Love's Spiral

~205

The drive to Isaac’s house was definitely awkward. Considering that the last time Spencer saw Derek, she drove away in his car. She was just waiting to be yelled at for that. Spencer was also confused at where Derek and her stood. They still hadn’t talked about what they were after Derek half-admitted his feelings for her.

Scott being in the back didn’t help much either because she felt as if he was watching them, trying to figure them out. Spencer knew that Scott was one hundred percent ‘Team Stiles’ since he wasn’t sure if he trusted Derek yet. The trust for Derek came automatically for Spencer. She wasn’t sure if she would every second guess him.

When they arrived at the house, it was starting to get dark. Spencer pushed herself out of the car and moved the seat for Scott to get out. She stood in front of the house, just looking at it, almost afraid of what she and her friends were going to find. Spencer knew that Isaac was abused, but she didn’t know to what extent. She sighed, feeling a nervous down in the pit of her gut.

Derek came up next to her. “You feel that?”

Spencer nodded. “I’m not sure how I feel about this.”

“You’ve got to learn sometime.”

“I know. Just wish I didn’t have to feel like this under these circumstances. Isaac being incarcerated for a crime he didn’t commit was not on my to do list once I was a werewolf.”

“Just follow your gut. You always have. You just have to read into it more.”

Spencer nodded, understanding. She took a deep breath and walked up the front path, into the house. She looked around, eyes falling on a door to her right. “This way.” she said, confidently, walking towards the basement door.

Derek was impressed by her strong sense of where she needed to go.

Scott stood back bewildered. “How do you know?”

“I feel it.” Spencer said, opening the door.

“You wanna learn?” Derek asked Scott.

Scott peeked around the corner down to the basement. Spencer held back, wanting Scott to try.

“Let’s start now.” Derek instructed.

Scott looked to Derek and then back at Spencer.

“Go on, Scotty.” Spencer encouraged. “Just follow your senses. Other than smell and hearing. What do you feel?”

“What’s down there?” Scott asked, stepping down the stairs.

“Motive.” Derek said simply.

“What am I looking for?”

“You’ll know when you find it.” Derek said, staying back for a minute. He looked to Spencer, urging her forward. “You wanna help him?”

Spencer nodded, and rushed down the stairs after Scott. She quickly figured out the direction where the strongest emotions were coming from. She took a deep breath and started coaching Scott through. “Where do you feel the most anguish coming from?” Spencer asked. “There’s fear and pain there, too, if that helps.”

“What happened down here?” Scott asked.

“The kind of thing that leaves an impression.” Derek responded.

“Could you be any more vague?” Spencer asked.

Scott took a few more steps forward, eyes glancing at the ground. He leaned down seeing scratch marks on the floor. He looked up seeing a deep freezer against the wall. Spencer noticed it, too, and the clues clicked in her head. Her hand shot to her mouth to keep from crying out and her eyes became rimmed with tears. Spencer stood back, overwhelmed by the feelings. Scott kept pushing forward, holding the lock to the ice chest in his hand. Derek came next to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. Spencer looked up at him, saw his concerned face, and took a deep breath. She couldn’t let this get to her.

Derek stepped more towards the freezer and clicked on his flashlight in Scott’s direction, scaring him. “Open it.” Derek ordered.

Scott took the lock off and opened the lid.

Spencer took a step forward, noticing all the scratch marks on the inside of the freezer. It angered her to think that Isaac dealt with this for a good part of his life. Being locked in a cage like some sort of animal, when he more than likely didn’t do anything wrong. She pushed the anger away when she felt her claws come out. Spencer took a deep breath and stepped closer to the freezer, pushing how far she could go without changing. Her nails dug into her palms, making her bleed just a little.

“This is why he said yes to you.” Scott realized.

“Everyone wants power.” Derek assured.

“If we help you, then you have to stop.” Scott pushed. “You can’t just go around turning people into werewolves.”

“I can if they’re willing.”

“Did you tell Isaac about the Argents? About being hunted?”

“He didn’t tell the whole story, but he did. I filled him in on the rest.” Spencer promised.

