Love's Spiral

~104

Jackson had already stopped by Allison’s house to get Lydia. He hadn’t wanted to because his party had already started, but Lydia insisted. Allison and Spencer were left to wait for Scott and Stiles. There was an awkward silence between the two, since they weren’t that familiar with each other yet.

Spencer knew what was next. She sighed. “My dad…” she paused, “was in an accident when I was seven. I don’t know exactly what happened. I didn’t ask. But he lost a good part of his memory. Including the part where he and Mom had me. So he has no idea who I am.” She breathed deeply. “My mom told me to tell him that I’m one of her cousin’s kids, since she and I look so much alike. But every now and then, I slip up and accidently call him ‘Dad’. He doesn’t think he’s a dad, so he starts throwing these fits where he’ll hurt me or my mom. Sometimes himself. I can’t sit there and watch. So I leave. I normally go to Stiles’ or Scott’s house.”

Allison looked at Spencer, sympathy written clear on her face. “That’s why you’re with them so much.” Allison said, realizing.

"My mom is so busy keeping my dad okay, that she doesn’t pay much attention to me. Stiles’ dad and Scott’s mom have always told her that they are there for me so she doesn’t stress. That makes Scott and Stiles my family.” Spencer twiddled her thumbs in her lap. “I’m not at my house much with my mom. Our relationship kinda went down after elementary school and now it’s basically non-existent. I’ve taken care of myself for the most part after that. I don’t like stressing my dad out anyway.”

“Well, if you ever needed to get away from your boys,” Allison teased. “you’re welcome here.” She smiled and put an arm around Spencer’s shoulders. Spencer returned the smile and leaned into her new friend’s hug. “How did Lydia know about that? It doesn’t seem like that’s something you tell many people.”

Spencer chuckled. “No, I don’t. But that is something that I will save for another day.”

The doorbell rang, followed by a knock on the door. Allison went to her window to see what car it was. “It’s a Jeep.” She said.

“That would be me.” Spencer stood from Allison’s bed.

“Oh, no. No. You wait.” Allison ordered. “I will go and get the door. You need to make your grand entrance.”

Spencer groaned, but agreed.

“I’ll see you downstairs.” Allison winked as she ran to get the door.

Spencer stood in front of the mirror. She looked different. She felt different. She hoped that Stiles liked how she looked. She tried to pull the dress down one more time to no avail. Thankfully, Lydia had let her wear her sneakers and a pair of black leggings. In exchange, Spencer had to let Lydia curl her hair. Spencer agreed.

“Spencer!” Allison called from downstairs.

Spencer’s heart fluttered with nerves. She began to feel a little self-conscious. What would Stiles think? Would he hate it? She took a deep breath. “Now or never.” She said to herself. Spencer grabbed her duffel bag and walked from the room, slowly. She kept her head up and didn’t look at her feet. Lydia had told her not to. She had said to walk with confidence.

Spencer looked at Stiles as she walked down the stairs. Stiles’ eyes were wide and his jaw was practically on the floor. Spencer smiled and automatically felt comfortable in what she was wearing.

“Holy sh - ”Stiles started. He stopped after Allison elbowed him. Spencer finished the stairs and stood in front of Stiles, their eyes locked on each other’s. “Let me get your bag.” He said, nervously. Spencer held out her back and he took it. “Spencer, you look…” he trailed off, trying to find the right word.

“Amazing. Doesn’t she look amazing, Stiles?” Allison finished for him.

“Amazing. Gorgeous. Beautiful.” He stuttered.

Spencer smiled and blushed. “Thanks.” She looked to Allison who smiled. Then turned her head back to Stiles. “Are you ready to go? Unless Allison wants us to wait with her?”

“No, no! You can go! Go have fun. I’ll see you there.” Allison winked to her new friend.

Stiles and Spencer walked out the door and to the car.

“Make good choices!” Allison called after them.

Spencer laughed.

Stiles opened the passenger side door for her.

“Wow, Stiles. If I knew that you were going to open doors for me, I would have taken initiative and asked you out years ago.”

Stiles blushed.

“Your dad taught you right.”

Stiles nodded. “He did, didn’t he?”

Spencer climbed into the car.

