Status: I promise I will update as frequently as I can.

Maybe Tomorrow?

"I believe we haven't properly met."

“Taxi!” I tried hailing the cab for the fourth time. The first time, I was about to open the door when someone rushed in and stole my ride. The second time, the same thing happened. The third time, it just passed by me, the cab driver choosing his passengers. Just my luck, I thought. Tired from the plane ride since I had no sleep at all and this happens. I roll my eyes at the thought. Finally, I ride this one with success; putting my two suitcases in the back of the cab.

The past few days have been a blur. I was actually excited but also nervous at the same time since I have no experience of going on tours taking photos of moving people. Last I remember I was just at a shop buying an external hard drive and a few memory cards for this tour. Now, I’m here on the way to the meeting place. I take my camera from my bag and take a photo of the surroundings as the car stops at a stoplight. I smile slightly in content at the result. The oranges and the blues of the sunrise are really beautiful.

A few minutes later and I arrive at the parking lot they gave me the address of, the big bus in sight. There were people outside just talking and loading stuff into the bus and a few heads turned to the cab’s direction. I go out and the driver helps me take my stuff out of the trunk. “Thanks” I smile at him, “here.” I pay him my fee and a few more dollars for a tip. He nods and takes the money.

A tall guy with sandy brown hair and a beard comes toward me as I pull my suitcase towards the bus. “I’m making a pretty big guess that you’re Mallory Halter, the photographer.” He says as he points to the camera strapped around my neck. He chuckles as I nod meekly. “Cool. I’m Tim! The man you’ve been keeping contact with.”

“Oh!” I say rather loudly, “that’s you.” I smile at him as we exchange a handshake and some pleasantries. “Come on; let me introduce you to the guys.” He takes my other suitcase to be a gentleman and he leads me towards two guys by the door just talking and chuckling.

“No way!” the brunette with the moustache said. “Tessa literally did the keg stand?” I heard their conversation as we were closer to them.

“Yeah, man. She was so dizzy right after. She almost puked!” the ginger replied. “It was legendary.” He nodded.

“Guys,” Tim interrupted them, “This is Mallory. Mallory… what’s your last name again?” he asked, embarrassed. “I’m sorry, I’ve got shit memory.” he scratched the back of his head.

“It’s okay. It’s Halter. Mallory Halter.”

They nodded as Tim told me their names. The brunette was Kenny… or I think it was Kennedy, the rhythm guitarist and the ginger was Jared, their lead guitarist. A guy with a small body frame and long hair was carrying a bass drum and Tim told me that was Pat, his brother. He put my bags inside a cabinet next to what I assumed are the bunks. He oriented me about the bus and where the stuff is… even though there isn’t really a lot to “orient about”. He showed me the bunks and told me that no one has chosen which bunks they want to be in. “The guys and I have decided that you can choose which bunk you want first.” He offered. I raised my eyebrows and I told him it was unnecessary.

“Oh, come on! It’s your first tour, Matt says. It’s only best to let you choose which bunk you like so you’d be comfortable.” He convinced me. There were two bunk areas, 6 in each bunk area so that means there are 12 bunks. I chose the bottom bunk on the left side of the first bunk area. Wouldn’t want the new photographer falling out of the bunks, right?

Tim smiled and left me to get comfortable. I stayed there for a while just thinking and looking around. I took my camera and stood up to take some photos of the bunk. No one was inside yet so I took this as an advantage. While I was taking a photo of the back lounge, I heard a loud shriek. I jumped in shock. I walked towards the entrance to the bus and saw a brunette with a pixie cut hugging the guys one by one. She was wearing a white tank top that was tucked in her high-waist shorts. I stepped off the bus and took a photo of the scene going on.

The click of the camera when I pressed the shutter button made her turn her head towards me and smiled. “And who’s this pretty girl?” she said with a smile, looking at the others.

“Hi! I’m Mallory. I’m filling in for the photographer job thing.” I told her as I let go of my camera and put out my hand for her to shake but instead she gives me a hug… a really tight hug. I smiled awkwardly and patted her back. The guys laughed and she flipped them off.

“I’m Allison but people call me Alice.” She tells me. I nod and smile at her politely… feeling really awkward after that hug. I meet more of the guys. Turns out, the only girls here are well, me and Alice and she’s here for no reason. She’s not even going to help sell some merchandise of the band. She was just invited because she was best friends with the guys.

It seemed as if she also went here for a bigger reason… something relevant to relationships. I can tell there’s some tension between her and Kennedy. They were the two who didn’t hug as much and they sneaked glances every once in a while.

I was introduced to Garrett, Matt, Max, Aaron and Gary right after. Tim asked all of us to get inside the bus already and we all did. He got inside after all of us did. We were all sat in the lounge when Tim said, “Wait, guys, where’s John?”

That’s when I realize I haven’t exactly met all the guys. I’ve met 4/5 of the band and the crew members and I haven’t met John. Everyone looked around, eyes searching for this John. I didn’t exactly know what he looked like and what he wore so I didn’t go looking for him. We all shrugged, though and Tim sighed as he took his phone out and dialled what must be John’s phone.

He put it in speaker phone and waited for him to answer. He answered 5 rings after. “John.” Tim said firmly. “Where the fuck are—“ he was cut off when the entrance door was opened and it revealed a tall guy with sandy brown hair like Tim’s. He also had a small frame like Pat but his muscles were a bit toned and he was built and fit.

“I’m right here. Jeez.”

Tim rolled his eyes and sat as the bus started moving.

And I just sat there with my camera; just looking at everyone talking with each other. I sigh quietly as I imagine the next few months being like this. Well, this must be an interesting trip. Please note sarcasm.

I take my laptop and the memory card reader from my bunk and set them down on the booth, planning on editing my photos… some adjusting of the light here and there. John walks towards me with two mugs of coffee and offers me one. I accept it gratefully and thank him. He sits down across me and smirks. “You’re an awfully quiet girl, are ya?” he remarks. My shoulders shrug in response, not really in the mood to talk or anything. “I believe we haven’t properly met. I’m John.”

I smile although I don’t raise my eyes to meet his and say, “Mal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah this took a long time
for the 5 people that are subscribed to this story GOD BLESS YOUR HEARTS
i believe this sucks so i apologize A TON