Status: let me know what you think of Zac and Cole :]

My Heart Will Go On

9

The next morning, Lily wakes me up.

"Hey, Kare." Her face has lost its brightness and she hasn't smiled much in the past months.

"Good morning, Lil." I want to smile at her, but I can't.

I slide out of bed and suddenly I have an idea. "Let's wake up the babies." I say, referring to our three little siblings. This makes her face show the slightest hint of a smile.

We head first to Patrick's room. His train table is all set up in the middle of the room and he is laying on the wrong side of his bed. He must have pushed the fire truck covers onto the floor.

"Pattie," I say in a teasing voice. He grunts and shifts his position slightly.

I look at Lily and the two of us know what to do next.

We tip toe closer to his bed and begin to tickle him like crazy. He screams and soon we're all laughing for the first time in a long time.

Ruthie and Annie come rushing into the room after a minute or so. Lily rushes toward Ruthie and picks her up, spinning around. Annie giggles at the sight and joins me with Patrick.

Poor Pat's face has turned a bright scarlet color and he can't stop laughing.

The five of us sit on the floor of Patrick's room and Ruthie starts a game of duck-duck-goose.

I could never push my family away. I'm stuck with them no matter what.

****
♠ ♠ ♠
just to lighten the mood.