Stiles ran around to the other side of his Jeep, threw Spencer’s bag in, and climbed in himself. He hesitated before starting up the car. He was worried. Tonight was the full moon and if his hunch about Scott was true, he didn’t know what to expect. And he felt bad for not telling Spencer anything about it. She still think it’s only a joke.

Spencer felt nervous for her own reasons. She didn’t know how to act around Stiles now that they were on a date. Granted, they were going to a party, but they were going to a part surrounded by horny, sweaty teenagers. Hopefully, this ended up feeling like a date.

@$#%$#@

It was an hour after Spencer and Stiles got to the party. The two had been dancing to the music the whole time. They were both so nervous about the limited space between them at first, but after three songs, the two were finally comfortable with the situation. Spencer had her hands tied behind Stiles’ neck as the two moved to the loud music. It wasn’t until a slower song came on that things got awkward again.

“Let’s go get a drink.” Spencer said, turning to go inside the house. Stiles grabbed her arm gently to stop her.

“No. Dance with me.”

Spencer groaned.

“Come on. This is the date-est part of our very first date. We have to do something cute-like.”

Spencer smiled and shook her head.

“Please, dance with me, Spencer.”

Spencer nodded. He pulled her toward him softly, by the arm that he held. He, then, snaked the arm up around his neck, where Spencer brought the other one to tie them together. Stiles’ hands cautiously moved down to her waist. The two swayed side to side in time with the song. Both of their hearts beat quickly at the intimate moment. Spencer leaned her head on the top of Stiles’ shoulder. When the song ended, the two didn’t know what to do. They both back away from each other, just a little bit.

“Um, I’ll go get you that drink now.” Stiles said.

Spencer nodded as he rushed off into the house to find a drink. He left Spencer on the dance floor. Feeling like she was in the middle of things, Spencer decided to move to a back corner away from the craziness. She pushed her way through the crowd, ending up at the very back of the yard. She pushed so hard through the bodies, that when she reached the end, she nearly slammed herself into a tall figure. Her heart raced when her mind put together who the figure was.

“Derek.” she breathed.

He showed off a small smile to act normal.

“You were the girl from the woods. With the inhaler kid.”

“Yeah, Scott. He’s the inhaler kid.” She laughed quietly.

“Scott. Hmmm.” Derek thought for a moment. “And you?”

“Spencer.” She didn’t know why she was still talking and responding to him. He had nearly scared her to bits the other night. But something in her, didn’t want to stop talking to him.

“Spencer.” He repeated.

She shuddered at the sound of him saying her name.

“It’s nice.” he complimented.

“Thanks.” She widened her already blatant smile. How long had she been smiling? “Uh, what are you doing here?” She asked, begging to keep the conversation going.

Derek seemed to struggle for an answer. “I - uh, a friend. Dragged me along.”

Spencer tilted her head to the side. “You have friends?”

Derek angled his head with a slight smirk.

Spencer’s eyes widened when she had realized what she just asked. “Oh!” she said, slapping her forehead. “That is not what I mean. I - just - ”

Derek interrupted her. “It’s okay.” He said, calming her with a hand on her upper arm.

Spencer looked at his hand when her heart jumped.

He took his hand off when she looked to him. “It’s just - that day in the woods, you looked so…” she paused, searching her mind for the right word, “alone.”

Derek’s face hardened instantly. She finally saw the face he showed Scott and Stiles the other day.

“I - ”

“Spencer?!” Stiles shouted over the music. He sounded urgent and scared. Spencer bit her lip towards Derek and looked at him through her bangs. She sighed and turned to the crowd. She made her way through the crowd once more until she found Stiles. He immediately wrapped his arms around her, with a hand in her hair.

“God, Spencer. Where were you?”

“I was - ” Spencer turned to where Derek stood only to find that he wasn’t there. She stumbled. “I just wanted to get away from all of the people.” Spencer had no idea why she didn’t tell Stiles about Derek, but she didn’t linger on it. “I’m sorry. I guess I should have told you.” She said, slowly, a little unsure as to why he was freaking out so much.

“Yes. No!” Stiles said, changing his mind quickly. Spencer jumped when he shouted. “No, I just couldn’t find you. I thought you were drooling over some other guy.”

Spencer laughed nervously as Derek popped back into her head.

