Our Writer Couldn't Think of a Title So We Got Stuck With a Fall Out Boy Pun

Chapter 8

“Soo how’d your date go?” said Gabe mockingly over the phone when Patrick called him the following morning.
“It was very nice, Pete was a perfect gentleman and paid and opened the doors for me and was just amazing over all.”
“Dude you so like him big time.”
“Do not”
“You two going out again?”
“…yea, but I don’t see how that proves that I ‘like him big time’”
“Who asked who out?”
“I asked him, kinda. He mentioned not being able to go to Coldstone very often because it costs too much money and I told him that he should’ve let me pitch in and he mentioned that he asked me out so he was going to pay so I said that I would pay next time because I just assumed that we’d be going out again and yea. He said yes though.”
“Yup, you’re totally stuck with him for at least a year.”
“A year?” that was oddly specific
“Well yea, a normal person that didn’t totally like a person big time would’ve just said yea and not gone into full detail with a stupid smile on their face”
“You don’t know that I have a stupid smile on my face.” he does but Gabe shouldn’t know that
“But I do, I could tell by your tone of voice that you have an incredibly stupid smile on your face, it’s one of the perks of knowing you for so long. But that’s besides the point, you really like him, he really likes you, you’re cute together and I was totally right about you two. So did you put out?”
“No Gabe, we did not have sex. We kissed at my doorstep at the end of the date but that’s it. He didn’t even try to get into my pants.”
“Oh he does sound like a perfect gentleman. He’ll end up fucking you in a patients room by the end of the month tops.”
“What the heck Gabe? Why can’t we just take it slow and not have sex within the first two weeks of dating?”
“Because despite what you think, there actually is a lot of sexual tension between you two and I see the way he looks at you, he tooootally wants your ass.”
“No you’re wrong. We talked about how you think there’s sexual tension between us and he agreed that you only thought that because you haven’t been laid in a while.”
“Yea, great thing to talk about on your date. Just please tell me that you didn’t bring up the fact that I’m pretty sure that he’s in love with you.” there was a pause because it wasn’t like Patrick could lie to his friend “seriously dude? You seriously brought it up? What did you say to him?”
“Well I just mentioned that there’s no way that he could love me because he barely knows me and I don’t believe at love at fist sight and he just mentioned that we’ve known each other for ten years so I just reminded him that I was eleven and we never really talked so it doesn’t count.”
“Patrick? He’s so in love with you, I can’t believe that you can’t see it.”
“I can’t see it because there’s nothing to see. I really don’t know why you’re so hung up on this, shouldn’t you be freaking out about your date with William tomorrow?”
“Hey I’m a master at wooing cute boys, I have nothing to worry about. You on the other hand are in denial about the fact that a perfectly nice, good looking, smart guy loves you and that’s kinda weird.”
“Gabe just shut up, he’s not in love with me so just drop it.”
“Jeez no need to get so damn defensive, I’m just joking around.”
“Yea well it doesn’t sound like it.” Patrick said as he ended the call. Pete didn’t love him and that was that and Patrick didn’t see why Gabe was so convinced that he did. Maybe Gabe was just blind and didn’t get that people didn’t tend to even really fancy Patrick, let alone want to date him or be able to fall in love with him. But Patrick shouldn’t be worrying about that now, it’s Saturday, he should be relaxing and thinking non-stressful thoughts.

