Status: Being Written

Don't Go in the Woods

Gone (Hazel)

It was dark, and I really didn't know where I was. I couldn't move and I couldn't see. I knew that there wasn't a mask over my eyes and felt like my whole body was numb. The smell of blood was thick in my nostrils and the space around me was like a tunnel. I'm not really sure how to explain it. I was guessing that I was somewhere dark, made a tunnel or cave. I prayed that it wasn't a box, since I had a phobia of dark, small places. I listened to my breathing, trying to calm my nerves. My thoughts kept swimming in and out of my head, my head was pounding and a sharp pain in my left arm kept me from being any more comfortable.

I was trying to remember how I got here, and why I was here in the first place. I took a few soothing breaths and then things began to come into focus.

I had been working around town, racking leaves, cutting lawns and walking dogs. Nothing was paying real well but I couldn't leave Gage to do all the work and Cliff was still job hunting. After I had made about twenty dollars in about five hours of work, I made my way back home. Cliff was out and so I found it the perfect time to clean up the place. I reached up for my never ending To-do List from at top of my fridge. This list have everything from gathering fire wood (which never got done since we always needed it), to changing light bulbs. I made everyone's beds, which in reality were sleeping bags on top of old rugs, with pillows and blankets surrounding them. The house didn't have any heating other than the fire, so we needed to bundle up in the winter time. As soon as that was done, I gathered some things to make dinner with. There was a fridge and working oven, I was so happy when I picked the lock on this place. I thought that Mac'ncheese would be a nice change for today and pulled some stuff out, but I couldn't make it without milk. So I waited for Cliff and Gage to return home.

Then, things began to get fuzzy, I remember hearing something. A bird? No, a--uh, a car engine? Then I felt a chill run through me. The sound of a growl and something scratching at the door. That's right, I remember hearing something at the door, an animal. I grabbed a knife from the table and held it up so if by some chance, the creature got through the door, I could stab it. With that sound of the growling and scratching, I waited for it to give up, since it couldn't open the door. After a few minutes, it stopped and I relaxed. But then the door flew open and there stood a-- a uh, shit, my memory was fuzzy then. I clenched my jaw, waiting for it to return. Whatever kidnapped me must have been human, since no creature except an animal with thumps could have opened the door.

Soon things began to fade and I slipped into an unconscious state.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. Is it the wolf? Or was another creature? Who is this person who capture Hazel--and why? All questions will be answered. So stay tuned!
Sub?
Comment?
Rec?
Love to hear from you all! Enjoy~