“Anyway, I think I saw Scott back there. He didn’t look so good. We should probably go help him out.

Spencer shook her head as her hand found her new bruise, automatically holding it. “He brought his own car. Can’t he just get himself home?”

“Look, I know you’re still mad about the…” Stiles said, pointing to Spencer’s wrist, “yeah. But I really think he needs us this time. Like a ‘no matter what’ situation.” Spencer groaned and rolled her eyes.

“It feels like we only just got here.” Spencer complained as Stiles rushed her from the house by her unbruised arm.

“I know. But I’ll make it up to you. I promise.”

Spencer nodded. When they were out of the house, they saw Scott speeding off in his mom’s car, leaving Allison.

“We need to get to Scott.”

“What about Allison?” Spencer asked. “We can’t just leave her here alone. Isn’t she our responsibility now anyway?”

Stiles groaned. “We can’t take her. Her house is completely out of the way.”

Spencer sighed, unsure of what to do. She looked around, remembering any friends that she had seen that could possibly take Allison home. “Derek, where are you?” She whispered to herself so that Stiles couldn’t hear her. As she turned to the house, she saw a figure sneak around from the corner. She furrowed her brow, confused, but sighed a laugh anyway. “Stiles, I’ll be right back.” Spencer jogged up to the house.

“Spencer!” He called after her. “But Scott.”

“I’ll be right back.” She stressed again. She moved around the corner, almost running into Derek. “Derek!” she said, just like earlier.

“Spencer.” He said, with no change in tone.

“That was really weird. It’s like you knew that I was looking for you.”

Derek nodded, shrugging his shoulders.

“How did you know?”

“Let’s call it a hunch. Did you need something?” He asked, even though he had overheard her conversation with Stiles and already knew what she was going to ask.

“I’m sorry about earlier. I always seem to speak without thinking when I’m nervous.”

“Nervous?”

Spencer’s heart jumped when he took a step towards her.

“What are you nervous about?”

“Nothing.” She said, remembering that she was technically still on her date with Stiles. “Do you think that your friend would mind completely if you bailed? I was wondering if you could take a friend home. My other friend, Scott, inhaler kid, got sick. So he left, leaving his date here without a ride. And we’ve got to go check on him, so we can’t take her home because her house is out of the way from his. And there’s this best friend, no matter what thing - ”

“Spencer.” He said, calming her with his two hands on each of her shoulders. “Spencer. It’s okay. I’ll take your friend home.”

Spencer smiled big and immediately jumped up to hug his neck. “Thank you.”

Derek froze, but molded his arms around her. Derek noticed when the hug lasted a bit too long and put her down.

Spencer shifted nervously, but kept her gaze on Derek.

“Spencer!” Stiles shouted. She didn’t move or look the other way. She remained connected with Derek. That is until Derek turned his head to the front of the house. Spencer frowned, but bit her lip to hide it from Derek.

“You should go.” Derek told her.

Spencer nodded. She turned to leave, but Derek stopped her by her arm.

He looked her up and down noticing that again she was in a golden yellow dress, just like that day ten years ago. His face softened, showing his weakness again. “Be careful.”

Spencer smiled when he showed her that he cared. Even though she was confused as to why she should be careful, she nodded. “I will be.” She said, placing a hand on his that was still wrapped around her arm.

“Spencer!” Stiles shouted again.

“Do you have a phone?” Spencer asked Derek.

He shook his head.

“You should get one.” Spencer wasn’t normally this forward, but she felt comfortable enough to be. She was unsure how she was able to quickly get comfortable about Derek, but she really wasn’t thinking too hard on it.

“I’ll work on it.”

Spencer smiled, and turned to job back to Stiles. She grabbed his arm and dragged him to the Jeep.

“What took you so long? Scott could be dead right now.”

“I was only gone a second. I needed to get someone to take Allison home.”

“Who’d you get?” Stiles asked as they climbed into the Jeep.

Spencer hesitated. She texted Allison that Derek would be taking her and put her phone in one of the cup holders. “Is it really important?” She said, hoping that he would let it go.

“No, I guess not.” He answered, a little hurt.

