Status: This story is being OVERHAULED!

The Demon and the Human Prophecy

001: Plot ~ Part One

Righge and his two conceited friends glared at Rage, a lanky, jet black haired boy that was also his rival of sorts, while hiding in a bush. Rage was simply leaned against a tree, listening to his iPod.

The term "friends" did not describe Ayore and Gogone. They were not friends to Righge; they simply had to make him happy. Under their father's orders of course... Righge was one of the most liked guys within the academy. He was still rather popular after he had graduated as well... In the academy you graduate at the age of thirteen. The school would teach the children physical skills, such as sports or fighting, or academic skills. Then they could choose whether or not to continue their education or not, which would lead to them being a missioneer or, for example, doctor.

They stood within the park, a mere mile from the academy, which no one occupied due to it being summer break.

"I can't wait to use him like a punching bag..." Righge grumbled, glowering at Rage. Righge had it in for Rage. He couldn't stand him. Not his cool demeanor that seemed to make Aiurea, the petite beauty that he was dead-set on winning over, swoon... Not his ability to brush him off with a cold, indifferent hand... It was the fact that had stolen the love of his life.

Righge and Aiurea, a girl that he had been in love with since he was three years old, dated until she dumped him several months ago. Of course, Righge had made a large scene of it because of his temperamental ego. Rage had over heard it, which lead to a wager on who could steal her heart. Rage, with his mysterious appearance, won. Righge hasn't been able to let it go since.

"Yeah..." Ayore agreed. He was Gogone's older twin brother, and stuck to Righge's side like a complacent sheep. "He's such a freak show."

"Yeah..." Gogone agreed with his brother, brushing his dirty golden hair out of his eyes. "I mean, he deserves what ever he had coming to him for taking Aiur-"

Righge's glare then turned on him, "Shut up, you dunce! I told you to never bring that up again."

"Why must the three of you insist on causing trouble?" Aiurea's petite form stood in front of them and blocked Rage from view. Her dark chocolate eyes were filled to the brim with utter annoyance.

Righge's dark blue eyes widened when he realized how much she might have heard. A few moments passed as they shared an awkward silence.

"Hehe..." Righge ran his hand through his short, tousled, sandy brown hair. His face lit up as he lifted himself from the bushes, now towering over her. He reached forward and took her hand in his, "So, have you finally realized that we're perfect for each other?"

She gave him a sour look, yanking her hand from his. "No, I'm just passing by, idiot." She brushed her mahogany hair off of her shoulder before attempting to walk away.

Righge's large hand stretched out and wrapped around her wrist, yanking her back. "You know, those were rather harsh words. I'm hurt."

Her icy glower that returned was full of disgust, "Good..." She grumbled, jerking her hand from his.

"That hurts!" He sighed in a fakely innocent voice. His hand was positioned over his heart as though he had been stabbed.

"Oh you poor thing," She spat irritably, "I could punch you. That would take your mind off your ego."

When she turned from him, he reached out for her again. "Come on, don't be like that..."

Rage could hear the mumbling of voices over the loud roar of the guitar in his ears. He attempted to ignore them, even when he heard Aiurea and Righge conversing. He normally would have stepped in, but he couldn't fight all of her battles for her. He kept his breathing shallow so he would not suck in too much of the stench around him.

He gave up and finally looked up to see Righge's long fingers wrap around Aiurea's tiny wrist. He growled under his breath, allowing her scent to flow into his mouth by accident.

Aiurea reared her free hand back and smacked him across the cheek. Righge, shocked from the slap, let go and stumbled back.

He quickly regained his stance and grinned seductively at her, "Oh... I like 'em feisty." As he took another step forward, Aiurea groaned irritably.

Rage glowered darkly at him. He sauntered forward and shoved himself between them. "Why don't you quit being such a nuisance and leave her alone."

"Stay out of this, freak." Righge growled back, "It's none of your business what I-"

"I've warned you once before," Rage snarled, "quit harassing her..." They shared an intense scowl for several moments before he turned to Aiurea. "Just get out of here."

She nodded, softly biting her lip. She wheeled around and walked away quickly, sighing once out of earshot. She walked the rest of the way home. Besides, she thought, I should be getting back... Her mother wasn't home, which meant her younger brother Oro was home alone.

~*Meanwhile*~

A small outcropping of rock stood over looking the town. Two figures stood upon it and peered down into the small town of humans. The figures of the creatures scurried through the streets, and their disdainful scents whirled through the air. Some weren't human, and there was one in particular that stood out.

One of the figures, a woman, spoke first. "I trust you know where she is." Her smooth growl had a slight hum to it, despite its harshness.

The other figure, a man, answered her implied question. "Yes..." He closed his pitch black eyes and inhaled.

~*~*~

Aiurea opened her front door and saw Oro on his Sci-fi action game. Laser sounds echoed through the room. She rolled her eyes across the room and turned right down the hall. She opened her door and sighed. It took her fifteen minutes to walk home from the park trail.

She knew Righge would bother her later. Righge lived closer to the park than she did as well. He could easily get access to a car or a vehicle in order to drive to her house. By the time she began to fret over it, she heard a knock on the door. Her brother walked to the door, which was obvious due to the laser sounds ceasing. As she peeked around the corner, she could see Righge's tall figure. She squeaked and hid around the corner.

"Aiuere, Righge's here." Oro called over his shoulder.

"Don't talk to him!" Aiurea snapped, bounding into the living room. She shoved her brother out of the way, making him fall onto his back.

He brushed his shaggy hair out of his face long enough to glare at her with his chocolate eyes. "Bitch..." He grumbled.

"Go away." She spat, swinging the door shut. The door was stopped by his large feet.

"That's no way to greet someone." He teased, an attempt a alluring echoing through his voice.

"What do you want?" She growled irritably.

"I can't stop by to visit...?" He made an attempt at feigned innocence, "It's only polite that you invite me in..."

"I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, ass holes aren't allowed over when my mother isn't home." She attempted to shut the door again, but he, of course, stopped it.

"Fine..." He sighed, a fake whoa-is-me act weaving through his words. "I guess I will just be going..."

"Okay, bye!" She tried to shove the door shut with all of her might, but his grip would not loosen.

"I'm going to the movies, you want to come...?" He made an attempt at smoldering and bat his eyelashes.

Oro perked hearing these words. This would be excellent pay back... He jumped up and shoved her through the door, forcing his sister into Righge's chest. "She would love to!"

Righge smirked and looked down at him, "Thanks little man..." He ruffled Oro's hair as he dragged Aiurea away by the hand. She glowered furiously at her brother, shaking her fist with threats in her eyes. Oro smirked triumphantly and waved before slamming the door. It locked with a click.

He towed her behind him, unphased by her struggling. She let out grunts of frustration as she yanked against his grip, and he can't help but laugh. He pulls out a key chain with many keys hooked to the ring. His hand yanked the car door open and did his best to shove her through door. Of course, he over powered the petite girl and the door was slammed behind her. He clicked the black button on a clicker, locking the door. As he walked around the car, she glowered out the front windshield, her arms crossed.

He chuckled as he opened the drivers' side door and took his seat. His eyes were on her then. "What?" She snarled.

"Seat belt..." He instructed patiently, a smirk turning up the corners of his mouth.

"I'll kill that little brat..." She grumbled under her breath. Righge laughed and reached over to buckle her up himself. She smacked his hands away irritably, "I can do it." She forcefully yanked the seat belt across her chest and buckled it with a snap.

The car then started and accelerated down the road. As they sped along the road, she began to think of every alternative to actually going to the movie theater with him. The only thing her mind could settle on was to actually jump out of the moving car. Maybe when he realized what she would do, he would slow down enough for her to only get scratched up and, at the most, a fractured bone or two. Surely she'd rather live with that than the humiliation of Righge flaunting his obvious physical advantage over her. She chewed on her bottom lip steadily as she slowly placed her right hand on the door handle and her left on the belt buckle. Aiurea knew that if she was going to do it, it had to be now.

Her fingers yanked on the door handle, her others poised to press the button on the buckle. But the door wouldn't open... The only sound was the clicking of the locked door. Her eyes shot to the visible lock near the window, but it was in the unlocked position.

Her jaw dropped as if she couldn't believe it, "You child locked the door!" She snapped accusingly. He chuckled darkly and nodded. She crossed her arms harshly and looked away, grumbling unintelligible rants.

As they began to enter into downtown, dark, stormy clouds began to invade the sky. Righge parked the car in an empty parking space in front of the neon lights of the theater. He shoved open the door, closed it, and walked around the side of the car in order to open her door. When he opened it, the air grew thick with an ominous veil.

Righge shivered looking up at the sky, "Looks like it's going to rain." He muttered to himself. He gripped her elbow firmly as he forced her out of the car, despite her struggling. His grip was ironclad as he towed her toward glass door of the theater. The concession stand and the crimson carpet could be viewed as Aiurea seized up. Her body became stiff and Righge found that he could no longer pull her.

He couldn't budge her, "Hey." He yanked on her once, but she didn't even stumble. He looked back, an agitated look on his face. Until he saw hers... Her chocolate eyes were wide and filled with shock. Her skin had grown cool when it had once been warm. "Hey... Hey!" His eye brows knit together as he tried to get her to react to something. He couldn't even she the slow movement of her chest any longer, and he began to worry.

Her legs then suddenly buckled beneath her, and she fell into his arms, her eyes drooping shut. No matter how many times he called out to her, she didn't react. He started cursing under his breath as Rage suddenly ran by.

Catching something out of the corner of his eye, Rage stopped and inhaled deeply. Aiurea's scent saturated the air and dripped down his throat, but there was something tainting it. His head whipped in her direction, and he soon realized what was tainting it. There she was, lying in Righge's arms. Red stained the edges of Rage's vision now. He crossed his arms as Righge took notice of him.

"What happened," Rage demanded, glowering at Righge so fiercely that you would expect him to drop dead.

"Oh no," Righge snapped back innocently, "Don't look at me! I didn't do this time!"

"What happened!?" Rage repeated his question, frustration and impatience coloring his whole tone. There was a part of him that just wanted to rip her out of his arms, but he couldn't. Not with eminent danger in the air...

"I don't know! She just froze and fainted!" He snapped back defensively.

"Why the hell are you here anyway!?" Rage demanded again. "Don't you know that kidnapping is illegal?"

"We were going to see a movie, what did you think!?" He growled once again, "It's none of your business! Why are you here?" He grumbled pointing at him.

"Look at the clouds, idiot." He growled as-a-matter-of-factly. "That's no freak occurrence."

Righge gave him a disbelieving look. "Those are rain clouds, idiot." He grumbled back, mocking his tone.

"You're such a simple minded - Oh never mind..." He turned away from him, "You wouldn't understand."

Righge tries to position her so that he can pick her up, "What are you doing?" Rage grumbled irritably.

"Taking her to the hospital." Righge growled with an obvious tone.

"Don't bother..." He sighed, "Just take her home." Righge narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth to retort, but he was cut off. "Go! Get her out of here!"

"What are you going to do?" Righge muttered grumpily.

"Just go..." Rage ordered.

Righge finally adjusted her into her arms so that he could lift her into his arms. He didn't need any more convincing, Aiurea was in no state to see a movie. There was also a part of him deep down that felt some sort of danger in the air. He just couldn't place it, so he thought it was just better to listen and take her home.

He began to rise as a voice stopped him, "I don't think leaving would be a very good idea on your part, boy." Rage cursed under his breath.

Righge looked at the voice's owner. He was tall, well built, and held an eerie resemblance to Rage. His shaggy, jet black hair almost covered his pitch black eyes. The only thing accenting his pale face were crimson red streaks underneath his eyes. His eyes were severe with tinges of disgust at the sight of the boys before him.

"It is sad that such a gift is to bestowed upon a race of such pathetic race of creatures." He chuckled to himself darkly, taking a few steps forward. "I don't know why others persist on calling insects like you a race. So fragile–So ridiculously weak..." His onyx colored eyes were then on Aiurea, "Such a sensitive child isn't she, Rage..." Rage's eyes locked with the man's standing before them. "So tender and dainty—As I'm sure you've realized of course." A half smirking smile is now plastered on his face.

