I'll Be Loving You All My Life

Chapter 31.

Gerard's POV

I just stared at Lindsey, not knowing what to say or do. Gage, or Isabella could possibly be carrying the gene that Lindsey has. I know I wouldn't be able to cope knowing that one of my kids has it. I could hardly cope with Lindsey having it.

If Gage, or Isabella had it... Oh my god. I knew Lindsey could see that I was worried. She came over to me, and wrapped her arms around me. She placed her head on my shoulder, and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

“I know, Gerard. I can't do it, either,” she sighed.

I smiled, and held her tighter. She almost always knew what was bothering me. We've been together so long, that we could sense when something was wrong. Even if neither of us showed it. Lindsey lifted her head from my shoulder, and placed a kiss on my lips. I smiled, and pulled away.

“Do you know how much I love you?” I asked.

“No, I don't. How much?” She smiled.

I placed my hand on her cheek, and stared into her eyes.

“More than you could ever think.”

She smiled wide, and I ran my hands through her hair. We just stood there, staring into each others eyes, and smiling. I placed my hand softly on her stomach, and looked down. She placed her hand over mine, and looked down also.

I heard tiny feet start to run into the living room. Lindsey and I looked up, and saw Isabella coming towards us. I frowned on the inside, but made myself smile on the outside.

“What are you guys doing?” She asked.

“Just standing here. Is Gage dressed?” Lindsey asked.

“I think so. Are we going somewheres?”

Lindsey nodded, and Isabella smiled wide. She always liked when we went out. Isabella ran back into her and Gage's room. I let out a sigh.

“We have to go now, Linds?” I asked in a whisper.

She pursed her lips and nodded. I really did not want to find out if my son, or daughter had the leukemia gene. I swear, if I get the news that they do...I don't even know. I seriously do not know what I would do.

I do not want to see them going through the pain. I couldn't. It would tear me up to shreds, and I knew it would tear Lindsey up. Both Gage, and Isabella came out. My heart started to break. I did not want to see these two precious children in a hospital bed, with wires stuck inside of them. I sighed, and both Lindsey and I started to get their coats on.

“Where are we going, mommy?” Gage asked.

Lindsey ruffled his hair, and kissed his forehead.

“We have to take you and Bella to the doctors. You have to get a check-up,” she told him.

Gage nodded, and we both finished putting on their coats. Gage grabbed Lindsey's hand, and I picked up Isabella. We walked out of the door, and I locked it behind us.

“Daddy, how come we has to go to the doctors?” Isabella asked me.

“You guys have to get a check-up,” I told her.

She sighed, and nodded. That was something she got from me. I always did that. We got to the car, and buckled Gage and Isabella into their car seats. Lindsey and I stared at each other, and we got into the car. I started the car, and started driving to the hospital.

--

Lindsey and I pulled into the hospital, and I felt a chill run down my spine. I never think I'm going to get a break from this place. I've been here so many times, I'm pretty sure everyone knows me. Lindsey and I got out of the car, and got Gage and Isabella out. We walked into the building, and the lady at the desk smiled at us.

“Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Way! How nice to see you again,” she beamed.

Both of us told her hello, and smiled. We signed in, and sat on the chairs in the waiting room. Isabella sat on my lap, and Gage sat on the other side of Lindsey.

“I don't like this place,” Isabella said.

I sighed, and ran my hand through her hair.

“I know, princess. I don't like this place either,” I told her.

After a few more minutes of waiting, a doctor came out and called all of us back. Now, I knew all the doctors here, and this one must be a new one. I've never seen him before. Isabella got off of me, and I stood up.

I helped Lindsey stand up, and Gage finally stood up. We started to follow the doctor, and we went into the back room. Once we got in, I sat Gage and Bella onto the table that was there. Lindsey and I sat in the chairs next to them.

“So, what are they in here for?” He asked us.

“They need to get checked to see if they have l-e-u-k-e-m-i-a,” I told him.

I couldn't exactly say what they needed to get checked for. We had told them that they were going in for a check up. The doctor nodded, and looked at both of them. I knew by the look on his face, that they would need a blood test.

I cringed at the thought of seeing more needles. You'd think I'd be used to them, but I'm not. They still scare me. The doctor stood up, and went over to a drawer, and brought out two perfectly packaged needles. I let out a cringe, and looked away. Lindsey grabbed my hand, and I softly smiled.

“Okay, you guys. I'm going to need to take some blood to see if you are healthy,” he explained to them.

I looked over at them, and saw both of them swallow, scared. No one in this family likes needles. He opened the package, and brought out the first needle. He cleaned off Isabella's arm, and stuck the needle into her arm. She let out a scream, and he took the amount of blood he needed.

I stood up, and went over to her. I started to rub her back, and she started to cry. I frowned and kiss the top of her head. He put a bandage over the small hole, and I kissed it softly.

He put the vile of blood away, and did the same thing to Gage. He didn't cry, he just winced a little bit. He took the amount he needed from Gage, and placed the vile next to Isabella's. He had put their names on it. He placed a bandage over Gage's. And I rubbed his back. He looked at me, and Lindsey.

“We will have the results in a few days,” he said.

Hopefully, the results will be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG. HI YOU GUYS!

I am so sorry for the long wait!
I've just been busy with my one story, and I couldn't find any motivation for this story.

Hopefully, another update will be faster for this one!
And I hope this update was okay!

Thank you to everyone who stuck with this story!
It means the world to me! :)

Comments? ;D