“He still asked.” Derek assured.

“Then he’s an idiot.” Scott accused.

“Don’t talk about him like that.” Spencer threatened.

“And you’re the idiot dating Argent’s daughter.”

Scott looked to Spencer, shocked that Derek had any idea about that.

“Yeah, I know your little secret. And if I know, how long do you think it’s gonna take for them to find out?”

Scott looked away, not liking the feeling of being chastised.

“Guys, stop. This isn’t getting us anywhere.” Spencer said, forcefully.

“You saw what happens to an Omega.” Derek put a hand on Scott’s shoulder. “With me, you will learn how to use all of your senses. With me, you learn control.” Derek looked down at Scott’s hand, noticing that he was getting angry. He picked it up and showed Scott the hand as the claws began to grow. “Even on the full moon.”

Scott ripped his hand away from Derek. “If I’m with you, I lose her.”

“Scotty,” Spencer said, gently, “you’re probably gonna lose her anyway.”

“But he knows that.” Derek said to Spencer, before turning to leave.

“Wait,” Scott said, making Derek stop. “I’m not a part of your pack. But I want him out. He’s my responsibility, too.” Scott insisted.

“Why? Because he’s one of us?”

“Because he’s innocent.”

Derek nodded once, leaving up the stairs.

Spencer stayed with Scott for a moment. “I know that you probably won’t believe me, but I didn’t tell him that you were still with Allison.”

Scott stared in the direction that Derek left, not responding to his friend.

“We’re just trying to help.” Spencer said, comfortingly, placing a hand on Scott’s forearm before following after Derek. She hurried up the stairs and back out to the car. Spencer sat down in the car and turned to Derek. “So what are we doing with me? You gonna chain me up or something?” she asked.

“No.”

“No?” Spencer questioned, shocked. “Derek, I don’t know what’s going to happen tonight. Neither do you, to be honest.”

“I don’t. But I know you have your emotions in check. I know that you were close to turning in that basement when you saw the freezer and all the scratch marks. You came back from it.”

“How?” Spencer asked, unsure.

“You dug your nails into your hands.” Derek grabbed Spencer’s hand to show her the slowly healing holes that were in her palms. “Pain keeps you human.”

Spencer took her arm back from Derek, examining it. “So, how do I stay in control without hurting myself?”

“Find an anchor.” Derek informed, starting his car and driving towards the sheriff station.

“What does that mean?”

“You need to find something that keeps you human. Makes you feel human.”

Spencer thought, staring off out the window, watching the trees as they passed. Finally she found something just as they arrived at the station. Derek shut off his car and looked to Spencer.

“Did you find something?”

Spencer nodded.

“How do you feel?”

She paused, gathering her feelings. She definitely didn’t feel a need to kill anymore. “I feel weird. But I think I’ve got a hold on everything.”

“Alright.”

“What are we going to do about Isaac? There’s no way that he’ll have a hold on his anger.”

“We’re waiting.”

“For what?” Spencer asked, furrowing her brow, looking to Derek.

“Him.” Derek said, jerking his chin forward, making her look in that direction.

Stiles pulled up in his Jeep.

“Why him?” Spencer asked, pouting slightly.

“He’s our way inside.” Derek explained, pushing himself out of his car. Derek walked to the Jeep and Spencer let out a breath. She jogged to catch up to Derek and made her way to the back of the Jeep. Derek let himself in the front seat and Spencer opened the back to climb in that way. The two scared Stiles, making him jump.

“Oh! Kay!” Stiles shouted, shocked by the two who bombarded his vehicle.

“What’s the plan?” Spencer asked.

Stiles gasped. “Really? No time to recover from this heart attack I just had?”

“Stiles, this is important.”

“Okay…” Stiles started. “Now, the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father’s office.”

“Which, we’re assuming, you know the password to.”

“Of course.” Stiles nodded to Spencer. “The problem is getting past the front desk.

“I’ll distract her.” Derek said easily, moving to push herself out of the Jeep.

Stiles grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back into the car. “Whoa, whoa, whoa.” He stopped. “You?” he questioned. “You’re not going in there.”

Derek looked at Stiles’ hand on his shoulder and glanced back and forth threateningly.

Spencer leaned forward from the back. “Stiles, you should take your hand off.”

“I’m taking my hand off.” Stiles said, nervously.

“I was exonerated.” Derek said.

“You’re still a person of interest.”

“An innocent person.”

“And… you? Yeah, right!” Stiles joked. He rolled his eyes. “Okay, fine. What’s your plan?”

“To distract her.” Derek said, thinking Stiles was stupid.

“Uh-huh. How? By punching her in the face?”

Derek faked a laugh. “By talking to her.”

“Okay, alright.” Stiles thought. “Give me a sample. What are you gonna open with? Probably some of those moves that you put on Spencer.”

“Hey!” Spencer accused from the back.

The boys ignored her.

Derek didn’t say anything, just took a small breath and looked to Stiles.

Stiles sighed. “Dead silence. That should work beautifully. Yeah, I can see how that worked on you, Spence.” He said, glancing in the back. “I’m nearly jizzing in my pants here. Any other ideas?”

Derek thought for a moment. “Thinking about punching you in the face.”

“Derek, just go.” Spencer ordered, pushing him slightly.

Derek removes himself from the Jeep and Spencer pushes herself out after him.

Stiles joined her around the Jeep. He sighed, looking to her. “You ready?”

“Gotta be.” Spencer admitted. “We’ve got to get Isaac out of there before he hurts someone.”

“Or before someone hurts him.”

Spencer furrowed her brow. “What do you mean?”

“Nothing.” Stiles said, immediately regretting his comment. “Let’s just go.” He walked up to the station, standing outside the door. “Can you hear him?”

Spencer nodded.

“Let me know when she’s distracted.”

Spencer nodded, listening as the girl was already at a loss for words, flirting with him. “Go.” she instructed.

“Seriously?” Stiles said, shocked. “He just got in there.”

Spencer nodded and rolled her eyes. She bit the inside of her cheek, not really liking this plan.

“How do you put up with that?”

Spencer sighed and shrugged. She walked passed Stiles moving slowly through the reception area of the office. Stiles followed shortly after.

Spencer tried not to pay attention to the conversation Derek was having with this girl, but something caught her ear.

“Oh, I was gonna say ‘so incredibly beautiful,’” Derek said.

Spencer stopped, quietly growling.

Stiles watched her, questioningly. He put a hand on her arm, pushing her forward. “Did you just growl?” he asked, once she was out of earshot from the officer at the front desk.

Spencer shrugged her shoulders and hurried back to Stiles’ father’s office. She opened the door and gestured for Stiles to go in first since he knew where he was going.

Stiles went to the back of the office, behind the desk to a little box on the wall the size of a lightswitch. Spencer stood behind him, looking over his shoulder. He put the combination in and took of the cover. They saw that the keys were gone.

“Stiles, where the hell are the keys?” Spencer asked.

“I don’t know. They should be here.” Stiles said, frustrated.

“Would Pops have them?”

Stiles shook his head. “He’s home. They’re supposed to be in this box if he’s not here.”

Spencer turned her head towards the office door, hearing a clinking sound.

Stiles turned, watching the look on her face become curious. “What? What do you hear?” he asked.

“They keys are here. They’re in the building. Someone has them.”

Stiles looked to the hallway. “Oh, no.” Stiles said, rushing from the room.

“Oh, no?” She followed after him. Spencer caught up to him as he was about to turn a corner. She heard something and tried to stop him. “Stiles, wait!” she whispered, but it was too late.

Stiles stood in front of the man for a moment, trying to make an excuse. “Just looking…” He trailed off. “Oh, sh - ” Spencer watched around the corner as Stiles tried to make a run from the man. The man grabbed a hold of Stiles by the back of his shirt.

Spencer breathed heavily, wishing that she could do something. She hugged the wall, tightly, trying to peek around the corner to see what the damage was. She saw that the man had a hand over Stiles’ mouth and a syringe in the other hand filled with a purple liquid. “Wolfsbane.” she whispered to herself. She looked to Stiles making eye contact with him. Then looked up at the wall where there was a fire alarm.

