Status: Slowly active

Into Your Arms

t e n

I couldn’t breathe, it was impossible. My lungs seemed to have shriveled and my throat closed. Even worse, my stomach churned as I ripped my hand from Harry’s and backed up slowly. He turned to me just as I placed my hand on the wall of a building and bent over. My stomach convulsed as it emptied on the ground before me. Tears streamed down my face as I dry heaved. Harry rubbed my back as he was on the phone with the police. I staggered away from the bile on the floor and slumped to the ground. My eyes landed on the body before me.

I hadn’t liked Ricky. He had changed and done unspeakable things to me. Hell, I’d even hated him but that didn’t mean I didn’t love him. He was the first real love of my life and now he was gone. His vacant eyes stayed fixed on the sky above and the blood around him inched closer to me.

The girl had dropped the gun to the ground and was sitting in a position similar to mine. She had her fingers wound in her hair as she tugged on it violently. Sniffles fell from her nose and I took in her appearance. Her dark brown hair looked disheveled and her cheeks were tear stained. One of the straps of the dress she wore was torn and one of her cheeks were swollen.

“Noel!”

I snapped my eyes away from the girl to Harry. He was crouched in front of me with a nervous expression on his face. Silent tears continued to fall from my eyes as I stared blankly at him. Blue and red lights flashed and sirens echoed through the small alley we were in. Everything following passed in a blur. Paramedics placed Ricky’s body into a body bag and the cops questioned Harry and I. Harry answered for both of us. My eyes stayed glued the girl who was being interrogated. I strained to listen in on what she was saying.

“We left the club…offered to walk me home…slapped me…crazy eyes…tried to rape me…he was a monster.”

Her voice wavered as she hiccuped through sobs. My heart broke for the girl. I knew what it was like when Ricky was determined to get what he wanted. There were nights when I felt like doing exactly what she had done. Harry gripped my shoulders and turned me towards him.

“Come on,” He whispered. “We need to go back to the flat.”

I nodded numbly and allowed him to pull me to the car. My entire body felt numb, I didn’t know how I had managed to move my legs to follow behind Harry. He moved quickly and calmly as he helped me into my seat and buckled my seatbelt for me before jumping into his seat and speeding towards the flat. Everything we passed went by in a blur. How fast were we going? I didn’t know but I knew it was too fast. My heart thumped loudly in my chest as I glanced over at Harry whose knuckles were pale from gripping the steering wheel so tightly. His face had lost all color and his jaw was set tight, the muscles working visibly under his skin. The engine revved louder as he pushed the peddle down further.

“Harry.” I tried to speak but my voice was inaudible. His eyes stayed glued to the road. Clearing my throat and sniffling, I tried again. “Harry.”

He could hear me, I knew he could, but he didn’t take his foot off the gas. His long fingers pulled at his curls for a moment as he continued to ignore me. I whimpered his name once again, the numb tears turning into fearful hiccups.

“Harry!” I sobbed loudly causing him to snap his head towards me. His green eyes widened at the frightened expression on my face. The car slowly began to decelerate and I felt my heartbeat slow with it. I wiped my eyes and nose with the back of my hand, still hiccuping back sobs.

When the car stopped in front of the flat, Harry ripped the keys from the ignition and was at my door before I could undo my seatbelt. He pulled me out of the car and shut the door behind me with his foot as he ushered me into the building. I tried my best to hold myself together as we walked through the lobby and into the lift. Harry stayed silent the whole time, holding my hand tightly as we entered the flat. as soon as the door shut, I felt my knees give out. I sunk to the cold wood floors on my knees. Inhuman sobs fell from my lips as I tried to expel the shattering pain in my heart.

“Noel,” Harry cooed soothingly and tried to pick me up but I shoved him away.

I hid my face in my hands as I tried to quiet the cries that ripped through my throat. My entire body trembled.

“Noel, please,” Harry begged, inching closer to me.

He placed his large hand on my back and I quickly flinched away but before I could get to far, his arms wrapped around me. I let out a strangled cry as I fought against his strong grasp. My hand flew up, catching his cheek. He hissed in pain but kept his tight hold on me. I pushed against his chest with all my strength but he didn’t budge. Finally, exhaustion took over my body and I collapsed into his chest. One of his hands cradled my head against his chest while the other was around my torso. I dug my nails deep into his chest and screamed loudly. He just rocked us slowly on the floor as he whispered to me that I’d be alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
sad chapter is sad. :c almost cried writing this, ok. omg. let me know what you thought in the comments. also thanks to SpencerG for being the killer. she hates him the most so i used her to kill him c: lol yeah.

Noel

Thanks to these lovely commenters!
SpencerG
paint.it.black.
EverybodysFoold
xXLexi_VengencexX
Feelwithyoursoul
hkychk
sunshine'n'sarcasm
unbroken13
platypusmoustache142
autumnreneebabii
freetoflyyyy
Little Miss Dancer;
xomrsmalikxo
Tee.mcgee12