Status: Being Written

Don't Go in the Woods

Return to Me (Gage)

Waking I found my neck to be extremely stiff. I hate how I had been forced into reality again. I had been dreaming of Hazel and I taking a walk through a park, the forest and shade welcoming in our sights. But when I opened my eyes, I was in the woods--with Cliff and Wolf--still no closer to finding Hazel. I stood, grunting as I did, dawn was starting to show itself to the darkness, causing the animals of the night to return to their homes and sleep away from the sun.

Wolf was hunched over the fire, buewring what look to be coffee. "Morning." Wolf offered, nodding for me to sit down by the fire, I gladly did. I have gone camping once before, while still with my foster parents. I wasn't a huge fan, especially since I didn't have a shower and everyone suddenly became greasy overnight. I lowered myself slowly to the ground, trying to be gentle with my stiff and aching muscles. I let out a sigh as I finally was on the ground, the heat of the fire was welcoming. "So, I went a few paces ahead of the trail and it seems to be pretty strong, I think we'll be getting closer to Hazel." He said with a smile.

I nodded, ready to start going, but I couldn't not without getting some food in me. Cliff and I hadn't eaten for a while and even though Wolf had offered the energy bars, I never really ate them. I pulled at the wrapping now, enjoying the flavor and satisfaction of the food. After a few moments, Wolf was passing out a few mugs full of steaming coffee.

At this time, Cliff had awoken and stood, a foggy look in his eye has he sipped his coffee. I smiled slightly, knowing that Cliff wasn't a morning person. As the sun began to rise, the mist began to peal away from the ground, casting the small search party in a cloud. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the distance we were about to cross. What I saw standing among the trees caused me to drop my coffee mug. I stood and point, "Oh my god! The wolf!" I cried, until I noticed that this was a man, with what looked to be a black metal helmet that was shaped into a wolf's head. The man was tall and lanky with a full suit on, he turned around a tree and disappeared.

Wolf trotted a few distances away and looked around. He turned back and looked at me oddly, "Sorry... must have been something else."

"There's nothing here, Gage." Wolf explained, walking towards him.

"What exactly did you see?" Cliff asked, joined Wolf in front of me.

"I don't even know." I responded, rubbing my temples.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such a short chapter and such a long time between them. School, Sandy and life have gotten in the way. Hope you enjoy this though! (: