Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

Chapter 12

"…And what I'll do to you."

I wake up in a cold room. Everything's pretty dark, but the clock shines 4:30 PM.

"What happened," I asked myself as I pulled my self out of bed. As soon as I got up my head throbbed. I caught myself on the dresser, preventing myself from falling back on to the mattress. "Shit," I rubbed my head.

"Where am I?" I suddenly remembered Gerard carrying me some where late last night; or was it early this morning? My sense of time left me. I pushed myself to approach the door and pulled it open; exposing a hallway. It was pretty dark out there too. The muffled sounds from a T.V. were coming from a room down the hall. The bedroom's door opposite from the one I was in was cracked slightly open. I looked in quietly to see who or what was in there. Maybe what ever it was could give me a slight hint as to where I was.

"Was I in Gerard's house?"

I see a boy on the bed. He seemed fairly upset.

Frank.

"Oh," I let out a small gasp. Frank, apparently, heard and lifted his head to look up at me. All I saw in him was sadness; his eyes full of sorrow.

I remember. Everything.

My eyes started to tear up.

"Not here, not now," I plead with myself.

I looked into his eyes and felt my cheeks burn red. I wanted to hate him so much; but I could never hate him.

I closed the door.

Shit, my head hurts.

I continue to make my way down the hall.

There, sitting on the couch, are Gerard, Mikey, Bob, and Ray.

"We were really worried about you," Mikey looked up at me. Every one seemed relived to see me up.

"I don't get how he-how he could-" I started to talk, already my voice was laced with hysteria.

"Come here," Gerard cut me off gently.

I sat next to him an burrowed my head by his neck. The tears that I had tried so hard to hide began to spill from my eyes.

"Shh," Gerard cooed as he wrapped his arms around me.

I felt safe.

"How's your head, love?" Gerard asked me sympathetically, grabbing the fresh cup of coffee that Ray was delivering to him.

"It hurts like a bitch," I tried to let out a soft laugh to brighten the mood, but all I could do was choke on my sobs, shaking.

"Here, this will help," he handed me the coffee. I went to grab it as my hands shook.

"Shh," he let out the calming noise again.

I felt safe.

"Shit, my head hurts!" It was him. "Do you have anything for -" Frank continued.

"You know where everything is," Gerard interrupted him, not even trying to cover up the rudeness.

"Alice," Frank whispered suddenly, realizing my presence.

"Gee, I gotta," The tears started again. I ran to my room and shut the door. I slid down and sat against it, sobbing. From my spot behind the door, my wall of cover, I heard one thing.

"She doesn't want to talk to you, damn it!"

Gerard protected me.

I felt safe.

Gerard's P.O.V.

"I-I need to see her," he pleaded with me. "I-I love her, I can't stand this. What did I do to her? I was with Allison the whole night, I barely remember even that."

"You're clueless," I whispered.

"What?" Frank asked, looking to me.

"She liked you, you dumbass!"

"Wha-What?" Frank looked hurt.

"She fucking liked you, a lot!" I screamed at him. "And she almost drank herself to death because of it!"

Frank's P.O.V.

Those words cut through me like a razor.

I hurt her. I love her and I hurt her.

"I-I had no idea," I trembled.

"Well, now you fucking do," Gerard snapped at me. I didn't like that he was being so harsh on me, but I disserved it. I needed to know when I fucked up, and he was always there to tell me. And this time; I fucked up. I ran to her door and banged on it. The door creaked open and I was faced with her. Alice's eyes were red and her cheeks were stained with the trace of tears. It killed me to see her like this. It killed me to know that I did this to her.

I, Frank Iero, hurt the person I loved the most.

Alice's P.O.V.

I was faced with Frank Iero. Half of me wanted to yell at him, to scream my lungs out at him; but the other half of me just wanted to hold him and tell him all my feelings towards him. I opened up my mouth but no audible noise came out. I tried again.

"Frank," I squeaked.

"Alice, look, I'm so sorry. We need to talk about-" My cell phone cut him off. I looked towards him and he nodded at me, signaling me to answer the call.

"Hello?" I asked into the receiver.

"Hey, Alice?" An unfamiliar voice answered back.

"Yes, and who is this?" I asked back.

"Oh, hi. Um, well, I'm gonna feel really stupid if you don't remember me; but it's Burton."

"Burton," I thought back to last night. I remember meeting this boy and talking to him but I can't remember anything else. I really don't remember anything from right after I saw Frank with Allison. "Yeah, of course I remember you."

"Oh, good," I sensed the smile in his voice. "You were, well, bad yesterday and I just wanted to see how you were doing. I got you're number from Frank's friend."

"Oh, okay. Well, I'm fine, I guess. I can't really remember much after a certain point but all I know is that I ended up blacking out. I'm fine now though. Thanks, though, I really appreciate the phone call." It was actually nice to know that he cared.

"Oh, well, I'm glad you're doing alright. Hey, I had something else I wanted to ask you."

"Go for it," I tried to get him to continue.

"Well, I know that I just met you last night, but I was wondering if you'd like to go to the movies with me tonight. They're playing 'Say Anything' in this old theater a few blocks from here. I know that's an older movie, but I mean, it's a good one and it's playing so…"

I looked from Frank and then back to my phone. I was torn, but I guess nothing could hurt by going to the movies.

"Sure, I'll go," I answered Burton's question.

"Really, cool! So um, I guess I'll pick you up a Gerard's at 7:30, you are staying at Gerard's right?"

"Yep, see you then, bye."

"Who was that," Frank asked.

"Burton called, he um, well I'm gonna go see a movie with him tonight." I felt guilty telling him that, even though it really shouldn't matter. I mean, I just saw him hooking up with his ex and now I'm worried because I'm hanging out with a guy.

Frank's P.O.V.

My heart plummeted into my stomach.

"Oh, well, I um, I guess I'll talk to you later then. Have fun," I stammered. I saw a tear slide down her cheeks and I instinctively went to go wipe it off her face. She uncomfortably pulled away.

"Yeah, I guess we'll just talk when I get back. I need to um, well, I'll talk to you later." She said as a few more tear drops slipped out of her eyes. She turned to close the door behind her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And they called me out, screaming I told you so. And I'm falling down knowing I lost my love, again."
♠ ♠ ♠
I appologize that the P.O.V.s jump around a bit durring this chapter, but it had to be done. Sorry again that it took this long, I really have been busy and on top of that, every thing I wrote didn't seem to come out right. I literally rewrote this chapter atleast 3 times and I finally decided that I'm keeping it like this. I have a really good idea to work on from here so hopefully it will go quicker.

I really appreciate all the comments and the subscribers. To every one who has commented, subscribed, and even both; i love you! You guys really make me feel good about this story.

As always comments are loved!

Love, Justine xoxo

ps. oh, and by the way, the quote at the end is from the song "Told You So" by Ace Enders. I really think the song fit with the ending of this and how Frank and Alice feel.