Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

Chapter 5

…we'll then one day be together

I pulled my self up into a sitting position and tried to brush my hair back. I was in pain; everything hurt. I pulled my hand up to try to wipe some blood away from my face, and I hung my head down; heavy with shame. As I did this, I saw a pair of car headlights shining from a few feet away and heard a car door slam.

“Alice; sorry I’m running a few minutes-Alice!” I heard his panicked footsteps race towards me.

“Holy shit-Holy fuck, Alice!” Frank yelled in hysteria, bending down to me. “Alice,” He brought his hands to my face and wiped away tears from my eyes. His last word was more of a whisper.

“Frank,” I looked into his eyes. I was so humiliated. “Frank, I-“ He cut me off.

“Alice! What the fuck happened?” He looked questionably into my eyes. “No! It doesn’t matter now any ways. Your coming home with me.” He picked me up and led me to his car.

“Here, just wait in the car. I’m gonna go run into the house to pick up some clothes for you.”

He left me safely sitting in his parked car. I looked at the environment surrounding me. Frank’s car; well it was a mess, but not as bad as I thought it might have been. Crumpled pieces of paper littered the ground and the seat lining was torn in spots. Everything happened so fast; I didn’t even have time to question what Lisa, Jonnie, Leah, and their team of zombies were doing at my house. I rested my head on the back of the ripped seat and began to close my eyes when the car door slamming interrupted the quite.

“Alice, I don’t even care if you want to or not, but you’re staying with me for a while; at my house. Don’t even argue. I can never let this happen to you again.” I opened my eyes weakly and looked at Frank as he said this.

He put his key into the ignition and began to drive off. He looked over at me sympathetically and handed my messenger bag. I opened it to find a number of articles of clothing he hastily packed for me.

“You know,” he was looking at me “even if those fucks don’t, I love you.” He smiled kindly in a half smile and his eyes returned back to the road.

It was at that time, that I noticed his eyes. His big hazel eyes stared at the road in front of him. His eyes, right now, looked worried; yet there was still that spark. The fact that I had caused him to worry so much was killing me. I wanted nothing more than to see Frank Iero happy.

We pulled up to Frank’s house and he got out quickly; still leaving me in the car. He walked around to my side and opened the door for me and grabbed my hand. He walked me over to the front door and opened it.

“Frank! You’re back with Alice?” I heard Frank’s mother call from the living room.

“Um, yeah, but mom, can she stay with us for a little while?” Frank called back to her and he continued to lead me to the living room.

“Oh, yeah, sure; she’s staying tonight. I already knew that Frankie…” Her thoughts were interrupted when she glanced up from her book and met my eyes.

“Oh, Dear God! What’s happened to you Alice?” Linda approached me.

“Well, I was just about to have her tell me. I found her like this, but I think I have a hunch. Look, Mom, some kids in school give her a hard time, and, well. . . Can she stay with us; like, for a while,” Frank questioned his mother.

“Oh, Alice; of course you can.” She pulled me into a tight hug. “I’ll go make some coffee. Frank, go get her settled in your room. I’ll get a spare mattress. I’m sorry dear, but we don’t have a spare room; you’ll have to share one with Frank.”

“That’s perfectly fine, Ms. Iero.”

“No, please dear, call me Linda.”

“Thank you, Linda,” I smiled.

With that Frank took my hand and draped my bag across his shoulder and led me to his room. He put the bag down on the floor and pulled me onto his bed. He pulled me closer to him and I rested my head on his chest.

He took a deep breathe, “So, Alice, what exactly happened back there.”

“I…I honestly don’t know. It’s just; they all, you know, came and just started coming at me,” my eyes started tearing up. I didn’t want to cry, it’s just every thing hit me all at once. I still felt the cold pavement I had been lying on ten minutes ago.

“Well, love, it’s ok now. I’ll be there for you. I’ll fuckin fight them off!” We both laughed. I absolutely adored Frank’s laugh, and his eyes, oh and just him in general.

“But I will. I love you.” And that was it. That was the second time those three words left Frank Iero’s mouth that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohmygee! I am so sorry that this took forever to write. I've been so busy lately. Also, I'm sorry it's not that long. It's kind of filler-ish, but I promise I will try my hardest to update as much as possible.

xoxo justine!

((oh and as always i love comments!))