Our Writer Couldn't Think of a Title So We Got Stuck With a Fall Out Boy Pun

Chapter 9

“God why do I keep feeling like I have to apologize for Gabe?” Patrick said, his face was red and he seemed like he was going to get really mad really soon, it was kinda adorable
“You don’t, I’m used to it by now.”
“I just can’t believe the things he says! It’s like he doesn’t get that some people don’t like to share every fragment of their lives like he does but he still goes off and shares it with other people anyways and it’s really just really inconsiderate and mean and god why the fuck am I friends with him?” wow Patrick’s kinda hot when he cusses
“Hey it’s okay, there’s no need to get all worked up over one little thing, he’s gone now. Just take a deep breath.” and come cuddle with me
“But it’s not just this ‘one little thing’! Ever since I mentioned you to him he’s been mocking me about it and it’s really annoying and I just want him to stop because I’m a big boy, I know how to date and I don’t need him telling me what to do and I’m just really tiered of it.” okay Patrick was really hot when he’s mad.
“I get that you’re mad at him, but he means well and he’s just trying to help, so you can’t get mad over it because it’s not worth it.” Pete said, pulling him in for a hug, because Patrick hugs just seem like the best thing ever. (he was right, they totally are)
“He still thinks you love me, even though I told him that’s not possible yet.” Patrick said into his shoulder
“I know, I was talking to him earlier.”
Patrick pulled away so that he could look at Pete “What did he say?”
“He just asked me if I loved you and stuff, not that he let me answer or anything. He was to busy talking and I rather not interrupt him so I just let him ramble on and on until he ended up threatening to kill me if I hurt you and that’s where you came in.” and yea, lets not bring up the me loving you thing, rather not talk about that.
“Oh, yea, he kinda does that at times. Doesn’t really get that I actually already have an older brother and I don’t need him to act like one but as long as you’re not like permanently scarred or anything I don’t think I’ll have to kill him.” Can he just hug Patrick 24/7? Because this is the best thing ever. But because all good things come to an end Patrick starts to pull away and return to his desk. “I’m sorry about venting like that to you, it’s not your place to have to deal with that.”
“Patrick, I’m happy to ‘deal with that’ and anything else you have issues with because I’d really rather our relationship wasn’t just professional. I mean by Gabe’s standards we are dating right?”
“Well yea, but I try to not freak out the people that I’m ‘dating’ when we haven’t even gone out on a second date yet.”
“Well if you count all those times we’ve ate lunch together dates then we’ve been on like eleven dates in which case it’s totally okay to vent about your best friend to me.” Pretty sure eleven dates is also an appropriate time to say I love you too.
“Good point, and if that’s the case, it makes perfect sense for Gabe to be bugging you about loving me, eleven dates is considered normal to say ‘I love you’ right?”
“Heh heh yea, I think so.” Change the conversation change it! “So how do you think Gabe’s date with the unfortuneate William went?”
“Iunno, we should ask him.” so they did
^^^^^^
“So how was your date with William last night?” Patrick asked sliding into his booth as his well…his Pete followed after him.
“God I thought you’d never ask. Bilvy is amazing, he’s so nice and kinda nervous because he hasn’t been on a date in a while because of Evie and he kinda stutters a little bit but it’s really adorable and oh my god Patrick I think I’m in love.”
“Bilvy? And you can’t be in love, you barely know the guy.”
“Yea, apparently he frequents the coffee place that we went to and that’s what they called him and I think it’s cute so I’m calling him that from now on. And c’mon Patrick, how do you not believe in love at first sight?”
“Because it doesn’t exist, you have lust at first sight which is what most people mistake for love but it’s just them finding a person attractive and then once they get to know them they decide if they actually like them or just their face.”
“That’s so cynical, can’t you just accept that some people know that they’re meant to be together right from the start? Might not happen to you but let the kids have their dreams. Hey Pete, what are your views on the issue?” oh yes Pete’s here
“Oh I um believe in love at first sight and true love and soul mates and all that stuff.” Oh…
“Huh, you didn’t really strike me as the type of person to but okay.” Gabe said with an expression on his face that Patrick couldn’t quite place.
“Um yea, friends always called me a girl because of it but um yea.” Patrick guessed that this wasn’t Pete’s favorite thing to talk about.
“Hey Pete you’re graduating in a few weeks, you excited to be a doctor?” Pete’s features perked up at Patrick’s mention of graduating.
“Yea, then I can finally actually be a doctor.”
“And you can stop interning under me.”
“Oh yea, that should be um fun. Hey Patrick, I was um wondering if you um wanted to go, to my graduation. You don’t have to if you don’t want to but um I just thought I’d um invite you because you’re my boss and um my…” Apparently Pete’s food was much more interesting than Patrick.
“Pete, I’d love to go, I’ll be your date.”
“Yea, you can be my date.”
“Awww you guys are so cute, I’ll totally need to remember this for your wedding.”
Gabe! I told you to quite it!” Seriously, does he need to bring it up so often?
“Hey Patrick,” Pete placed his hand on Patrick’s shoulder, probably to keep him from going at Gabe’s throat “it’s okay, no need to get all worked up over it” he said as he turned to Gabe “He gets really pissed when you say those things so if you could keep it to a minimum it would be greatly appreciated.”
“Yea fine, I guess I could keep it to myself more.”
“Thank you, now if you’d excuse us, we’re leaving before Patrick kills you, good bye Gabe.” Pete said as he took Patrick’s hand and lead them out of the room.
^^^^^^
“Thank you for keeping me from killing him.”
“Well you couldn’t really go to my graduation if you were in jail now could you?”
Patrick smiled that really cute smile of his and said “well no that would make it hard to go…”
“So no killing people until after the graduation.”
“But that’s like two months away Pete, how am I supposted to hold out until then?” god can you get any cuter?
“You’ll just have to survive until then, sorry dude.”
“Fine, but it better be worth it.”
“Oh it will be, you’ll get to wait outside and watch all these people go up and graduate and then it’ll finally get to me and by then I’ll be all sweaty in my gown and my suit and oh yea it’ll be lots of fun.”
“But you want me there so I guess I’m going.”
“So what you’re saying is that you’ll do whatever I want?”
“As long as it’s important to you, and it won’t cause me or anyone else large amounts of pain.” It’s important to me that we get married and have sex and adopt little babies…
“…I’ll keep that in mind”
“Why do I feel like I’m going to regret telling you that?”
“You won’t you won’t, I’ll only ask for things that I think you can handle.” he can handle all of those things…
“Okay then, you ready to go make people feel better?”
“As long as I’m doing it with you.” wow Pete, can you sound anymore cheesy?