I'll Be Loving You All My Life

Chapter 14.

Gerard's POV
A FEW MONTHS LATER...


The doctors said Lindsey's cancer is going away, finally. They are sending her home and she needs to come back every week for a check up. At the moment, I am helping her get ready, pack her stuff and fill forms out.

“Gee, I'm ready,” she said.

I looked up at her, and smiled. She wasn't wearing a hospital gown for once. I put my arms around her and kissed her.

“I'm so glad you are coming home.”

“Me too. I feel so much better.”

I looked at her. She had some color back in her face again and she was gaining some weight back. I'm sick of seeing her pale and thin.

“I'm glad you feel better. It makes me feel better,” I told her.

We put the last of her clothes in the bag. Her and I smiled at each other. She threw her arms around my neck and I put my hands on her waist. I kissed her nose, which made her frown.

“You missed.”

I laughed and kissed her lips.

“I love you,” I said.

“I love you, too.”

Lindsey and I sat on the hospital bed and waited for the doctor to come in. We started talking about random stuff, then the doctor came in.

“Okay, Mrs. Way. Before I let you go, I need to tell you some very important information. We are going to have to give you medicine to take to try and keep the cancer away. You are going to need your rest. So that means no strenuous activities,” he said.

“By strenuous activities, you mean..?” I asked.

Lindsey held in a giggle and nudged my side.

“No picking up your children, no carrying heavy things. No picking up anything heavy.”

He gave Lindsey another form and a prescription paper. He left without another word. Lindsey busted into a fit of giggles.

“Hey, he didn't say no sex!” I laughed.

She started cracking up.

“Gerard, you are so bad!” She laughed.

I smiled and kissed her. She filled the last form out, and we were leaving the hospital. Once the doors opened, she stepped outside and sniffed the air.

“Freedom,” she whispered.

I went behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I put my chin on her shoulder and we started walking to the car. I opened the passenger door for her. She got in, I shut her door and put the bag in the back seat. I went around to the drivers side, got in and started the car.

“Do you wanna drop your prescription off first and then go home? Or go home and drop it off later?” I asked.

“Lets drop it off first, to get it out of the way,” she said.

I nodded. We went to the drug store and dropped the prescription off and picked up a few things. I had already called Mikey and told him to bring Gage and Isabella home. I was going to surprise Lindsey and not tell her. We pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex. Lindsey and I got out and I got her bags. She was smiling. I smiled at her, took her hand and led her into the building. People that knew us and passed by smiled and welcomed Lindsey home. She looked up at me.

“Was I really missed that bad?” She asked.

I nodded. Tears formed in her eyes.

“Don't cry,” I said.

She laughed which made a few tears slide down her cheeks. I wiped them off. We reached the door of our apartment. I opened the door. Gage, Mikey, Isabella, Aiden, Lizi, and Flynn were all there.

“Surprise!” They shouted.

She started crying.

“It's not my birthday,” she said.

“We know. We are all just glad your home,” I whispered.

Gage and Isabella came running over to Lindsey. She bent down and took them in her arms.

“Welcome home, mommy,” Gage said.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very emotional chapter, yes?

Please, comment.

2 updates, and no comments?
=(