Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

Chapter 3

So I’m thinking that I may keep this in Alice’s point of view, instead of 3rd person P.O.V
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and in the end we'll fall apart
just like the leaves change in colors


The bell rang for class, interrupting my questioning look at Frank. I jumped, ever so slightly. I prayed Frank didn’t notice, embarrassed at my subtlety

“Oh, um, do you know where chemistry in…” Frank took a pause, question wrote over his eyes. He slid a piece of paper out of his back pocket and unfolded it. He looked it over and then continued. “…room, uh, 2…237 is?”

“Oh, um, yeah; actually, it looks like we’re in the same class.” After I said this I noticed a small smile appear on Frank’s face. I felt myself blushed slightly, and I turned to look down at the ground. It was enough that this strange and extraordinary boy had started to talk to me, let alone get happy at the thought of spending a class together.

“Well then, off we go,” Frank smiled. He picked his hand up, just a little, as if to hold Alice’s hand. He dropped his hand after a split second and just followed her to the next class.

They entered the room and took the back two empty seats at the lab tables. Mr. Sector walked in pulling a cart with a TV behind him. He was on the smaller side, but not just in height; he looked almost feeble. He pushed the cart to the center front of the room before introducing the first day of classes.

“Well, as all of you know, I’m Mr. Sector. Um…yes; well, I’m just going to start the tape I have for you guys to watch. It will…uh, explain the course to you all.” Mr. Sector said quietly.

Mr. Sector flipped the light switch into the off position and retreated to his desk.

“Every thing you’d love to know about chemistry…” The generic movie man’s voice boomed. Every one in the classroom groaned.

“Is every class usually this boring?” Frank turned to face her, altering his chair position into a diagonal.

“Haha, not usually,” I giggled lightly.

“Oh, thank god!” Frank’s exclamation made me smile. I was starting to really see myself with him as a friend. Wow, friend I thought. This was deffinetely going to take some time to get used to. It’s not that I didn’t like it, or regretted the idea. It’s just, I was almost positive that I would graduate high school and live my life alone. I say ‘almost’ because there was, even during jaded times, where I still tried to keep some hope.

“So, uh, Frank,” I looked up at him sheepishly. “Where did you move here from?”

“Oh, well, I’ve always been in Jersey; just all different parts,” He smiled.

“Oh. So, um, have you met any one else, like made any friends, yet?” Part of me was hoping he’d say no. I mean, that’s really a selfish request; wishing some one had little to no friends, but I mean, I’d be terribly jealous if he left me for a different group. Especially if it was that clique that ruled the school, as if it were their empire. Stupid conceded little whore bitches…

“Well, yeah, I met different people, like those people who were taunting you; and I’d rather not pay any attention to them. But I mean, I just made one friend.” As soon as Frank said this, interrupting my thoughts, I got a surge of jealousy. “oh, he already has a friend. Why’d you be so stupid and delluted to actually think he’d want to be with you,” I thought.

“Oh, who?” I had brought myself to ask this.

“Oh, well, um, you. That is, if you want to be my friend. I mean…” Wow, I had to stop his rambling. Wait. Back up a minute. He wanted to be my friend; I was who he had meant before. Wow, I felt so stupid.

“Yes,” I practically almost shouted. I was too excited to care; and then the high wore off…Every one in class turned around to face me. I sunk down into my chair, blushing; no not blushing, burning with red. Mr. Sector gave a small “Shh” sound from his desk; and every one turned back around assuming their previous seating.

“Woah, do you always get this excited?” Frank giggled. His laugh was so small and cute; and he was my friend.

“Haha, no, not usually,” I admitted.

The bell rang to signal the end of class, and the end of that, once dreadful, now perfect day.

“Hey, Alice, you wanna hang out? We could walk to my house,” Frank suggested.

“Um… yeah!” This time I tried to smother my excitement so that I wouldn’t start yelling again. He laughed a little at me, his whole face lit up. “I just have to stop at my locker to pick up my bag.”

He escorted me to my locker and then out the school. I heard the whispers and saw the clique around me. Leah went to go open her mouth to say something, probably ridicule, but shock took over and she stood there dumbfounded and silent. Frank looked up at her, made a face and laughed at her! I could not believe his courage, it was amazing. And with that he pulled me closer and wrapped his arm around my back; smiled, and waved good bye to Leah, Lisa, and Jonnie. Rob, Dan, and Alex were next on the antagonizer list.

Dan approached us and asked, stupidly, “Why are you dressed like that? What are those, girl’s pants?” Dan turned to Frank.

“Oh, these old things?” Frank responded innocently. “Well, these are actually. Would you look at that,” Frank said teasingly.

“Oh, well, um…,” Dan stammered, taken aback by Frank’s courage.

“Why are you wearing make-up, freak!?” Alex, another mindless jock stepped up to plate, asking the question.

“The eyeliner?” Frank asked innocently again, batting his eyes. “That, baby, is all for you.” He answered. Frank blew a kiss and marched, well kind of skipped actually, off with me; our arms linked. We laughed the whole way out, and some of the way to his house, leaving the mindless zombies behind in a cloud of awe and confusion.

“Woah, I can’t believe you said all that,” I confessed to him, shocked, but happy about it.

“Well, I just realized that you can’t go throughout life worrying about what these fucktards think!” Frank said this with a proud ring to his voice.

“Fucktards,” I giggled questionably. “That’s a new one.”

“You learn something new every day, love.” He winked at me. This guy was the coolest person I’ve ever met. I thought almost every one was so shitty, I was definitely wrong if there could be some one in the world as sincere and understanding as Frank.

As me and Frank walked to his house, I glanced up at the trees; the skyline burning with the blaze of golden trees. It was beautiful out; and we were singing, yes singing along to his iPod; and everything was good; and he was my friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooh. this is a long one! well... im bored, and sick :( leave me stuff :D

as always i'll love you all forever for comments.

lovers you, xoxo justine