Love's Spiral

~232

JUNE

The bell attached to the door chimed as Spencer pushed it open. She had to say that she missed the sound. It had been a while since Spencer had been here. She waited in the lobby until the doctor came to let her in.

When Deaton appears in the doorway, he looked genuinely surprised to see her. “Spencer.”

Spencer is a little embarrassed that it’s been so long since she had visited or even came to work for that matter. “Hey, Doc.” She said quietly.

“To what do I owe the pleasure?”

“I was wondering if I could talk to you about something.” She looked down at her leather-bound family book in her hands. “It’s kind of important.”

Deaton reached for the gate to open it. “Come on in.”

The two walk quietly into the back examination room. Spencer is too quiet. She sat herself up onto the exam table and stared down at her shoes.

“You came to talk?” Deaton asked.

“Yeah.” Spencer took a deep breath. “Do - do you think that when Derek bit me that maybe some of my powers might have stuck around?”

Deaton thought, leaning against a counter across from her, and folded his arms over his chest. “I think it’s a possibility. But I also think you already know the real answer to your question.”

“I do.” She said with a small smile. “I just want to make sure I’m not going crazy before I tell you what’s happening.” Spencer paused, looking at her book. “And no one in my family has ever done what I did, except for my father. As far as this book goes, we’re the only emissaries that asked to be changed. So, I don’t have much to go off of when it comes to what’s going on with me.”

“What is happening to you?”

Spencer took another deep breath. “I’m having these really vivid dreams. Or sometimes nightmares. I think I’m dreaming things before they actually happen. Like some sort of warning or something.”

Deaton furrowed his brow. “Interesting. Have you had these dreams before you were bitten?”

Spencer shook her head. “Not really. There were those two times where I dreamt about what was happening to Derek. When he got shot and when Kate was holding him hostage. But this isn’t the same.”

“Give me an example of your dreams now.” Deaton suggested.

“Okay. Um, remember when we found Derek at his house and the hole in the floor?”

Deaton nodded. “When Derek resurrected Peter.”

“As unintentional as that was, I had a dream about it the night before. I dreamt that Peter was in the hole and that he came back to life.” She shrugged, hardly believing that she had the dream or that Peter was even back.

“In your book does it say anything about precognitive abilities?”

Spencer’s brows pushed together in confusion. “Precognitive meaning psychic?”

“Essentially.”

“Doc, I’m not psychic.”

“No, but maybe you’re book says something to what abilities you could possibly have.”

Spencer scoffed. “Your guess is as good as mine.”

“Why don’t you find out?” Deaton asked.

Spencer stared at him. “What? Now?”

Deaton nodded.

“It’s been awhile since I’ve read it. I don’t remember page numbers.”

“You’ve been able to find what you need before.”

“But I can’t do it anymore.” Spencer insisted. “I’m a werewolf. I’m not a witch. And if this is something that’s always gonna be around, I’m not sure what to do.” Spencer groaned. “This nightmare is never ending. I can’t do it, Doc.” She slammed the book down on the table next to her. “I - ” Spencer was cut off by her cell phone ringing. She pulled her phone out to see a call from Stiles.

“Do you need to get that?”

“No.” Spencer said, ignoring the call. She thought for a moment about her friends. Spencer wondered if they were okay since she hadn’t seen or talked to them in over a month. She cleared her throat. “How is Scott?”

Deaton furrowed his brow. “You haven’t seen him?”

Spencer shook her head.

Deaton nodded. “He’s okay.”

“Good.” Spencer jumped down from the table and grabbed her book.

“Is that it?”

“Well, you weren’t really much help with my dreams.”

“I’m sorry.” Deaton said.

Spencer shook her head. “Just means I have another week of reading to do.” She said, holding up the book. Spencer sighed. “Just look after Scott? He’s, uh, he’s probably not…” She trailed off, thinking.

“Spencer?”

Spencer glanced up at him. “Just look after him.” Spencer told him, before leaving through the front door.

!@#$#@!

Spencer returned to the loft, sliding open the large door to the main room. She smelled the air around her, sensing that something was off. Someone else was in the loft. Someone that wasn’t Derek or Isaac. Spencer knew their scents and knew that they were out searching for Erica and Boyd. She growled, quickly shifting.

“Calm down.” A voice said, coming from behind a giant pillar.

Spencer groaned when she saw Peter.

“What? Did you think you were going to kill me?”

“It’s something I think about on a daily basis.” She didn’t let up on her wolf.

Peter shook his head. “I’m not sure why. I can be an asset to Derek’s pack.”

Spencer scoffed. “Yeah, or just an ass.”

“Could you at least put the claws away? I come in peace.”

“Why should I believe you?”

“Because I know you’re looking for Derek’s other betas.” Peter said.

Spencer’s defensive face weakened and she slowly shifted back to normal. “Do you know something that we don’t?”

“No. But I might be able to push you in a direction you might not have thought of before.”

Spencer debated in her mind.

“Obviously it’s up to you. I don’t care what happens to those kids.” Peter said, walking towards her. “But if you decide you want my help - ”

“I don’t want your help.” Spencer growled.

“Then it’s settled.” He took a step towards the door, towards Spencer.

Spencer drew out her claws and grabbed Peter’s arm, digging her claws in to hurt him. “I may not want your help, but we need it.” She said defeated.

Peter grinned.

“This doesn’t mean that you’re in the pack, and I’m not putting in a good word for you.”

“Fair enough.”

Spencer took her hand back. “Tell me.”

Peter took a step back from the girl and held his arm where her claws came from. “In searching for these betas, you’ve all been thinking like an alpha. Where would the alphas take them?”

“Are you just going to tell me things I already know?”

Peter ignored her sarcastic remark. “But when I was the alpha, when I needed a small amount of advice, I turned to your father.”

Spencer tensed up at the mention of her father. “What does he have to do with this?”

“The alphas may be the ones making the decisions. But there could also be someone helping them decide.” Peter paused. “Someone who they trust and divulge every little secret to.”

Spencer furrowed her brow. “You’re talking about emissaries. Do the alphas have an emissary?”

Peter shrugged. “I don’t know if they do or not. I’m just saying that if you tried to think like an emissary instead of like an alpha, you might have more luck.”

“How do you think like an emissary?”

“Listen, princess…” Peter started, sarcasm dripping through his words, “If I have to answer that for you, you may never find them.”

Spencer scoffed. “Okay, sure, I was Derek’s emissary. And technically I still am but I have no idea what it means to think like one.” Spencer shrugged. “And thanks to you, I didn’t really have a role model. You turned the only person who could have taught me into a psychopath just like you.”

“May I remind you, Brian was his own person. He made his decisions. He wanted the bite, and I got someone to give it to him.”

Spencer shook her head. “He made that decision probably because you manipulated him into doing it. My father was happy. He was a good man and you twisted into his head, all so you could have that power someday.”

Peter denied that. “You didn’t know your father like I did.”

Spencer laughed. “Is this the point where you tell me some sappy story about how you and my father were best friends and that’s the real reason he wanted to be changed?”

“Your father was trying to protect you. You were his daughter. He didn’t want something bad to happen to you. He needed to defend his family.”

“Are you really gonna preach to me about this? About family?” Spencer asked, becoming slightly angry. “What do you know about family? The only family you have left is Derek and you are so far off the rails that he doesn’t want anything to do with you.”

Peter put a hand to his heart. “Ouch. That stings.”

“That’s the truth.” Spencer spat. “So, don’t you dare start spouting off nonsense about my father.”

“While we’re still on the subject of Brian Garner: How did it feel to kill him?”

Spencer narrowed her eyes at him. “Get out.”

Peter ignored her demand. “How did it feel to take his life? The man who gave you your life.”

Spencer’s eyes flashed gold. “Get. The. Hell. Out.” She said, through labored breaths as she tried to control herself.

Peter grinned at her. “Think about it.” He said, finally walking towards the door and leaving.

Spencer let out some breaths, but still wasn’t able to control her shift. She ran upstairs into Isaac’s room, hoping being around her anchor’s scent would help calm her. Spencer sat down on his bed, thinking about everything Peter had just said to her. He was right about one thing. Spencer hadn’t thought about how killing her dad made her feel. It just happened, and she didn’t think much about it after that. Spencer knew that she had to kill him, but he was still her father.

