Diner Boy

one/one

I don't really get why he caught my attention, because no one really had before. I was never into dating, never really saw the point. All relationships would end in my eyes, what was the point? Why waste my time or someone elses. I never even took into consideration my sexuality, but I knew both genders caught my attention. I'd stare at those that were good eye candy but never had I gone up to one of those people. There just was no point. We'd break up in the end.

Relationships were just too predictable, especially when I was in high school, all the couples around me did stupid stuff. Said 'I love you.' when it was way too soon and acted like what they had really was real. Then the pointless drama that happened just sickened me, he said she said. So much distrust and school was much more important than all of it.

Needless to say, I've never had my first kiss, or went on my first date. The only hand I've held was a niece or nephew's. Standing in front of a mirror for hours was done for my cousin's wedding, and making sure I looked good was for my mom. I've had a crush or two but they never lasted long.

The possibility of loving someone never really was for me.

I don't get why the minute he walked into the room my head turned. Nor do I understand why I didn't look away when his eyes caught mine. My brain didn't even protest or fight against staring. I watched, dazed, as he followed my co-worker to a table. He looked away for a moment eyes lighting up from the sun light coming through the window.

He suddenly yanked the beanie from a top his head, the hostess looking concerned. He just reassured her he was fine and one thought ran through my brain, table manners.

I was snapped out of my trance when the older gentlemen I was attending to cleared his throat awkwardly.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized immediately, quickly receiving the rest of his order and speed walking to the kitchen. My heart raced while I quickly gave the order to the cook and made a beeline to the soda machine for a cup of Sprite. My stomach was doing back-flips. Marilyn, the waitress who was tending to the captivating stranger, gave me a wary look when she passed by me. I knew the Coca Cola in her hand was most likely his and my cheeks redden at the thought.

What the fuck was going on with me?

"Luis, order 12 is ready." The cook behind the counter shouted. I shook my head and grabbed the plate, realizing I had been standing there for quiet a while. Before I stepped pass the doors and into the dining room I took a deep breath and then headed out.

I should have been looking anywhere else but again I couldn't stop my eyes from wandering to him. His hands reached up to fix his hair, black v-neck hugging his torso as his eyes caught mine again. We stared at each other for a moment, a foreign feeling washing over me. It felt like he was looking into my soul and I into his.

I rushed over to table 12 and set down the plate then rushed back into the kitchen, wishing I could calm my crazy heart beat.

It was so strange, I didn't want to look away. I wanted to know the boy who walked in. I wanted to know the boy with soft brown hair, sea green eyes and good manners. I needed to know this boys name. But I didn't walk up to him.

I needed to focus, I couldn't afford to lose my job over some boy. This restaurant had a reputation to keep, anyone who risked it was fired. So, I carried on waiting tables and taking orders. All the while I tried ignoring his staring. My insides went crazy when ever I passed his table and it scared me. Never had I ever felt this way around someone, especially not around someone I didn't even know.

As if freaking out over it wasn't enough, Marilyn's shift ended before the stranger received his check, leaving me to be the messenger. Chewing on my bottom lip, I grabbed the receipt from the counter near the soda machine and faced the door.

Luis, it's just a boy. I rationalized. I gave myself a mental slap to the face and pushed through the doors. Doing my best to keep my breathing at a normal level, I placed the piece of paper on his table. He looked up once he saw my hand in front of him and right then I knew I was screwed.

If I though he looked so good from a distance, my goodness he looked so much better up close.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked. My eyes widened when I realized I had been staring.

"Oh, it's just. . . , your hair isn't dyed at all," the words slipped from my mouth. I cursed at myself for my stupid words. What the hell was wrong with me.

The stranger just laughed, "Nope, it's all natural, would you like to touch it?" His was a strange request, but my hand wasted no time in reaching out and touching the gorgeous locks.

He smiled and glanced at his check.

"Well, these numbers are okay, but could I have yours?" he asked, his smile widening. I couldn't feel my legs and was amazed I was still standing.

"Um, s-sure," I stuttered. Holy fuck.

"I'm William," He said, as I neatly wrote my number on his copy of the receipt. He stood up, the sudden smell of vanilla filling my sense. I was taken back a bit, I was a real sucker for vanilla.

"Luis," I said, handing him the paper. William was only half a head taller than me, leaving my eye level to his lips, which If I may say, looked appetizing. Where the fuck did that come from.

"If you wouldn't mind Luis, maybe we could go on a date sometime?" William asked, voice suddenly lacking the confidence he once had. I looked up into his sea green eyes, seeing a bit of nervousness. I just nodded my head.

"I'd like that," I said just as quietly. William smiled.

"I'll call you," a shy smile pulled at his lips and he walked out of the restaurant. I had to stop myself from following right behind him.

Maybe, being with someone wasn't as pointless as I had thought
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to get back into writing.

Comment?