Status: let me know what you think of Zac and Cole :]

My Heart Will Go On

4

I see a shade of deep red in my eyelids and feel the soft sand beneath my body. Someone has their arm around me and I'm curled up against a body. I open my eyes and realize it's Zac holding me.

My parents are dead.

I still haven't cried and I don't feel like I'm going to cry. Just tired. I roll over so that I'm facing Zac whose face, still red and blotchy, looks relatively peaceful. Why do I have the sudden urge to kiss him? So I can take the pain away from him?

I push the messy blonde hair off of his forehead. His arm stays wrapped tightly around my shoulders as if protecting me from something. I trace his strong jaw line before kissing him lightly on the lips. His eyes flutter open, their color alarming me. He looks at me as if hoping that everything is a terrible dream. His face drops when he realizes we're on the beach.

"Kare." He says and then kisses me back. When we pull apart, I remember that Lily was with us last night.

"Where's Lil?" I ask almost frantically.

"She left us last night and went to the house." He says wearily.

"Maybe we should go, too. We've been out here for a long time."

Zac nods and pushes himself to his feet. He holds out his hand to me and I accept it. We walk to the house hand in hand.

Hand in hand we walk to my new life.

***