Spencer’s phone chiming from her pocket took her away from thoughts of her father. She looked down at the Caller ID. Lydia. Spencer shook her head, sending the call to voicemail, and putting her phone on the bed beside her. She couldn’t do it. She couldn’t think about her father. About Stiles or Lydia. Spencer had to find Boyd and Erica. She had to do it in a way she knew how.

“Maybe I did miss something.” She said out loud, looking up at the ceiling, hoping the answer was there. “Maybe there was more there. That I missed.” Spencer picked herself up from the bed and rushed out the door.

!@#$#@!

When Spencer got to the clearing in the woods, she circled it. The scents were mostly faded now and it’s riddled with her own pack’s. Spencer began to make a bigger radius in places they hadn’t really stepped yet. When she smelt something new, she stopped in her tracks. Spencer looked off in that direction, unsure what was out there, but followed it anyway. She tracked the scent until she came upon an old warehouse.

Spencer entered the building and looked around. She could tell that no one had been there for years, but she could sense something. Something bad happened here. Spencer decided that she didn’t want to be there anymore and turned to leave. In one of the metal panels of the wall, she noticed something. A spiral. Drawn from claws.

Spencer’s eyes widened when she remembered what it meant. She didn’t feel safe, and at least wanted to let Derek know where she was, so she reached for her phone in her pocket. It was then that Spencer realized she’d left her phone in Isaac’s room back at the loft.

“What are you doing here?” A voice said behind her.

Spencer turned towards the voice. There stood a boy who looked her age with light brown hair. Spencer furrowed her brow. “Who are you?”

The boy smirked, flashing his eyes red.

Spencer eyes widened and she quickly turned back to leave again. She knew she couldn’t go up against an alpha. Before Spencer could reach the door, the boy stopped her. She skidding to a stop, almost falling. “Shit, you’re fast.”

“I am fast.” The voice was still behind her and the boy in front of her smirked. “But I’m not that fast.”

Spencer turned her head behind her, and then back to the front. She looked back and forth until she grasped what she was in the middle of. She swallowed her fear. “Normally this only happens in dreams.” She joked with a weak smile.

Both boys growled, and the one by the door flashed his eyes red.

“Technically this happens in my dreams, too.” Spencer willed herself to shift, and thankfully (and unlike her dream) it worked. She looked between the two, trying to decide who might be the weaker one. Spencer made her mind up to go for the shorter of the two, the one blocking her exit. Even still, it was a bad call.

Spencer swiped at him with her claws, but he managed to dodge them all.

The boy quickly figured out her fighting patter and was able to predict her next move. He caught her arm, twisting her around and making her face his twin.

Spencer fought against his hold. “Let me go.” She ordered. “Let me go or take me to my friends.”

The taller twin came towards her, shaking his head “Your friends?”

“Yeah.” Spencer spat. “Erica and Boyd. One’s really tall and one’s really blonde. I know you took them.”

“Well, we did take them. But we’re not taking you to them.” He got close enough to Spencer that she could feel his breath on her face.

She tried to force her head away from the alpha, but the brother’s hold tightened. Spencer shook her head. “You can’t take me. Derek will find me and then…” Spencer smiled. “Then he’ll kill you.”

“Which is why we’re not taking you.” Before Spencer could blink, his hand was on the side of her neck. “This might hurt.” He warned.

Spencer tried one final time to wriggle out of the twin’s hold, but was unsuccessful. “What are you doing?”

The alpha didn’t answer. He plunged his claws into the back of her neck and then everything went dark.

!@#$#@!

Spencer woke up. She wasn’t sure how many hours it had been. She clutched her head and groaned. “Oh, what the hell happened?” Spencer squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. She let out a long breath before opening her eyes to try to get her bearings. It was dark. Really dark. Spencer glanced around, seeing she was still in the warehouse. “Urgh, did I fall asleep again?”

Spencer pushed her to her feet. Her entire body ached and cracked as she did. Spencer stretched out. “That is the last time I fall asleep not in a bed.” She decided that walking back to the loft was a better option than running.

