Status: In progress.

A Promise Binds Me to Her

III

Racing through the faintly-familiar corridors, the layout remembered like a foggy dream, the girls fumbled their way out of the tower. As they reached a section that was exposed to the courtyard, both girls were blinded by the bright sunlight. Sunlight, it had been withheld from them for many years and now all they could do was give off a small but hesitant smile. Once their eyes had adjusted; they ran across, towards the other side of the exposed section, their eyes on the black guards in the courtyard, hoping and praying not to get caught.

Slowly but surely Alexandria opened the squeaky metal door out into the main courtyard of the castle. Both girls get through, but before either of them could judge how to escape they had been spotted,
“Stop them!” a guard shouted. Without much hesitation Snow and Alexandria locked hands, Alexandria dragging her sister towards the entrance. How she expected to get out there Snow would never know, but her sister had changed so much from when she last saw her fully how did she know she hadn’t truly gone insane.

Alexandria stopped, her feet scuffling on the muddy floor. Surrounded, they were surrounded. Neither girl could see a way out until Snow spotted the beautiful bird who had saved them both before. This time Snow was the one who was leading, following the bird she dragged her sister towards the opening of the sewer pit. Knowing she was about to dive stomach deep into what was most likely faecal matter, Alexandria cringed.

Snow went first sliding on some water and splashing into the disgusting stuff. With one last, and quick, look of her home Alexandria followed her. They would not be returning here until they’re father was avenged.

As the princesses waded their way through; faeces, water, scraps and their own vomit before coming to an opening in the cliff face, on which the castle was built, Snow stepped out onto the small ledge first. The waves crashed up against the cliff, jagged black rocks sticking up here and there; Snow White was near to passing out. She was brave but not as brave as her sister, who too was having difficulties with the drop.

Alexandria took her sisters hand again and gave her sister a look; that explained that everything was going to be alright, Snow just had to trust her. Snow took one last look at the drop, made a sobbing noise and then nodded,
“On my word,” Alexandria panted softly and soothingly to her sister, adrenalin coursing through her veins, “Go!” she shouts and both girls leave the ledge and crash into the icy cold waters below.