Status: Being Written

Don't Go in the Woods

The 1st Sign (Gage)

"But you aren't okay," I whispered angrily, watching Hazel's sleeping face. We hadn't talked much after her promise. I was angry with her, she had invited me into her home, not even sure if I was going to be kind and good to her. How come she wouldn't tell me the truth? I laid down next to Hazel, my sleeping area close to her's. As the fire calmed down a little, I saw the darkness that was cast over Hazel's face. It wasn't the shadows that darkened her expression, it was something that was following. As if a dark cloud was hanging over her body.

I shifted in my sleeping bag, propping up on my shoulder, "What happened to you Hazel? What's wrong?" I asked in barely a whisper. The sound of a howl came from the darkness, making Hazel stir, nervously.

I stood up and crept over to the door, staring out into the darkness, I saw green reflected eyes staring at the house. A figure of an animals stood hunched over at the end of the forest, it's icy stare locked on the me, a red hate burning in them. I stared at the creature, trying to figure out exactly what it was. It lifted it's head and howled, and I suddenly realized that the creature was a wolf. "Damn." I whispered, leaning closer towards the window pane. Suddenly the wolf snarled, turned and disappeared into the woods.

"He's back."

I jumped at the sudden disturbance in the silence and turned to see Hazel. Her expression was dark, "Shit, Hazel. Don't scare me like that." I hissed, looking over my shoulder and back out at the window. "Who's back?"

"That--wolf." Hazel spat, rubbing her arms, goosebumps forming on her thin layer of skin.

I cocked an eyebrow, "The wolf." I froze, my eyes widening, "You went into the woods didn't you?" I felt anger rise up in my throat. It would explain how odd she was acting.

Hazel looked offended, "I can't believe you'd say that. No, but I've seen it hanging around the cabin for the last couple days." Her cheeks turned a shade of red. They always got that way when she got angry and frustrated.

I recoiled, "Sorry. What do you think attracted it?"

Hazel looked passed me and out the window, a far off look in her eyes, "Not sure," She said slowly.

"Don't worry." I said, placing a protective arm around Hazel's body, "I won't let it touch you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. I sure hope this inspiration keeps up.
Enjoy~
Sub?
Comment?
Loved to hear from you all!