Thankfully, Stiles caught on and reached up to pull it.

Spencer turned back forward and put her hands over her ears blocking out the extremely loud sound. She huffed, trying not to let the sound distract her from keeping herself human. Spencer took a deep breath and focused her thoughts away from the fire alarm. She turned the corner, set on hurting the man.
The man had already taken Stiles back into the room where the cells are. He dropped Stiles on the floor, ready to threaten him when Stiles’ eyes caught something. The man followed Stiles’ line of sight to see him staring at an empty cell.

Spencer saw it, too, and looked to her right. There she saw Isaac completely wolfed out. “Oh, God.” she said.

Isaac pushed himself off of the wall and flung himself at the man. Isaac threw the man on the desk nearby and pulled him back up, spinning him around and throwing him at the wall he just came from.

“Stiles, get behind the desk, now.” Spencer ordered, stretching out her muscles, preparing herself for a fight.

“What are you gonna do? Charge a werewolf on a killing spree?”

Spencer ignored his comment, only glaring at him until he moved himself quickly behind the desk.

Isaac grabbed the man by his arm as he tried to inject Isaac with the wolfsbane. Isaac bent the man’s arm backward until he dropped the syringe. As he was distracted, Isaac grabbed the man’s forehead and pushed his head hard against the wall, knocking him unconscious. Isaac turns to his left, eyes catching Stiles behind the desk. All he could think of Stiles was that he did his friend wrong. Stiles took another girl to the formal instead of Spencer, his best friend.

Spencer noticed the wheels in Isaac’s head turning and quickly thought of her options. While this wasn’t exactly how she wanted to out herself to Stiles, it was going to have to do.

Isaac started towards a scared Stiles, but Spencer caught him.

Spencer was fully shifted and managed to grab ahold of Isaac, pushing him back against the wall. “Isaac! Stop!” She shouted, trying to get through to him. Only Isaac wouldn’t stop fighting her. “Derek!” She called, hoping he would make his entrance soon.

Isaac managed to grab her arms and push her back onto the floor.

Spencer looked from Isaac to Stiles, who was about to be hurt just like the hunter was.

Stiles looked to her, shocked. “You’re a werewolf!?” He accused.

Isaac walked to Stiles.

Thankfully, Derek entered the room, stepping on the wolfsbane-filled syringe. He let out a loud roar that seem to grab Isaac’s attention as he became scared of the alpha.

Isaac cowered against the wall in defensive position with his arms covering his head.

Stiles, confused at everything that just happened, looked from Derek to Isaac to Spencer.

Spencer was back in her human form and she sighed largely, afraid of what was about to happen between her and her friend.

Stiles looked back to Isaac, seeing him human again, and then to Derek. “How did you do that?” Stiles asked Derek.

Derek looked at him, raising his eyebrows. “I’m the alpha.”

Spencer hurried to Isaac’s side, noticing that he was afraid of Derek at the moment. “Hey,” she said, touching his arm gently to calm him down. “You’re okay, Isaac. He won’t hurt you.”

Isaac was still cowering, shaking.

“We have to get him out of here.” Derek told Spencer.

“Isaac, I promise.” Spencer said to him, making sure that she had his full attention. “I won’t let anything happen to you. You have to trust me and come with me.”

“Spencer?” Stiles asked, sliding himself up the wall to stand. “How are you a werewolf?”

Spencer looked to Derek and back to Stiles. She shook her head and turned back to Isaac. She helped him to his feet. “We have to go.” She saw aloud.

“Spencer!” Stiles demanded.

“I’ll talk to you later.” Spencer stressed. “We have to get Isaac out of here. Stay here. Come up with something to try to explain this to your dad.” She walked out of the door with Isaac’s arm around her shoulder and Derek right behind her.

Derek laughed once. “You handled that well.”

“Shut up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Quick update because I'm not working until Saturday so I have loads of free time.

Anyone else watch the episode tonight? Or are you waiting until tomorrow?

Leave comments!