I'll Be Loving You All My Life

Chapter 9.

Gerard's POV

“What are you talking about Lindsey? Why?” I asked.

She started sobbing. I started sobbing.

“I don't know.” She said.

“Don't. Don't do this. There is nothing wrong between us. We are fine,” I said.

She came towards me, I took her in my arms. She sobbed into my shoulder, and I kissed the top of her head.

“Lindsey, do you really want a divorce?” I asked.

“No, it's just that you really hurt me. You acted just like my dad, Gerard. Don't do it,” she said.

“I'm sorry, baby. You just really ticked me off.”

“I know. I acted immature. I'm sorry.”

I took her face in my hands and wiped her tears away. I kissed her lips and looked at you.

“I love you. No matter what.” I told her.

“I love you, too.”

TIME ELAPSE

Lindsey and I lay on the bed, staring in each others eyes. I was rubbing the side of her head.

“You don't know how much you scared me, Gee,” she said.

“I'm really sorry, baby.”

She closed her eyes and her breathing went smooth. I half-smiled, kissed her forehead, and got out of bed. I went in the living room. Gage and Isabella were sleeping. I picked Isabella up and took her to her room.

I laid her down on her bed, and covered her up. I got Gage and did the same. I wasn't tired, it was only one-thirty. I sprawled across the couch and started flicking through the channels. Nothing was on—go figure. I sighed in frustration and walked out the front door.

I leaned on the wall next to it and took out a cigarette, lit it, and took a drag. I stayed out there for a few minutes then went inside. I went in the kitchen. Gage walked in the kitchen. He stopped in his tracks and stared at me. I gave him an apologetic smile.

“Come here, Gage,” I said.

He shook his head.

“Mommy and daddy are okay now. I'm sorry if I scared you and Isabella.”

I heard him sniffle. I knelt down and opened my arms.

“Come here,” I said.

He came over to me and cried in my shoulders. I rubbed his back and kissed his head.

“You don't have to cry. We are fine. We told each other we were sorry,” I said.

“What were you guys fighting about?” He asked.

“We just in an argument over something silly,” I said.

He nodded. I was sitting cross-legged on the floor, Gage was sitting in my lap.

“Daddy... Was I a mistake?” He asked.

I stared at him, wide-eyed.

“No, you weren't! Who said that?” I asked.

“Some kid at my school. He told me that I was a mistake,” he said.

“You were certainly not a mistake!”

“Was Isabella?” He asked.

“Nope. Neither you or Isabella were mistakes. Your mom and I both wanted you guys more than anything.”

“Oh. This kid said I was a mistake.”

I shook my head and kissed his head.

“Trust me, Gage. You aren't and never will be a mistake to us. You are a miracle,” I said.

“How was I miracle?” He asked.

“I can't really explain it. But, trust me, Gage. You aren't a mistake.”

He smiled at me. I smiled at him. Isabella came out, she looked at me and her eyes went wide. I opened my arms.

“Are you going to hurt me?” She asked.

I laughed back tears.

“No. I'm not. I promise.”

She came over and I pulled her on my lap. I kissed her head. She asked me the same questions Gage did. About why Lindsey and I fought.

“Is mommy still sick?” Gage asked.

“Yeah, she is,” I said.

“We need to get her medicine! She has to get better,” Isabella said.

“Guys. What mommy has isn't cured by medicine like you guys take. She has to go to the hospital. What she has could make her die,” I said.

“What does she have?” They asked in unison.

“Do you guys know what leukemia is?”

“I do! A kid in my school has it. He came for a visit the other day. He had a hat on and he was white,” Gage said.

“Well, that's what mommy has.”

Gage and Isabella's eyes filled with tears.

“Is mommy gonna die?” Isabella asked.

“Hopefully not. I don't want her too.”

“Mommy can't die. We need to get her better! Let's go!” Isabella said.

She stood up and grabbed my hand trying to pull me.

“Izzy, stop. I have to take your mom to the hospital tomorrow. She's gonna be gone for a week.”

“Is she gonna get better?” She asked.

“Not right now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah... This chapter wasn't my best work I don't think..

Comments. =)