“Sorry if I snapped.” She faced the window, attempting to block herself from anymore conversation. Stiles grabbed her hand and laced his fingers with hers. He didn’t say anything. Neither did she, but he squeezed her hand signifying that everything was okay. Spencer smiled and continued to stare out the window. When they got to Scott’s house, they let themselves in and ran upstairs. Stiles tried to open the door, but Scott closed him out.

“Go away.” Scott said, through his teeth.

“Scott, It’s us. Let us in. Scott.” Stiles pushed on the door harder. “Scott, we can help.”

“No!” Scott shouted. “Listen. You gotta find Allison.”

“Scott, she’s fine.” Spencer called through the door. “I got her a ride from the party. I apologized for you. She’s okay. What’s wrong with you?”

Scott screamed. “I think I know who it is.”

Spencer didn’t understand. She gave Stiles a confused look.

Stiles looked back sympathetically, but snapped back to Scott. “Who? Urgh, Scott, will you just let me in? We can try - ” Stiles pushed on the door.

“It’s Derek! Derek Hale. He’s the other werewolf.”

“Werewolf?” Spencer shouted, shocked.

“He’s the one that bit me.” Scott continued. “He’s the one that killed that girl in the woods.”

“Scott, what the hell are you talking about? This is crazy. Derek didn’t kill that girl. He’s the one that I asked to take Allison home.”

Scott screamed.

Stiles pushed on the door another time and it swung open, making Stiles fall to the ground. The room was empty.

“Where did he go?” she asked, leaning over his bed to look out the window.

Stiles grumbled and cursed. “Okay. Okay, okay, okay. This is okay.”

“What’s okay?”

Stiles sighed. “The werewolf joke? Not a joke. Scott’s a werewolf. So is Derek. Derek killed that girl.”

“Stiles, that’s not funny! You can’t just accuse someone of murder because you feel threatened by him.”

“Spencer, listen!” Stiles grabbed her by her shoulders, a little too roughly. “This is what I’ve been so occupied with these past few days. The signs are all there. It’s a full moon, and Scott is changing. Now. Worse, he might kill. Think about it, Spence. Why would I lie to you?”

“You already lied to me. You kept this from me.” She said, furrowing her brow.

Stiles felt a crack in his own heart.

“How am I ever supposed to believe you now?” Spencer asked, stripping herself of Allison’s sweater and exchanging it for one of Scott’s heavier sweatshirts. She rushed out of his room.

Stiles followed but stopped on the stairs. “Where are you going?” He called down the stairs.

“To find Scott. And then find Derek.” She said, slamming the front door as she left.

@#$%$#@

Stiles cursed himself when he let Spencer walk out the door. He hated himself for lying to Spencer. He couldn’t dwell on his thoughts though. He decided to take the initiative and go check on Allison. He drove quickly, ignoring speed limit signs to Allison’s house. He nearly fell out of his Jeep when he got there. He ran up to the door and rang the doorbell, but he got impatient and started knocking on the door.

“Come on! Come on!” Spencer knocked a few more times. Finally the door opened. “Hi! Mrs. Argent! You have no idea who I am.” He pointed out.

She nodded.

“Uh, I’m a friend of your daughter’s. Uh… Look, this is gonna sound kinda crazy. Well, really crazy. You know what? Crazy’s not even the wor - ”

“Allison!” Mrs. Argent called up the stairs. “It’s for you!” Allison appeared at the railing on the second floor. When she saw Stiles, she gave him a pissed off look. Stiles let out a huge sigh.

@$#%$#@

Spencer ran through the woods. She hid her fear with the adrenaline. She thought that Scott would try to find Derek, after she told him Derek gave Allison a ride home. Derek’s house was deeper in the woods than she remembered from past adventures with the boys. Not to mention how dark it was. Spencer really wanted to find Scott and go back home. Preferably her own bed, at her own house, away from Stiles. He had kept the werewolf probably from her. They were supposed to tell each other everything. It wasn’t like she believed him anyway. The whole werewolf thing was only a joke.

“Where is she?!” She heard, jumping, not expecting to hear anyone out here, this far from the house.

“She’s safe. From you.”

Spencer followed the two voices: Scott and Derek. The wind blew, moving her hair in front of her face. She groaned, grabbing a hair tie from her wrist and putting her hair in a messy bun.

