Status: This is my short story I wrote for a class. Hope you like it. It isn't smut by the way.

Rayne

Chain Reaction

~
“Usually they don’t let girls your age into Chain Reaction, even with an adult. But it’s nice that I’m friends with the owner, so you’re lucky.” My dad is telling me while he’s driving us to Chain Reaction.

“Who are we seeing again?” I ask.

“Um, Eighteen Visions, Poison The Well, and the opener….Avenged Sevenfold.” I thought about the names of each band for a moment.

“I like Avenged Sevenfold’s name the best.” I tell my dad as he makes a turn into the venues parking lot.

“Well let’s hope they sound as good as their name.” He parks close to the building and we get off the car. We have our advanced tickets ready. We stand toward the back because he doesn't want me to get hurt. People like to start mosh pits at these kinds of concerts.

My dad hands me ear plugs because as a child, I have very sensitive ears. I watch as these 5 guys come onstage. They start playing without warning.

They sound rough, but they seem new. I took more notice to the guitarist over everyone else. He was tall with longish black hair and played one mean guitar. I had never seen someone play so fast. I know how to play because of my dad, but not as well as him. The crowd doesn't do much for them, but I liked them instantly.
~
~
At that time it had been 2 years since I saw Avenged Sevenfold at Chain Reaction. I had seen them at Showcase Theater too. My dad doesn't understand my fascination with the band, or the guitarist. It’s about the music, not the guys in the band. I’m only 12, they are too old!
But because of their first performance I asked my dad to get me more lessons with acoustic and electric guitar.

He brought me again to see them. “I’m surprised. My friend said that they were banned last time from here, now they are headlining?”

I roll my eyes at his comment. “Dad, things change, and if you notice they have gotten aggressively popular.”

My dad looks down at me “Aggressively? Have you been reading the dictionary again; Smart girl.” I laugh at my dad and give him a hug before the show starts.

I was happy my dad scored advanced tickets again, because by the way the venue looks, they are sold out. We once again stand towards the back to avoid the mosh pits that the 16 year olds like to start.
I enjoy the first couple of acts, but nothing compares to what is coming.
Brian, the guitarist for Avenged, is awesome. I've learned to play better but I’ll never be as good as him. He is the first to come onstage. The rest follow close behind, finally the lead singer says “Hey Anaheim, how the fuck are you doing?”

The crowd screams, my dad grimaces at the vulgar language. I've heard people swear before so it isn't anything new to me. Then they start to play.

I watch the show in a trance. The guitar strings strum sound is so beautiful to me and sends tingles down my spine. I clap and woo with the rest of the crowd until the end of the show.
My dad says I can meet them tonight. I like the band but I just want to meet Brian and talk to him about how he inspires me.

We make our way through the sweating crowd towards the security guards.
“Hey Richard, brought your daughter here eh? Go ahead.” The guard smiles at me and we forge ahead. We walk down the hall and go to the room on the right that says on a piece of paper “Avenged Sevenfold”.

I feel giddy on the inside. I've been waiting for this for two years. We walk in and see all the guys sitting on couches drinking beer and laughing.

“Hey there little one. What’s your name?” The big, muscular lead singer asks me getting up from the couch to shake my dad and mines hand.

“My name is Sam Rayne.” They are all smiling at me, which is making me nervous.

“My name is Richard Rayne. I’m her father. She’s been wanting to meet you guys since your first gig here.” We all sit down. My dad is on the farthest couch by Matt, Johnny and Zacky, while I sit down by Brian and Jimmy.

“I never thought we’d be back here after last time.” My dad responds to Brian’s comment with a smirk. Jimmy takes a swig of his beer and smiles at me. I blush.

My dad makes some small talk about their set-list and what they thought of the other bands. I decided to break the small talk and say what I came here to say.

“I’m one of your biggest fans Brian; ever since I saw you two years ago.” I say suddenly. All the guys and my dad look at me with surprise.

He grins and says “Well aren't you the cutest little thing. Do you play guitar?”

I nod “Ever since I was six. My dad got me lessons. I wanted more extensive lessons after seeing you guys in concert.”

“Do you play acoustic or electric?” He asks.

“I play both.” I say and watch Jimmy get up and leave the room, when he comes back he has an acoustic guitar. He hands it to me.

I notice everyone watching me but I try to ignore that as I start to play a soft tune. I only play for a couple of minutes until Brian stops me.

“That was good, but now let’s see how you play on electric. Zack bring over the electric with the amp.” The other guitarist leaves the room only to return with the electric guitar and a portable amp. He sets it down and plugs it in.

I start playing one of their well known songs called “Lips of Deceit” and they seem to moderately enjoy my playing. It’s a little messy but I’m only 12 and still learning how to play.

“Well that was very good. You’re very talented Sam. I wouldn't be surprised if you made it in a band or go to MIT like I did. Don’t give up. Ever. If you love guitar as much as I do, you will do great things.” Brian says very encouraging words.

We continue to talk about guitars and bring up Jimmy’s erratic behavior and drum playing but I see my dad look at his watch.

“Sam, honey? I think it’s time to go.” I frown and nod, knowing that we were already out past my bedtime.

I give them all a hug goodbye and leave happy knowing I met my favorite band, but sad that we had to leave at midnight.