The Elf Princess

Chapter Two: Should Have Been Introduced

When I awoke from my slumber, she was gone. I felt the emptiness in my heart before I even opened my eyes. What had I expected? For her to be waiting here for me; her head muzzled into my chest as she was whisked into dreamland, and I awaken her with a gentle kiss to her soft pink lips. That was what I wished to happen, because she was certainly the love of my young life.

I sighed and sat up on my elbows, looking around for the note that was sure to confirm her departure. It was laying on my chest, taped there as probably something she found slightly humorous. It read:

Dear Prince Ryan,

I am sorry for leaving you once more, Prince Ryan, but as you know, my departure is necessary for us to remain together.

I will see you again tonight as pre-planned.

Love,

Princess Alexandra Alberich


I smiled slightly. I would get to see my love tonight. I frowned at the thought as I looked out my window to the rising sun. Tonight? That seemed so far away. I shook my head. I couldn’t be selfish. I would get all the time in the world with her soon enough. I just had to wait.

I ran a hand through my hair and was disgusted by the greasy texture. I needed to shower. Now.

I headed into the bathroom that was attached to my bedroom and turned on a hot showed. I stripped of my clothes and checked the temperature of the water, making sure it was just right. Once I was sure that it was absolutely perfect, I hopped in. I rolled my shoulders and relaxed under the soothingly warm water.

I thought about my love and everything about her. The way her fiery red hair cascaded down her back to her waist; her sapphire blue eyes that sparkled when she laughed; cream colored skin ghat covered her petite form; her pointed ears and the delicate curve of her neck to her shoulder.

I was done in no time and did not waste any more before hopping out. I didn’t want to get too excited by imagining my beloved Alexa.

There was a knock on my bedroom door as I headed toward the closet. Confusedly, I went to answer it in only a towel.

There stood my mother.

My mother was a kind woman that still held on to the ignorance of childhood, though why I may never know considering that she had already given birth to three children. She was gorgeous, but amounted to nothing when compared to my love. Long dark hair and equally dark eyes along with olive colored skin.

I blushed in embarrassment as Mother stepped back in surprise.

“Ryan,” Mother said slowly, “why aren’t you ready yet?”

“Ready for what?” I asked.

“For the gala!” she said disapprovingly. “At the Elf Kingdom!”

I looked at her in shock. On Elfin land? Would I be able to see my dear Alexa before tonight?

“Where?” I asked, cautious of myself. I couldn’t get too excited.

“At Queen Gloria’s palace!” my mother said excitedly. She always did love dancing, ballroom dancing, and gorgeous dresses. A gala was just her thing.

I smiled. I would be able to see my beautiful Alexa before tonight, and it would be in her own palace, too!

“I’ll be ready in just a minute, dear Mother,” I said and turned to get ready for the Elf Kingdom.

* * * * * * *


I watched as the trees passed by. Elf Country was a very forested area, much like my home. Suddenly the lush greenery was replaced by varying colors, indicating a garden that I knew from Alexa’s descriptions meant that I was entering the front entrance to the palace.

There she was, standing at the castle’s entrance and awaiting our arrival. She shook hands with my cousins, who were completely oblivious that she was their future queen.

I exited the limousine and had to fight the urge to jump and hug her, carrying her away to places unknown to her before.

“Ah, Princess Alexandra,” Mother said as they kissed cheeks. “How nice to finally meet you!”

I looked at my mother in worry, scared to death that she had somehow found out about our affair from one of the servants.

My beloved handled the situation a lot better than I was. “Likewise, Queen Sophia,” she said, smiling back at Mother.

Mother smiled and moved on to Princess Mia, repeating what she had to Alexa.

My father pecked my beauty’s cheek in a friendly gesture. “Congratulations on your engagement,” he said to her.

My father was a man that rarely ever smiled or complimented people, so it came as a huge shock to me when he said that. He was a large man that made Alexa seem smaller than she really was. He had a dark, graying beard and bloodshot dark eyes.

My heart squeezed at the mentioning of her engagement. She didn’t love him. Of course she didn’t. If she did, then she wouldn’t come and see me, the one that she truly loved.