“Spencer?” Derek called.

She finally came into view of the two boys. She sighed in relief, looking to Derek.

Derek moved to her side. “What the hell are you doing out here?” He asked with a hard expression.

“I was looking for Scott.” She said, looking toward Scott. She jumped back when she saw his face. He was different. He looked like a wolf.

Scott growled.

Derek stepped in front of Spencer, shielding her from Scott.

“Scott?” Spencer asked

Scott growled again. “What did you do with Allison?!”

“Scott are you okay?” she asked, then looked to Derek. “What’s wrong with him?!”

“Shh! Quiet!” Derek shushed them both. He listened closely through the silence. “Too late. They’re already here. Spencer, jump on my shoulders.”

“What?” she questioned. “Who’s here?”

“Just jump!” Derek said forcefully. Spencer did and Derek caught her legs when she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. Derek got weak and almost dropped her when he smelled her scent so closely. He straightened up quickly. He needed to keep her safe and that’s all he really cared about at the moment. “Don’t scream. No matter what happens.”

Spencer nodded, feeling a need to listen to him.

“Scott, run!” Derek ran off with Spencer on his back. She held on as tightly as she could.

Scott didn’t understand Derek’s order. He didn’t move. He looked up and saw a bright light. Next he knew, he was pinned against a tree with an arrow in his arm. He screamed out.

Spencer turned back to see him against a tree writhing, trying to get free. “Derek, you have to stop.” she pleaded.

“No, I have to get you safe.” He growled.

“Please! Help him! He’s the one with a freaking arrow in his arm.”

“He’ll heal.”

“Dammit, Derek. If you don’t stop, I will scream. And if they’re after him because he’s a werewolf, imagine what would happen if they hear a girl screaming on a full moon. They’ll find me with you: someone who was just questioned for the murder of a girl out here.”

Derek sighed, but stopped anyway. He put her down next to a tree. “Zip up the sweatshirt. Tuck in your dress. It’s too bright of a color, they’ll find you.”

Spencer listened to him, doing so quickly.

“Stay down. I’ll come back for you.” Derek said, putting her hood up over her red hair. “Stay hidden. Be careful.”

Spencer nodded.

Derek ran back to free Scott, breaking the arrow. Scott finally was smart and started running in the same direction that Derek did. He ran to the spot where he left Spencer. He didn’t even bother waiting for her to get up before he scooped her up in his arms. She tied her hands behind his neck, watching his face as he ran. He seemed so determined and in a rush to keep her safe. She smiled.

Derek slowed to a stop in a place where he thought they would be safe. Thankfully, Scott had changed back to normal.

“Who were they?” Scott asked.

Derek put Spencer down but still stood in between her and Scott.

Spencer untucked the dress from her leggings and straightened it out.

“Hunters.” Derek informed. “They have kind of been hunting us for centuries.”

“Us?!” Scott said, shocked. “You mean you! You did this to me!”

Derek shook his head and smirked. “Is it really so bad, Scott? That you can see better. Hear more clearly, move faster than any human could ever hope? You’ve been given something most people would kill for. The bite is a gift.”

Spencer was still being Derek, trying to let everything sink in.

“I don’t want it.” Scott said.

“You will. And you’re gonna need me if you want to learn how to control it.” Derek said. “So you and me, Scott. We’re brothers now.”

The three stood silently for a moment.

“Okay, enough with the TV drama.” Spencer bursted. “Does either one of you want to fill me in?” Spencer stepped forward. Derek tried to step between her and Scott, but Spencer gave him a threatening look and he backed off. She turned to Scott. “Scott?”

“Stiles was right. When he said that he thought I was a werewolf. I am.” Scott said. “Derek is, too.”

Spencer’s head whipped back to Derek. “Why didn’t you change then? Why did you try and hurt me like Scott did?”

Derek face changed to an angered expression. “Scott hurt you?” He said between his teeth.

Scott took a step away from Derek, sensing his extreme anger.

Spencer pulled down on her sleeve subconsciously. “It was an accident. I’m okay. All was forgiven. So you can put your teeth away.” Then Spencer remembered. “Stiles?” she asked, worried. “What is he?”

“Human.” Derek answered.

She sighed, relieved.