When Spencer arrived, she rode the elevator to the loft floor, leaning against the wall the entire time. When she slid the large door open, she saw Derek standing behind it. Spencer couldn’t tell whether he looked more relieved or angry.

Spencer scoffed. “If you knew I was there, you could have opened the door for me.” She walked around Derek. “At least try to be chivalrous.”

“I’ve been calling you for hours.” Derek stated.

Spencer furrowed her brow and pat her pants’ pockets. She shook her head. “I must have lost my phone."

Derek threw something at her and she caught it. It was her phone. “You left it in Isaac’s room. Where the hell have you been?”

Spencer tried to remember, but a lot of what she remembered was black. “Uh, I don’t really know. I - I think I was looking for Erica and Boyd. But then there’s nothing. I m-might have fallen asleep again.” She shook her head. “I woke up in some old building. A distillery or something in the middle of the woods.”

Derek pursed his lips, furrowed his brow, and breathed deeply, controlling his heart rate.

“Derek, I’m sorry. I just - I don’t remember.”

“Alphas.” Derek said.

“What? No.” Spencer insisted. “There wasn’t anybody with me. I was by myself.”

“They made you forget.” He turned away from her walking towards the big window.

“What? Like they drugged me? Or put a spell on me?” Spencer thought for a moment. “Do you think they have a witch?”

Derek shook his head. “They don’t have a witch. Alphas can take memories.”

“Since when?!”

Derek turned sharply back towards her. “This whole time, Spencer!”

Spencer cringed away from his outburst, letting him take a breath before she spoke. “Do you think I found them? Do you think I found the alphas?”

“I think you found one of them.”

Spencer shook her head, in complete shock. She could have been kidnapped herself. Or killed. “Oh my god.” She gasped. She walked forward, towards Derek, expecting him to wrap her in his arms. Spencer furrowed her brow when he didn’t and pulled back. “Derek?”

“I’m not sure we should be doing this anymore.”

Spencer took in a sharp breath as her heart plunged into her stomach. “Are you kidding?” She took a few steps away from him. “I - I was just - I was violated. My memories were stolen. I don’t know what they did or what they took. This alpha could have kidnapped me just as easily as they kidnapped Erica and Boyd.”

“Yeah, exactly.”

“What? So one screw up on my part and that’s it?”

“You didn’t just screw up, Spencer. You could have been killed.”

Spencer shook her head. “You can’t do this.”

Derek let out a slow breath. “They probably know my weaknesses now. And they can use it against me.”

Spencer scoffed. “If that’s what you’re worried about, they already found it. They kidnapped your pack.”

“And they could still take you.” Derek looked at her harshly.

Spencer opened her mouth shocked. “You’re worried about me. You’re worried about what they’ll do to me to get to you.” She realized.

Derek shrugged. “Kate did it. These guys are no different. They’re actually worse.”

“Just because we stop hanging around each other doesn’t mean they’ll think you changed your mind about what your weaknesses are.”

“Maybe not.” Derek agreed. “But it’s what we’re doing.”

Spencer nodded her head, biting her lip to stop her from crying. “Okay.” She turned and walked back towards the exit.

“Where are you going?” Derek asked.

“Away from you.” She said between her teeth as she kept walking.

“It’s almost midnight.”

“Let’s just hope the alphas don’t come after me again.” Spencer turned around, holding her arms out. “But at least they don’t really have a reason to anymore.” She turned back and left the loft.

!@#$#@!

The only place Spencer believed to find comforting was the graveyard. She had been sitting under the large angel gravestone for hours without even realizing it. Spencer checked her phone for the time and found that she had two unheard voicemails. She unlocked her phone and listened to the one from Stiles first.

“Hey, Spence. I was just wondering what’s going on with you. And, also, where you are. I’m at the subway station, you know, where you used to live, and it’s empty. Like completely empty. No sign of life except for that weird looking rat thing. What the hell is that?” Stiles paused. “Anyway, just give me a call.”

Spencer rolled her eyes and quickly deleted the voicemail. She listened to the other from Lydia.