Her engagement was something that had been televised throughout all the countries. He had proposed at a gala much similar to this, and she of course had accepted, as pre-planned for whenever be had decided to take that step. They had been “dating” for the past six months, lasting longer than any of her former suitors. Her grandmother had chosen the respectable nobleman for his high status and acceptable behavior. The rules were very simple between royals and nobles in their kingdom: Do not touch until marriage. No kissing before engagement. That was just the basics. And part of the agreement I had made with her grandmother was that if any of her suitors touched her after she bluntly said no, then all relationships between them were severed. If Eleanor (Alexa’s grandmother) did not follow this simple rule, then I was permitted to take matters into my own hands.

My father left to follow my mother’s lead, leaving me with my love.

She smiled and stood on her tiptoes. I took this hint to lean down, and she kissed my cheek. An electric shock that I had come to expect with her touch greeted me. “Prince Ryan,” she said, curtsying, “what a pleasure it is to finally meet you.”

I smiled and played along. “Likewise, dear Princess.”

Shit.

Her sister, Princess Mia, giggled, obviously eavesdropping, and she leaned over to whisper loudly in Alexa’s ear, “I think you have an admirer, lovely.”

Mia had golden blonde hair, and sapphire blue eyes just like her sister’s but not as full of laughter and mischief. Mia also had olive skin and a tall, thin figure.

Princess Mia snickered as she looked back toward me. “Prince Ryan!” she exclaimed as if just then noticing my presence. “Why, you look even more attractive than all the girls say!”

My beloved shot her sister a nasty look, and I decided that I could have a little fun with this.

“Dearest Mia,” I said, smiling as I grasped her hand and gave it a gentle kiss. “Oh, how you must have lovers calling your name at night.”

The look ok my beauty’s face was filled with absolute loathing toward her sister. Mia giggled, but before she could reply I had moved on to their brother, Prince Andrew.

Andrew was a very businesslike man. He had the same blonde hair as his twin sister, Mia, but instead of blue eyes, he had brown. He had olive skin and was a muscular guy without being bulky.

We shook hands, both acknowledging each other in a way that let me know that he did not appreciate me flirting with his sisters. Oh, if only he knew what I did with his youngest sister at night.

Alexa and I had never made love, officially, but we shared such intimate moments at the same time that it would leave me feeling as if we had. Sometimes we would just be sitting and talking, and then it would happen. We’d pause mid-sentence and just stare at one another. It was moments like those where I felt like I had her, all of her. There was nothing like those moments. They were what kept me from having my way with her all this time.

I walked toward Eleanor, Queen Gloria, and King Robert.

Queen Gloria and King Robert were Alexa’s aunt and uncle. Queen Gloria and Eleanor were sisters. After three hundred gears of marriage, Queen Gloria finally decides to publicly announce her infertility. At the same moment, she calls out to her elder sister for assistance in a heir. Eleanor was able to provide three; twins Prince Andrew and Princess Mia, and their younger sister, who was a baby at the time, Princess Alexandra. Queen Gloria, unable to choose between her beloved nieces and nephew, decides to let the people of their kingdom pick their next ruler. As soon as my beloved turns twenty-one, the people will cast their vote on who they want to serve as queen or king.

Eleanor was gorgeous and taller than most elves. The top of her head nearly reached my chin, which was fairly impressive. She had graying red hair and the exact same sapphire eyes as my love. Cream colored skin covered bony hands and face. Despite that, she looked like your average loving grandmother, but she was far more vicious and selfish.

“King Robert,“ I greeted formally, shaking hands with him. “Queen Gloria.” I smiled and kissed her hand in a less sensual way than I had Princess Mia’s. “Eleanor,” I said, smiling politely and bowing to show my respect.

“Prince Ryan,” Queen Gloria and Eleanor said.

Queen Gloria giggled, but Eleanor merely rolled her eyes.

“How nice of you to have joined us for the gala, Prince Ryan,” Queen Gloria said once she gained control of herself. “It really will be such splendid fun!” She leaned closer to whisper, “Save a dance for my niece, Alexandra. She specially requested for you and your family to be invited.

I nodded and upon realizing by King Robert that I was being excused, I went to stand by my family.