“You should get home.” Derek said to Spencer.

“She nodded, but changed her mind quickly. “Scott, can you give us a minute?” Spencer asked.

Scott looked to Derek threateningly. “Like you could take him.” Spencer said sarcastically. “I’ll be fine.” She looked back to Derek. “He won’t hurt me.”

Scott nodded, walking off a little bit.”

“There was no point in that, you know.” Derek said, with the corner of his mouth turned up a little bit. “He can still hear us.”

Spencer shrugged. “Still. It’s polite not to eavesdrop, Scott.” She said, knowing that he’d be listening.

Derek smirked at her attitude.

“So, you’re a werewolf?” Spencer asked him.

Derek straightened his face and nodded.

“Do you change, like Scott?”

Another nod.

“Do you kill?”

Nod.

“Humans? Did you kill that girl?”

“What do you think?” He asked, walking to the other side of her.

“I don’t think that you did.” Spencer said, swallowing her fear. “I don’t think that you could.” She said with more confidence. “I mean, you haven’t killed me.”

“Yet.”

The two heard a growl from off in the distance.

“Yet.” Spencer agreed. “But you won’t. One more question.”

Derek nodded for her to go on.

“Are you alone?”

Derek’s face softened. He couldn’t lie to her. Having her stand in front of him right now, being straight up with him, hardly knowing who he is. It was just like ten years ago in a little golden yellow dress. “Yes.”

Spencer bit on the inside of her cheek. “You don’t have to be…”

Derek’s face hardened again, but there was a light in his eyes. He nodded for the last time.

“Work on getting that phone today.” She said, noticing it was starting to get a little brighter through the trees.

“I will.” He promised her.

Spencer smiled. “Scott! Let’s go.”

Scott appeared in the next second. He grabbed Spencer’s hand and led them up to the road. Spencer looked back once to find Derek had gone. The two walked along the side of the road until the sun started to rise.

“What was that?” Scott asked.

“What?”

“That thing with Derek. You two seemed really close.”

Spencer shook her head and furrowed her brow. “Not really. I barely know him. I was just trying to be friendly.”

Scott nodded, slowly, not believing her.

Spencer bit her lip. “Don’t say anything to Stiles. He’ll read too much into it. Plus, he kept the werewolf thing from me, so I think it’s only fair.”

Scott put his hands in the air defensively.

“I’m not getting in between the two of you.”

Spencer nodded, thankful to have an understanding best friend. Thankfully for the two of them, soon after that, they heard the rattle of Stiles’ Jeep. Spencer let out a sigh. The friends climbed in. Scott let Spencer sit in the front.

Stiles reached over and hugged Spencer, glad to see her in one piece. “You know, leaving your phone in my Jeep probably wasn’t the smartest thing you ever done.”

Spencer rolled her eyes at Stiles’ smart ass comment.

“But I’m glad to see that you’re okay.”

“I’m still mad that you didn’t talk to me about everything. But I’m glad that you aren’t one of them.” Spencer hugged him back. Then Stiles pulled away and began driving back into town.

“You know what actually worries me the most?” Scott asked, finally including himself in the conversation

“If you say Allison, I’m gonna punch you in the head.” Stiles threatened.

“Please. I’ll whack him with a crowbar.” Spencer included. Scott and Stiles both gave her weird looks. “What? He’ll heal.”

Scott sighed. “She probably hates me now.”

Stiles and Spencer groaned.

“I don’t think she does, Scott.” Spencer told him.

“You might wanna come up with a pretty amazing apology though. Or you know, you could just…tell her the truth and revel in the awesomeness in the fact that you’re a freaking werewolf.”

Scott gave Stiles a disapproving look.

“I’m not sure that he should.” Spencer said, wisely. Stiles rolled his eyes. “I think we should keep the between us.”

“Urgh, okay. That’s a bad idea.” Stiles admitted.

Scott nodded, pursing his lips.

“Hey. We’ll get through this.” He said to Scott, squeezing Spencer’s hand.

Spencer smiled.

“Come on, if I have to, I’ll chain you up myself on full moon nights and feed you live mice. I had a boa once. I could do it.”

Spencer laughed. “Oh yeah?” She said. “And what happened to that boa?”

“Not the point!”

