Status: back with a facelift | previously title take your aim

Kiss of Death

Chapter Six

Scout had finished showering just minutes before. The shower hadn’t taken nearly as long as trying to figure out how to work it, but she had done it in just enough time to be early to meet Reed. She stood in the hallway, her back pressed against the wall, while she waited for him.

Her dark brown hair was still slightly wet from the shower, and was beginning to curl at the tips. She folded her arms across her chest, pulling her sleeves against her fingers.

In front of her, Reed’s door moved slowly open. He stepped out from behind it, his hair a tiny bit less wet than hers.

“Sorry about that,” Reed said, closing his door behind him. “I hope you haven’t been waiting long.”

Scout shook her head, unfolding her arms. “It’s fine. I haven’t been.”

The two stand in silence, both with their heads gazing at the floor. Scout looked up at Reed, whose hair was growing lighter as it dried. He shoved his hands in his pockets, kicking his feet.

“Would you like to sit?” Reed asked, looking up at Scout.

Scout looked down the empty hallway, then back at Reed.

“Not here, of course,” Reed said, “We can go into my room, if you’d like.”

Scout nodded and followed Reed as he stepped back into his room, which was nearly identical to her own. He sat down on the small loveseat in the corner, and Scout sat next to him.

The two sat for a moment, neither of them speaking, until Reed took a deep breath.

“I know you’re angry,” Reed said, folding his hands in front of him. “You should be. I mean, I’m kind of angry at myself. But I know I can do this and – “

“Stop it.” Scout stood up from her seat, startling him. “Just stop it, Reed. What good could you have thought would come from this?”

Reed stood up, standing in front of her. “Scout, you don’t understand. I’ve got it figured out, I swear.”

“What do you have figured out Reed? It’s The Hunger Games. We’re going to die. Do you not get that?”

Reed moved towards her and placed his hands on the sides of her face. “Just trust me, okay? You’re my best friend in the world, and I promise I’m not going to let anything happen to you. I just need you to trust me.”

Reed ran his hands through Scout’s hair, before wrapping them around her. He tried to pull her in for a hug, but she remained stiff.

With his arms wrapped around her, he placed his head on top of hers. “Please just trust me, Scout. Please.”

Scout sighed, before taking a deep breath. Her arms relaxed and she wrapped them around Reed, the same as he had done to her.

Reed pulled his arms more tightly around her. “I promise everything will be all right.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, thank you so much, whomping willow., castiel's vessel, Sunber, and Kat.The.Scream.Queen, for always being so encouraging. You don't realize how much your friendship and kind words mean to me!