Status: Entry for a contest :) Will properly link and such when not on my iPhone.

Set Fire

Three.

Adam protectively took his place beside Evelyn, who was cursing through her teeth at the situation she was in, his automatic pointed in Dean's direction. "Devil's trap my ass, Adam! It's a damn salt circle so clear it."

"Adam," Dean began "You're alive."

"Yeah, no thanks to you." Adam spat as he kneeled down and began sweeping away the circle of salt that had trapped the demon he was mentally poking fun of.

"What are you doing, she's a demon!" Dean shouted as Evelyn stepped away from the doorway.

She moved to the center of the room and took a moment to examine herself in the light. Her white corset was a bloody mess and her dark curls were dripping to match. Unlike Adam, and his guns, Evelyn preferred to get down and dirty. "So, should I assume that you don't trust me?"

"What do you think? You're a demon so why should I?" Dean scoffed as they came face to face "I'm not exactly as fond of your kind as my brothers are."

She looked over at Sam with a wink, catching him off guard, "So I've heard." Sam shifted uncomfortably, avoiding eye contact with both his brother and Evelyn.

"Sammy, what's that supposed to mean?"

"It doesn't mean what you think it does." Sam muttered as he took a seat "Trust me when I say that."

"So what the hell does it mean?"

Dean looked at the people around the room with frustration and confusion before his eyes landed on Adam who once had again taken his place beside Evelyn. "Short here's been sleeping with Sam." he shrugged as if it were no big deal "How else were we supposed to keep track of you two?"

Dean's mouth dropped as he turned to look at Sam. "You were sleeping with her?"

"She has Adam!" Sam shouted, with the hope that Dean's unwanted attention would be shifted elsewhere "Shouldn't we be figuring out how that happened?" he let out a shallow breath as Dean turned back to face their younger brother. "What the hell are you doing with her? How are you even here?"

"She made a deal with Death and he handed me over to her." Adam shrugged thoughtfully "So far she's been completely worthy of my trust, taught me how to hunt, saved my ass a few times and vice versa."

"Taught you how to hunt?" Sam asked as he stood and made his way to Dean's side "To hunt like us?"

Evelyn scoffed and rolled her eyes, causing Adam to shake his head and laugh. Dean watched the pair with a raised eyebrow. "Oh please," she smiled "I've trained him to be ten times the hunter you and your brother could only dream of."

"Don't get too cocky, Short. If I was such a fantastic hunter you wouldn't be criticising me for confusing a salt circle for a devil's trap."

"Don't go blaming me for your stupid mistakes, Ghoul Chow."

"Are you two supposed to be best friends or something?" Dean cut in with a huff "Or are you bumping uglies too?"

Sam took a step back as Evelyn's eyed blackened out of anger while Adam smacked her shoulder to keep it from getting the better of her.

"Technically you could call her my best friend." Adam said "But don't go thinking that we've slept with each other. Someone finds that sexual encounters with a guy who let himself become ghoul chow insulting, hence her pet name for me. I'll be honest when I say that sleeping with her isn't exactly what I'd consider to be a good time anyway."

It was Evelyn's turn to smack Adam's shoulder.

"Clearly Sam would be one to disagree with on that." a voice said suddenly from the back of the room.

"Castiel." Evelyn spat with a roll of the eyes.

"Evelyn, always nice to see you."

"You two know each other?" Sam asked as Castiel made his way over to the group.

"They go way back." Adam muttered all the while glaring at the angel.

"Nice vessel Cas, a stupid face for a stupid angel, it really suits you."

"I see you haven't changed," Castiel said while examining Evelyn's features "Much."

"So how do you two know each other?" Dean asked loudly "Anyone care to explain?" He questions fell on deaf ears as Castiel and Evelyn locked eyes. Small smiles graced their faces and left the three brothers clouded in an awkward silence.

"It been a long time sweetie."

"Last we met you were terrorising the streets of London." Castiel said quietly, his voice sending shivers down Evelyn's spine.

"I made history." she muttered with a smile "If I remember correctly, you were trying to save my soul? Too bad it was already long gone, eh?"

"Not gone," he breathed "Just lost. You've done a lot of bad since then."

"It's in my nature, Cas." Evelyn purred "But I'm happy to report that I've also tried my hand at being a good girl. Take, for instance, the scene outside. If that isn't enough for you just look at Adam." Adam rolled his eyes and took a moment to reload his guns. Sam and Dean made their way to the window and took a quick glance outside.

"Demons," Dean said with disbelief "Dead demons."

"You're helping us?" Sam asked "Why?"

Evelyn smirked with amusement and turned to face the brothers. "I want the angel." she said simply "Nothing more, nothing less, and nothing that'd cause too much trouble."

"No." Dean said with a shake of his head "There is no way in hell you're getting him. What could you possibly want with him anyways?"

She turned to face Castiel with a slight look of disgust, " It's a long story."

"Well, we've got all the time in the world, lady." Dean said as he moved to take a seat.

Evelyn sighed dramatically and looked back an fourth between the brothers. So different, so very different, they amazed her. "Do you really want an explanation?" she asked Sam.

He hesitated for a moment, "I'm not entirely sure."

"Sammy," Dean began with a groan, suddenly remembering that his brother had been intimate with her.

"Keep in mind that whatever I say may hurt you."

"And who's fault is that?" Dean spat.

"The one who's too nosy to mind his own business." Adam smirked "She doesn't exactly have to give you two an explanation so you should be grateful that she's even considering it."

Dean glared at his younger brothers, though most of his anger had found itself aimed at Adam.

Sam looked up at her for a moment, taking in her features and cold demeanour. She was so different than the woman he originally thought her to be. "Okay." he said with a slight nod of the head and a quiet quiver in his voice "Let's hear it."

Evelyn smiled and closed her eyes, as if trying to relive a fond memory. "Let me just begin by saying that, contrary to popular belief, some of us have genuine feelings."

Dean rolled his eyes and scoffed, "What's that got to do with anything?"

Evelyn cautiously opened her eyes. Her attitude had shifted completely and she was once again the Evelyn Sam had found himself in love with.

"To put it simply, Winchester, Castiel broke my heart."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm still stuck with my phone. It's lame. FML.