^^^^^^

“So did you woo him into wanting to drive off into the sunset and get married yet?” Mikey said after barging into Pete’s house uninvited.
“Not yet, it was only the first date, give me time. But he did mention wanting to go out again and he was all adorable and shy and awkward about it when he thought I didn’t want to, god I love him.” Shit please, for the love of all good things in the world please make it so that Mikey didn’t hear him say that.
“Wait you love him?” thanks universe
“Well um yea I think so? I mean I don’t really think there’s um anyone else I want to um spend my life with and damnit Mikey I want to adopt little African babies with him, is it really that surprising to hear that I love him?”
“Well no, not really but are you sure? I mean up until two weeks ago you’d never even talked to the guy and now you’re saying you love him? Maybe it’s just that you think he’s really adorable or whatever it is you call him.”
“Adorable, perfect, precious angel, the list goes on and on. But yea I’m sure, not that he’d believe it because he doesn’t believe in love at first sight or that I could love him so I’m still good for a few months. Though his friend, Gabe thinks I love Patrick but Patrick just thinks that he’s an idiot and really just doesn’t believe him, so I have nothing to worry about.”
“Wait so you don’t want him to know that you love him?”
“Well I do, but not right now, I feel like if I tell him now he’ll freak and think that I’m stalking him or something. Which wouldn’t go according to plan and is kinda a bad thing to happen. I rather wait until it seems like a more normal thing, so a few months at least.”
“What if he asks you about it?” Mikey questioned “would you be able to lie to him or would you tell him the truth?”
“Depends, hopefully he won’t ask me about it anytime soon so that when he does ask me it won’t seem so creepy.”
“But what if he asks you about it on Monday?”
“I dunno what I would do, I would really rather not lie to him but I don’t really know what to tell him that won’t make me sound like a creep.” Oh god he better not ask on Monday
“You could always divert his attention, ask him why he’s wondering and then just role with it, then you wouldn’t be lying to him but you wouldn’t be confessing that you love the dude after only knowing him for two weeks.”
“Yea, that’s a good idea, thanks Mikey.”
“I know I know.”
^^^^^^
“Hey Pete, can I talk to you for a sec?” Gabe said as Pete walked towards the elevator, intent on getting to Patrick’s office on time.
“Oh um sure, what about?”
“Do you love Patrick? Like super proper love?” Oh god this can’t be happening
“Uuum…” shit shit shit shit
“Don’t worry even if I were to tell him, not that I will, he wouldn’t believe me.”
“Um yea kinda I guess. I mean yes, I love him very much and I have no intention of letting him go if it was up to me. He’s kinda stuck with me forever, if he wants to be.” great now you sound like an idiot
“That’s good, as long as you don’t hurt him or anything because then I’ll be forced to kill you, and I rather not go to jail.”
“Gaaabe, why would you be killing my boy-I mean Pete?” inquired Patrick as he overheard him on the way to his office. He looked all cute and flustered again, must’ve been running late again. Wait did he say boy, as in like boyfriend, wait does Patrick consider me his boyfriend?
“Oh no reason, just giving him the ol’ big brother dating death threat.”
“But we’re not really dating…” oh…he must not’ve
“Have you two been on a date?”
“…yea”
“Are you planning on going on another one?”
“Yea” aw he’s cute even when he’s acting freaked out by Gabe, how does he do that?
“Would you be mad if Pete went on a date with someone else?” why would I when I can go on one with Patrick?
“Well um yea, maybe a little bit, but um he can if he wants to, ‘s not up to me…”
“Just a little bit? C’mon Patrick, you can do better than that.”
“Fine, it it’ll make you shut up.” he said as turned to Pete but instead choosing to look at his shoes “Pete, I rather you didn’t go out with anyone else.” he mumbled
“Oh, I wasn’t planning to but okay, I won’t if you won’t so I don’t think we have anything to worry about.” Patrick looked up at him and smiled the most amazing smile that Pete had ever seen.
“That’s good.”
“Okay how ‘bout you two continue making cow eyes, or go have sex or what ever up in Patrick’s office and I’ll go back to my job.” Gabe said as he promptly left.
“Gaaaabe! I told you not to say that anymore!”
Pete leaned in and whispered in his ear “Don’t worry about him, we don’t have to do anything until you’re good and ready.”
“Thank you.” Patrick whispered back. Pete then grabbed Patrick’s hand and squeezed it as he led him up to his office.