•† Aiurea's POV †•

I shivered as a cool breeze rolled through the air. My body felt restricted, almost as if I was being restrained or held. My head pounded as that dangerous jolt of pressure wafted through the air. The pressure constricting me began to soon release as I drifted into consciousness. My eyes flickered open to find Righge's face. His eyes were fixated on something ahead.

It took me a moment to fully grasp the situation. I was lying in Righge's arms, almost as though it were normal. I let out a squeal and shoved him away, rolling away on the cool sidewalk. My body shivered and I looked out at what Righge's eyes were trained on. I could see Rage's back, but that wasn't what held me. It was the man, no he looked as though he were barely old enough to be considered a man. His figures were very similar to Rage's. Rage's weren't exactly boyish, but the man standing before us was not in the slightest bit boyish.

His onyx eyes turned on me, and for the first time in a long time, I felt a surge of fear ripple up my back. The hairs on the back of my neck rose as I stared helplessly into the intimidating eyes of this mysterious male.

A dark smile spread across his face as he watched me. "Take her away-"

"I take it these children haven't the slightest idea who I am." He muttered smugly walking forward. "Why don't you introduce me?" He arrogance that his tone was dripping with was tinged with careful precision as if he were choosing his words carefully. It reminds me of my younger brother choosing his words carefully when would tap dance on every last nerve.

Despite my fear, I managed to fumble to my feet and stumble forward. I grabbed Rage's arm for support when he spoke, "He's my—" He didn't seem to want to continue. His eyes flashed to mine and then adverted to the ground. I knew what he must have seen there, because he continued. "He's my brother..." He muttered.

"What!" I could hear the shock that now saturated my voice. My knees knocked together, and I bit down on my lip. I should have guessed, they looked much too similar not to be related in some way. The dark atmosphere must be the result of his "brother" standing before us. He must be the same type of—hair raising, dark—creature of the shadows that Rage was. What he'd called a demon. I knew that demons lived in their own world, therefore they rarely came into ours. And if they did, then it was never for a good cause

"You seem rather confused, child." His pitch black eyes were fixated on me, "You should have been a challenge to seek out. I would have thought that you would have been taught to control that presence of yours." A dark smile danced across his lips now, "It could draw out parasites from the deepest pits of hell."

I tried my hardest to swallow the lump forming in my throat as I cowered into Rage's arm. He positioned me so that I was now half behind him. "Wh-what's going on?" My demand wavered, so I did not sound nearly as firm as I should have.

He shoved me away, breaking my grip on his arm. "Shut up and leave..." I flinched away from the acid and resentment bubbling in his voice. I stumbled backward before I decided to stand steadfast.

"Now, now, little brother." The man clicked disapprovingly. "Is that any way to speak to a woman—no matter what insect race to which she belongs?"

Rage now glared up ahead of him, "I don't think it is any of your business." He growled, "Righge." I looked back at Righge as he perked to Rage's voice. "Take her home and keep her there until I say otherwise." His barked order was clear and authoritive.

I felt Righge's large arms wrap around me and start pulling me back before I can react. "Come on, Aiue..." I didn't put up much of a fight. I shouldn't really be that wounded by Rage's unnatural rudeness, but I couldn't help it. Over the past several months, we seemed to have grown so close, and it was odd to feel his coldness radiating off of him now.

Not that he was very hospitable in the beginning either. He seemed to only tolerate me, but up until now, I had grown used to the harsh warmth that he seemed to radiate. That I seemed to crave...

"I can't leave him..." I the hurt echoed through my voice and reverberated back to me. I knew Righge could hear it, but I didn't care.

"You can, and you will." There is Righge's attempt at authoritive. "Rage can take care of himself, besides-" He paused as he looked at the couple of rain drops that now dripped down onto the ground, "I don't like the look of that guy. It's fixing to rain, and I would rather be safe at your house." He dragged my limp body away to his car as the rain began to fall. I could see Rage glance back at me one last time as Righge pushed me into the passenger side door.