevator “so, how old are you Pete?”
“Twenty-six, why do you ask?”
“Iunno, just making small talk I guess and you know my age so it’d only seem fair that I know yours”
“You going to quiz me on everything that I know about you just so you can find out the same things about me?”
“Do you try to sound this creepy or is it completely natural?” Oh god he thinks you’re creepy, play it cool Wentz. Play. It. Cool.
“Completely natural”