Free Bird.

All I'm ready to do is have some fun

Nikki

Later that night, after a costume change, Chris and I head out to a steakhouse with the rest of the cast. It’s a great way to meet everyone especially since I’m going to be seeing a lot of them the next couple months.

“Ok let’s hear about you.” Robert Downey JR says as we all sit around, drinking and waiting for our food to arrive.

“I’m an army brat, I moved to the Boston area when I was 12 and my first day of school I met this loser named Chris Evans and I haven’t been able to get rid of him since.” I laugh, earning a playful glare from Chris. “But seriously, there isn’t much to me. I dropped out of college my Junior year and have been moving around the country since.”

“Major case of wanderlust huh?” Jeremy asks me with a chuckle.

“Yea, major case of wanderlust.” I smile. “I guess that’s from my childhood. My dad of course was in the army so we moved around all the time. I lived in various countries that normal kids only dream of visiting.”

“Must have been lonely for you?” Mark Ruffalo notes.

“Extremely.” I reply. “I was so happy when my mom got sick of the moving and we ended up living in Boston with my grandmother. It was nice to have some stability in my life.”

“In the form of a boy named Chris.” Chris laughs.

“Keep telling yourself that.” I joke with him. “The Boston area in general kept me from going insane. I just love the area.”

“Then move your ass back there and stay!” Chris exclaims. “Why continue running?”

“I’m not running.” I inform him. “I love traveling, can you blame me?”

“You’re running and you know it.” He sternly says.

“I’m not going to argue with you in the middle of a steakhouse, Chris.” I tell him, trying to keep my cool. “This is exactly way, I hate spending time with you. You keep bugging me about how I want to live my life!” With that I get up out of my chair and storm off; ignoring everyone’s calls.

Jeremy

“You’re really a dick aren’t you?” Robert asks Chris. “She’s your best friend and you act like she’s a child.”

“She is a child running from her past; that’s it.” He informs us. “What she calls wanderlust is really just fear.”

“Fear of what?” I ask him.

“Junior year in college, her boyfriend left her out of the blue; she didn’t take it well.” He explains to us. “She’s dropped out of college and moved out of Boston. She lived in New York for a couple months before falling for a guy that she worked with. She freaked out and moved once again. She’s afraid to let anyone get close to her because she doesn’t want to get her heart broken again.” I let out a sigh before getting up and walking out of the restaurant; time to go find Nikki…
♠ ♠ ♠
Nikki

chapter title credit: Ready to Run by Dixie Chicks

comment&subscribe? The banner for this story is done but just as soon as I uploaded it onto photobucket, the side decided to go down for maintenance so I can't get the banner until it comes back online. Lovely =/