Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

Chapter 21

Alice’s P.O.V.

I was now sitting on the floor with Cathy, in her bedroom, drinking tea. I managed to have time to make two cups of tea for both me and Cathy. The only thing that filled the air was the solemn silence between us.

“It’s been going on for five years now,” Cathy explained in a hush sound; but her voice was rushed and laced with anxiety.

We had no idea when Bill would return.

Frank’s P.O.V.

I sat up in my bed with the lamp turned on; the bulb burning bright. I turned to pick up the worn envelope that was on the edge of my dresser. The smudged ink only added to the distress and alarm that the letter suggested. My eyes quickly ran over each and every word, absorbing each as I glanced over the letter.

I had to find her, and that was final. I didn’t know where she was, with who she was with, or if she was, indeed, safe at this given moment. The next thing I consciously took note of was that I was already half pulled out of the drive way as my car groaned as I pushed it onward and forced the gas pedal down.

You couldn’t have even tried to talk rationality into me if you tried.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice’s P.O.V.

I doubted if Frank even received my letter, and, if he did, he wouldn’t even know where to find me. All I knew for sure was that I couldn’t stay here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the legnth of this one. It just ended up being shorter than usual.
But don't fear, I have the next chapter already written...and don't worry, it's longer.
In fact, it should be posted by tomorrow (or very soon at the least)!

Oh and I didn't mention it before but... I made it past twenty chapters! *celebrates*
haha, but don't worry...the story doesn't end here : )

with love and sincerity,
Justine