“It is totally the point! You can’t a snake alive! A snake is one of the few pets that requires very little maintenance. If you can’t keep that alive, how do you expect to keep a human-slash-puppy alive?”

“Scott trusts me, right, Scott?”

Scott looked back and forth between Stiles and Spencer, stopping at her smiling. “We had better think of another plan.” Scott said, to her.

Spencer burst out laughing.

Stiles gave his two friends a nasty glare.

“I’m joking!” Scott exclaimed. Stiles drove Scott back home and continued onto his own house. There was a comfortable silence between Spencer and Stiles. Spencer leaned her head towards the window and quickly dozed off.

Stiles shook her awake when they got to his house. “Spencer.” He said.

She slowly opened her eyes.

“Come on. Let’s get you up to bed.”

Spencer nodded. She almost stumbled out of the car and up the stairs. She threw herself onto Stiles bed and closed her eyes. When she heard Stiles start up his computer, her eyes opened quickly. “Stiles?” She mumbled.

Stiles turned in his chair. “Hmm?” His eyebrows were raised in a questioning way.

“Lay with me, please.”

Stiles smiled through his nervousness and nodded. As soon as he laid down, Spencer cuddled up to him with an arm around his waist and her head on his chest. She listened to his heartbeat until drifting off to sleep.

@$#%$#@

By the time Spencer woke up, it was dark outside again. She didn’t even realize that she had been that tired. When she fully opened her eyes, she realized that Stiles wasn’t in the bed with her anymore. She also saw that the room had a faint, flickering glow to it. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes so she could see better. She looked down at her hands and noticed black on her two forefingers. She groaned realizing that she had the make-up from last night all over her face. She sat up in bed noticing that the flickering had come from a line of candles out of Stiles’ room.

Spencer smiled and laughed quietly. “Stiles?” she called. No answer. “Stiles, come on. What is this?” Again, no answer. She groaned. She got up and reached for her duffel for a make-up remover wipe. She quickly washed her face and proceeded to follow the trail of candles. The candles led her to the Stilinski living room where Stiles was sitting on the couch with his laptop, searching through his iTunes. Spencer cleared her throat behind him.

Stiles jumped, nearly dropping his laptop.

“Spencer!” He exclaimed, standing, looking around, nervously. “Uh, surprised.” He smiled.

“What is this?” Spencer asked.

“I promised you I would make up for last night. I’ve got candles for mood lighting. Pepperoni and bacon pizza, mountain dew. And finally,” Stiles leaned over to his computer to press play. “mood music.”

“Mood music?” Spencer questioned.

“It’s too much, isn’t it?” Stiles’ face fell. “I’m sorry. I just felt really bad for last night.”

“No! Stiles, it’s okay!” Spencer said, moving closer to him. “It’s sweet. Thank you.”

Stiles sighed. “Good, yeah. Awesome.” Stiles looked around the room again. “God! You’re probably insanely hungry. Eat!”

Spencer smiled and moved to sit on the couch. Stiles opened the pizza box, and started reaching for a slice. Spencer pulled Stiles’ chin and moved to kiss his cheek.

Stiles blushed. “Uh, pizza.” He asked.

Spencer smiled and nodded, taking a slice. They ate the whole pie to themselves quickly. Stiles hooked his laptop up to the speakers in the room. He held his hand out to Spencer. “Dance with me.”

“But I danced with you last night.” Spencer complained, smirking, but grabbed his hand anyway. He pulled her up and they immediately wrapped their arms around each other, swaying to the music. “Have I said thank you yet?”

“Yeah. Maybe. I think so.” He said, nodding and smiling.

“Stiles, I don’t think I’ve thanked you properly.”

Stiles cocked his head to the side.

Spencer smiled. “You’ve never kissed anyone.” She said.

Stiles swallowed and shook his head nervously. She moved her fingers to his face, touching his cheek, then moving down to her level. He was nervous and shaking a little.

“Me neither.”

Stiles smiled, closing the gap between their lips.

For Stiles, it was as if the ground shook and everything got better. The butterflies in his stomach were going insane probably with help from the Adderall he had taken earlier.

For Spencer though, she still felt like something was missing. She enjoyed the kiss, but she couldn’t stop Derek from coming into her thoughts.