Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

Chapter 17

And I'll take you home with me
I couldn't believe how well things in my life were going. As I paced the halls each day, with Frank by my side, I felt as if Leah and her group couldn't touch me. It was as if all their, now petty, deeds of horror never affected me any more; and they caught on.

The past week had been bliss. I was floating on this cloud of utter ecstasy when I was with Frank. It was hard to remember that it was not even a week since we departed from the haven of Gerard's home and the presence of Mikey, Ray, and Bob. But it wasn't a bad thing that we left; after all, tomorrow we'd be helping the four boys unpack their luggage into Frank's living room.

Frank and I already were bussing ourselves with the arrival of both of our best friends. Yep, best friends for me, too. I know it was less than a month that I've known those four boys; but it felt like forever to me. We connected instantaneously and the basis for a friendship was built. We went through a lot together and I really felt that they were all there for me when ever I needed it.

They all had their own special traits that helped me. Bob was always there to cheer me up; when ever I needed it. Even that one time when I woke him up at 4:30 in the morning for no apparent reason; just solely cause I wanted some one to talk to.

Then there was Ray. No video game system would be complete with out, drum roll please, Ray! He was always there for a fun time. Of course, he had a competitive side. If he didn't win, he would say that he lucked out any way cause he had better hair than me. Well, who could complain?

Then there was Mikey; or more formally, Michael James Way. There was never a time where I couldn't just sit down to talk to him. Even now, far apart, I still found myself calling him frequently to talk. When ever something was the slightest bit wrong, it would be fixed before it could even turn into a problem. That was Michael James Way; he was the second closest to me.

Second only to Gerard Way; my confidant. After even the short amount of time since we met, he was truly my dearest friend. I felt so comfortable with him and he helped me. He was the first out of the four to know about my home situation, about my parents. About me living alone and being picked on for it; about me having no one. No one to talk to; to tell the good and the bad to. No one to tell me things. No one to confide in. No one until Frank. Gerard truly new how much Frank meant to me, and he was the first to know about my feelings towards him. Gerard helped me at the party and protected me from myself. He was my guardian, he gave me a haven.

With out these four boys, and Frank, I don't know what would keep me going.

I awoke as the sun hit my face from between the cracks of the curtain.

7:35 am.

Shit! My alarm didn't go off. I mentally kicked myself for not replacing the batteries. Great, this only left 25 minutes to get ready for school. I looked beside me to see Frank slumbering next to me. I threw my head down drowsily; after all I could sleep in. Who needed school when there was much to be done about my best friends arriving? Frank stirred for a second and then his eyes fluttered open. He kissed my cheek as I smiled at him.

How is it that, in the midst of destruction of my life, I found this beautiful boy? This beautiful boy waiting with his arms wide open. Of course this boy was little hesitant at first; as was I. But, in the end, we were together; and I was more than grateful.

"Alice," He smiled. "What time is it, love."

"Hm," I hummed lightly, turning to the dysfunctional alarm clock. "7:37, love."

"Shit, Alice, don't we need to get to school soon? Or do you just want to sleep in," he smiled playfully.

"No time for sleeping, love. Since we're both up, maybe we should head over to school. Besides, once schools over at least that means the boys will be here that much sooner."

"I guess you are right, love."

I got up to shower as Frank poured himself a bowl of cereal and pulled on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a black polo.

I walked out of the bathroom, hair still dripping wet, and made my way to the closet.

"Hm, what to wear today?" I sang quietly to myself.

"How about your black skinny jeans and your yellow tank top?" Frank asked, softly into my ear, as he wrapped his arms around me.

I took the two clothing items out of the closet and turned to face him. I let my lips brush his quickly and went to go off to change. Frank grabbed my waist as I turned, and brought my lips back up to his. I smiled and he laughed into the kiss.

"Frank, love, I do need to get dressed so that we can go to school."

"Really?" He pleaded with his puppy dog eyes.

"Oh, Frank, you know how I can not resist when you make that face," I pleaded.

"I know," his pout turned into a devilish grin.

I kissed him once more and then returned to the bathroom to get changed. I walked out again as I towel dried my hair.

8:10

"Fuck, we're late," I groaned.

"It's okay, love. We're only missing chemistry. Are either you or I going to be to be a chemist? I think not, love. It's fine to miss it." He reassured.

"Fine, but we're still leaving now. We can't miss art too." I smiled.

"I know, love."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walked into the building and into the art studio.

"I love you," Frank whispered in my ear as the teacher explained our project for the day.

"I love you too," I whispered back and I absent mindedly let a sketch fill my page.

It was a tall dark tree, but some where through out the branches was light trying to make its way through, and, in one spot, actually succeeding. That's what I felt my life was like now. The darkness from the tree, but Frank provided the sun that would shine down to touch me.

"What are you drawing, love?" Frank returned another whisper to me.

The teacher was still explaining our task which, to my dismay, I had no idea what it was. It wasn't my fault that Frank put me in euphoric bliss.

"Shh," I giggled.

He smiled, and I felt the warmth of it hit me; the warmth of his light warm me.

My past; that was the tree, and when Frank was near, it disappeared. When I was with Frank, not only was the light shining through the tree, but his light shown so bright the tree faded. I was left in a field; a field where I could lay down and just let the warmth absorb into my skin. I felt whole; I felt alive. With Frank, I was alive.

Suddenly a woman walked into the room. I recognized her as one of the secretaries in the office. She handed the teacher a note and proceeded to walk back out. The teacher unfolded the white slip and skimmed over the writing quickly.

"Alice?"

"Yes," I replied softly to the teacher.

"They would like to see you in the office."

"Okay," I smiled at Frank and picked up my books to walk out. "I'll see you in a few," I whispered and he smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah, I am on a writing streak, I can not stop. I feel so inspired all of a sudden.

I hope you like it.

xoxojustine! (comments make me smile)