“You know, this transition thing with the supernatural hasn’t exactly been easy. I feel like maybe if I had my two best friends, things would be so much simple, but since Allison’s in France and you are AWOL, I guess I’ll have to deal. We need to go shopping because I need some girl time. Call me back. Soon.”

“So, it’s nearly a full moon…”

Spencer looked up at the new voice in front of her. It was Isaac.

“And you’re hanging out in a graveyard. It’s like our own horror movie.”

Spencer showed Isaac a small smile. “We don’t need to be in a graveyard to be in a horror movie, Isaac.”

Isaac sat down next to her. “Yeah, but then my witty remark would mean absolutely nothing.”

Spencer sighed. “Did Derek send you?”

“Nah, I was… I was here to see my brother. Why?”

Spencer shook her head, not wanting to even think about it. “Do you visit him often?”

“I haven’t.” Isaac admitted. “Until you asked me about him a few weeks ago. Then I started coming more."

“What about your dad?” Spencer turned her head towards him. “Do you visit him?”

Isaac scoffed. “Do you visit your dad?”

Spencer smiled and shook her head. “Point taken.” She thought for a moment. “But he was - ”

“If you’re gonna tell me that he was still my dad regardless of what he did, you might as well not.” Isaac met her eyes. “Why are you asking me this?”

Spencer licked her lips. “It’s just something that I was thinking about earlier. Y’know, like, what if my dad wasn’t really the bad guy?” She asked. “What if Peter turned him into that and I killed him without even giving him a chance to change?”

Isaac studied her. “It’s finally caught up to you, huh?”

Spencer furrowed her brow.

“That you killed your dad. I mean, you never really talked about it and when you said you, you kind of just glazed over it like it was no big deal.”

“Because it wasn’t a big deal.” Spencer promised. “My dad killed people. He almost killed me.”

“They why are you letting this get to you?” Isaac asked.

Spencer shrugged, looking down at her hands. “Because he was still my dad.” She swallowed the lump in her throat. “I used to look up to him. Even after I thought he lost his memory and he started having his fake outbursts that I thought were my fault. I still went back home because of him. Thinking maybe after that outburst, everything would be different. Everything would go back to normal.”

Isaac and Spencer sat in silence for a moment before he spoke. “Believe it or not, I used to think the same thing. On good days, when my dad was actually my dad. But then I’d end up spending the night in the freezer. To think day, I can’t stand small spaces.”

Spencer looked at him and he turned his gaze away. “You know, if you ever wanna talk about what he did, we can switch roles and you can complain about your life for a while.”

Isaac smiled. “I may take you up on that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! So I definitely am still going to try to post even though there’s no Teen Wolf. Key word there will be TRY because I’m losing my inspiration. I’m watching Season 3A on repeat though, so hopefully that’ll do it. So, don’t expect a chapter, just be thankful when I post one.

To kasey_n_landon: First, thanks for commenting! I hope you enjoyed what little alpha interaction I had in this chapter!

To shelbyvengeance: I definitely see that Isaac’s always there. But I feel like they have that in common, that was mentioned again in this chapter, that their fathers were both jackasses.

Last commenter, WhispersInTheTrees: That’s fine! Comment when you need to or can! I like the comments anyway! And continue with the long ones!! // !!!!! Thanks so much!!! I’m so glad you like Spencer!!!! Urgh, I actually screamed as I read that because it’s so dear to me!!! Spencer is so important to me and I hate fics where you could tell that they just stuck a person in there without much thought. She’s her own person and has her own thoughts and lines and feelings. Thank you! // I’m sure we’re not the only ones that ship Isaac and Spencer. But of course, not everyone else who does will comment that they do. That’s their choice, but it’d still be nice to know. // Don’t hurt me after this chapter. After realizing that Spencer hadn’t talked to her other friends this whole time. It’s important to what I have planned for the future. // Scott def should have listened to Stiles. I feel like normally he would have but he had friggin Theo in his ear. (I hate that kid). // I like Parrish. I’m not sure if it’s much else after that. He’s definitely a cinnamon roll who should be protected at all costs.

Thanks everyone for reading! Even you silent readers! Don’t hesitate to message me to talk about things like Teen Wolf or my story or anything that you need to vent about!

Thanks!! :)