Status: Being Written

Don't Go in the Woods

In Chains (Hazel)

I couldn't feel much, and I didn't see much either. I was still in the darkness, but the feeling in my legs and arms were coming back. I must have been placed in a position that cut the circulation in my limbs. I heard the low growl come from the shadows somewhere around me. I shifted as best I could, hearing the chains that were clamped on my arms clink against the stone and rustle the leaves around my legs. I was starting to realize the kind of situation I was in, along with what kind of room I was in. I froze at hearing the growl again, this time, the smell of blood seeped into my nostrils. The growl was a warning, somehow I just knew. I shut my eyes tight, praying that this was a dream, that I was back with Gage and Cliff in our warmly lit cabin, that I was safe with them and they were safe with me. But even if this was a dream--it was truly a nightmare.

I no longer heard the growls, and I dared myself to open up one eye, in the darkness, I saw red reflected eyes staring at me, no pupils in them. I shrunk backwards, pressing myself against the cool, rocky wall that my chains were anchored to. "You." I whispered, my voice crack and unfamiliar to my own ears. I craved water, I had no estimate of time or day, I only knew that I had been missed by the boys. I prayed they would not search for me.

The red eyes did not leave the shadows, but instead a voice cut through the silence. It was a group of voices, as if chorus of different people at different pitches all speaking in unison. "I'm afraid we have not met before, but soon we will get to know each other very well." it boomed. There was one voice that seemed to lead the others, a deep voice of man. It sent shivers down my spine. The unknown voice paused, allowing the echos to fade away. As I sat there, hunched in the darkness, I could feel a large open space behind me, as if the cave or cavern I was in went deeper into the earth. I had no idea where I was and hope of seeing the sun was withering in me. "Tell me, why do you think you're here?" The darkness questioned.

I stayed silent, words were no help to me, I was at a loss.

The dark voices chuckles, amused by my lack of understanding, "You will learn soon enough why you were taken from your home and friends and brought here." It answered.

I felt weak, like I couldn't do a thing. But--I had to ask the question that was gnawing away at me, "W-what a-are you going to do to me?" I breathed, feeling like I was about to get sick.

The voice let out a howling laugh, the red eyes suddenly disappearing. Then were was a tension filled silence, I held my breath waiting.

Then I felt a cold breath on the back of my neck, "Make you pay for your sins, darling." the darkness hissed. I whirled around a was about to scream, but I never did scream, only darkness enveloped me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed. This creepy, but very important chapter is dedicated to my wonderful reader, XLovelyXLaurenX
This is for you sweetie! More is to come.
OH and New Layout! Thought it was a pretty good one. :3